Adam Elliot is not only an Academy Award winning animator, but also one of Australia's funniest, unique and most refreshing corporate speakers and entertainers. Adam has given his inspiring and motivating presentations to hundreds of groups all over the world; from the giants at Google and Apple to a bunch of hairdressers in Borneo, his anecdotes are timeless and extremely popular with a diverse range of audiences. Adam has spoken at virtually every type of event and conference, including business breakfasts, gala dinners and awards nights. He receives applause throughout his presentations and leaves audiences thoroughly entertained, enthused and exhausted!
The son of an acrobatic prawn farmer, Adam has become one of the world's leading independent filmmakers and 'clay' animators. His story and journey of how he won his Academy Award is one of the most funny and inspiring rags to riches presentations you will ever hear. He eclipsed three of Hollywood's giants - Disney, Pixar and Fox studios, to win his Oscar for Harvie Krumpet - a classic David and Goliath scenario where Adam triumphed and in front of one billion people, gave an hilarious and moving acceptance speech. His slide-show and anecdotes about what happened afterwards and his encounters with Clint Eastwood, Steven Spielberg and other Hollywood icons will keep your audience enthralled and captivated.
Dedicated to his artform, Adam spent years animating blobs of plasticine in a run down storage unit in searing summer heat. Far from the glamour of Hollywood, his plasticine would often melt and he would be forced to work in his underpants. Despite running out of money and ending up on the dole, he was determined to finish Harvie Krumpet and with conviction, persistence and passion, took on the Hollywood studios and won - proving that small businesses can take on the big guys and that with the right mind-set, anything is possible.
His five animated films are sophisticated and bittersweet tales for mature audiences, voiced by some of the world's biggest stars including Geoffrey Rush, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Barry Humphries and Eric Bana. They have been viewed by millions of people and have won over 100 awards and have participated in over a staggering 600 film festivals. His latest film, Mary and Max starring Toni Collette, won a string of awards and was the only Australian Film to ever open Robert Redford's Sundance Film Festival. His films have inspired many and have developed a cult following. They have been turned into books, plays and Mary and Max is even currently being developed into a Broadway musical.
In 1999 Adam was the Young Achiever of the Year for Victoria and is now an official voting member for the Annual Academy Awards. Mary and Max is now officially one of the highest rated animated films of all time and in-between his speaking commitments, Adam is developing his next plasticine epic. In 2013 he will host the AACTA Awards with Geoffrey Rush and Hugh Sheridan.
He tailors his keynotes to each and every group, with clients often citing Adam as one the best speakers they have ever booked.
Client Comments for Adam Elliot
Adam Elliot travels from Victoria Australia
- Adam presented a well-polished performance that hit the mark with our audience and the event. A perfect delivery, on-time and very amusing.
VMIA - Victorian Managed Insurance Authority
- Adam was extremely entertaining and humorous... the audience's feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, and he has no doubt inspired and motivated those who were lucky enough to see him to pursue their passion.
Apple Inc Australia
- Is there a higher grade than excellent? Adam was absolutely fantastic and a joy to work with. He was inspiring, funny, down to earth and even stayed after the presentation to take photos with the guests, an unexpected surprise.
- Excellent! Absolutely sensational, the best so far in 12 years of running our conference. Every delegate was blown away by Adam's story and the way he presented it.
- I believe Adam was the best speaker we have ever had at our Graduation Ceremony. He took the audience through the process of the Academy Awards as if we were there with him. His humour was contagious. Thank you Adam!
- Adam is absolutely delightful... we couldn't wipe the smiles from the delegates' faces.
Australian Funeral Directors Association
- After being involved in many conferences as a delegate and organiser I have been exposed to many high profile speakers all around the world but Adam was head and shoulders above them all. One speaker that I highly recommend to anyone.
National Association of Australian University College
- Adam was an absolute delight. His talk engaged our people and was a source of humour and inspiration. His speech capped off a three day program and really brought it all into perspective and ensured the audience left on a high.
- Adam had the audience's attention from the outset and presented with the right mix of informative content and humour.
- Adam was absolutely fantastic and stayed and entertained my clients long into the afternoon which was above what we expected, I would strongly recommend him.
- Adam's presentation was extremely well received and worked beautifully. Great use of visualise tools and his preparation was extremely professional.
- Adam was fantastic - he came across as an everyday guy, doing what he loves, who happened to win an Oscar along the way. He makes you feel like you could do it too!
- Adam presented a very stylish, humorous and exceptionally well pitched keynote, a brilliant mix of images and anecdotes that had their attention all the way to the end. In fact you could hear a pin drop in that auditorium of 1000 people.
Montmorency Secondary College
- Adam spoke exceptionally well and he certainly kept the audience captivated with his success story. The audience comprised of the highest level CEO and MD of our major clients... they could have listened to him all evening.
"Tamie's wonderful - thank you!"
Association and Communication Events
Subscribe to our newsletter