Alan Oxley agrees that Asian engagement is vital for Australia and that success depends on realistic expectations; with 30 years experience in Asia, he understands well the opportunities, and the risks. A former Trade Ambassador, he established ITS Global, an advisory on trade, business opportunities and sustainability and The Australian describes him as Australia's foremost trade export. A frequent and often provocative commentator in global media, he warns of the importance of balancing sustainability costs and benefits for success in Asia.
Alan Oxley chairs the Australian APEC Centre at RMIT University and is founder of World Growth, an international development NGO. Audiences value his clarity and find him both stimulating and informative.
Client Comments for Alan Oxley
Alan Oxley travels from Victoria Australia
- Alan was a pleasure to work with and someone we hope to see again sometime in the future. His knowledge about trade and business with Asia is truly mind blowing, he was very interesting to listen to and had some very wise words for all those involved in the dairy industry.
Australian Dairy Farmers' Limited
- Your topic and the manner in which you delivered your address created a lot of interest amongst our delegates and contributed greatly to the success of the session.
The Australian Forex Association Ltd
- He wasn't afraid to make controversial statements. He was very well researched and spoke with authority.
- A lively and stimulating lecture, all in attendance benefited greatly from your knowledge and experience in the area.
The University of Melbourne
- His presentation was one of the most interesting and professional of the entire conference.
Ntl Agricultural & Resource Outlook Conferece
- His superb understanding of both coalition formation and the agricultural trade negotiations was delightfully received.
The World Bank
- ...we certainly enjoyed a most stimulating and interesting evening's entertainment.
Committee for Economic Development of Aust.
- Based on post-session comments your presentation received the highest grades for content and relevancy. Thanks for an interesting and thought-provoking presentation.
IISRP Board of Directors