Alan Patching founded, grew and sold a number of consultancy businesses before holding senior executive positions in major corporations across a range of industries.
He is now Managing Director of Alan Patching and Associates Pty. Ltd. and professor of project management at Bond University on the Gold Coast.
Perhaps his best known business roles were as Chief Executive Officer of the entity which owned Sydney's Olympic Stadium and as the stadium project director. He was also project director on the $280m redevelopment of Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane for the 2003 Rugby World Cup.
Alan Patching has managed or directed over $25 billion (2012 equivalent value) of major projects throughout Australia, and in the early nineties negotiated the country's largest ever property deal valued at $1.8 billion, and its largest commercial lease.
His business negotiations range from the sale and purchase of jet aircraft to the bulk buying of designer lingerie from leading international suppliers. He negotiated the deal to bring Tiffany of New York to Australia.
This impressive track record in business and leadership, combined with an extensive understanding of the psychology of human behaviour, constitutes a rare business presenter.
A presenter perfectly positioned to ensure your organisation can enhance not only technical aspects of leadership, but also that most important aspect of business communications and relationship building - emotional intelligence.
Client Comments for Alan Patching
Alan Patching travels from Queensland Australia
- Superb! Alan attracted a top-notch CEO - level guest list and provided an outstanding presentation -we look forward to him being with us again.
Aston James International
- Alan's presentation on Sales and Motivation was relevant and pitched well to the audience. His combination of good ideas, humour and use of props held everyone captive during his session.
Westpac Banking Corporation
- A very professional speaker. He was able to adjust his style to suit the audience. He did an incredible amount of preparation to ensure the success of his presentation.
Pro-Ma Systems, QLD
- The engaging of Alan to be the Master of Ceremonies for our Gala Awards Dinner on the final evening, was a masterpiece.
AON Financial Services, QLD
- Like the Olympic Games, our delegates rated this National Sales Manager Seminar ‘The Best Ever', and Alan was a very important part of its success. I am currently thinking of applications where I can use Alan's expertise again within our organisation.
Isuzu - General Motors Australia Limited
- Our Sales Summit (weekend workshop designed & conducted by Alan Patching) was a resounding success, from a company point of view as well as the feedback from the 70 participants. If brief, we had a great mix of fun, learning and motivation which will set us of on the right path to ‘creating sales success for 2002.
Getronics (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Alan has a very natural ability to relate to, motive and inspire an audience from the minute he walks in the room. He was able to provide some wonderful techniques and tools to be an effective leader and to keep your life interesting – which were reinforced by his successful experiences as a leader on many diverse projects.
- Alan was terrific...He went out of his way to contribute to the success of the event, by offering improvements and ideas.
- Your presentation was inspirational, and as MC of our Gala dinner, you were an outstanding success. In a word, you were sensational. I would be delighted if you would join us again next year in Paris.
Colonial Financial Services
- I would also like to thank you for your excellent role as MC at our recent Project Presentations. Your professionalism and humour made this event a great success.
Prudential Australia Limited
- What an opening to our conference. IN just 25 minutes you informed, excited and mesmerised, and your set the tone for the next two days. The state Government is now considering running this conference with us every year, and I think you should take much of the credit for this happy outcome.
Business Women’s Consultative Council
- I want to congratulate you on an excellent presentation. My wife and I were impressed with your philosophy on both business and life. As an aside, I believe your presentation probably did more for Australia in this region than any number of trade shows.
Australian High Commissioner, Malaysia
- Alan Patching is an outstanding, not to be missed presenter.
Inchcape, Untied Arab Emirates
- Alan did a tremendous job in performing the role of Master of Ceremonies at our recent Financial Planner Professional Development Conference held on the Gold Coast. In fact, he went beyond the call of duty and beyond my expectations in terms of his motivational content contribution and helping us solve those little crises that always tend to arise at larger events. Alan was very insightful in terms of reading the audience, and adapting the tone and content to suit the occasion.
- Brilliant speaker. Would recommend him to any party. Both entertaining and content rich.
Sealcorp Holdings Limited
- Alan adapted his pitch to the audience and the main themes of the conference in a very professional manner. He was well presented and he presented well. The people loved him.
Manufacturing Skills Australia (MSA)
- 21st Century Leadership and Success Essentials
- Achieving and Maintaining Corporate relevance and Sustainability
- Building A Futureproof Corporation
- How Individual Attitudes amass to Create Corporate Culture
- Lessons Learned from the Olympic Stadium Experience and How They Can Benefit Your Business
- Negotiation, Marketing and Selling Skills for the Professional
- Powerful Commercial Negotiation
- Project Management
- Risk Management in the Project Environment
- The $ole - Soul? Thing That Matters ©
- The Difference Between Corporate Purpose and Corporate Vision
"From the beginning of the process through to the end, the customer service has been of a high standard and both Tamie and Nina were great to deal with."
SA Power Networks
Subscribe to our newsletter