Alan is President of the Professional Speakers Association, speaking regularly at conferences, seminars and events worldwide.
He is a the only professional speaker in Europe who is also a qualified public relations professional, being a member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations.
In a 21-year career with Consumers' Association, Alan appeared regularly on BBC TV News, Sky News, Radio 4 and Radio 5 Live as well as in every ITV region, dozens of local radio stations, and has been quoted in every national newspaper. He still appears frequently on radio and television.
Alan is Director of MediaCoach and Media Director of WaringWell, and has been both a TV presenter and expert interviewee. In the latter capacity, he has notched up over 1,000 radio and TV interviews, so is uniquely placed to give insights about how the media works, and how companies can improve their image.
He set up and ran Which? Online - one of the few profitable European Internet Service Providers, and has been providing valuable advice to consumers and companies for over 20 years.
He was the only consumer representative in the UK ministerial delegation to the seminal OECD E-commerce conference in Ottawa, Canada in 1998
He was recently an advisor to the Cabinet Office on the UK Government’s online strategy, helping to produce the report “Good Government Websites”.
His book, The Pocket Media Coach, was published by HowToBooks in October 2005.
Client Comments for Alan Stevens
Alan Stevens travels from United Kingdom
- I want to thank you once again for your professional and informative presentation. Your candid and perceptive views were much appreciated by delegates. You received the highest rating of all the speakers. Congratulations!
- Alan's presentation skills are legendary. He understands his audience and what they need from him, and delivers accordingly. He speaks with wit, candour, and intelligence, in the right mix for each situation. I have no hesitation in recommending him as a professional speaker
- The audience found your presentation extremely valuable. As our first speaker at a Consumer Affairs Seminar in DTI, you have set a very high standard!
Department of Trade and Industry
- 10 Things Not To Say To A Journalist
- Effective Websites That Really Work
- Free Publicity That's Worth A Fortune
- Make Your Own Adventure
- Make Your Website A Customer Magnet
- Media Disasters (And How To Avoid Them)
- The 7 Secrets of Media Masters
- Throw Away The Rule Book - And Increase Your Profit
- What Do Journalists Want? (And How To Sell It To Them)
"I appreciated the follow up and flexibility in organising the event regarding travel arrangements and securing our preferred speaker."
Mars Petcare Australia
Subscribe to our newsletter