As a CEO, senior executive, publisher and business journalist, Amanda has been at the forefront of Australian media and communications for more than 25 years; in particular leading change through the constant stream of disruptive digital and social technologies that have transformed the industry.
Amanda has been the force behind the growth of media brands including BRW, the Fast 100 and SmartInvestor. After interviewing many entrepreneurs worth their salt and some who weren't, in 2007 Amanda launched some of Australia's first digital media brands, including her SmartCompany and StartUp Smart before merging her business with Private Media, owner of Crikey. She sold out of that business in 2013.
Proving large companies can also be entrepreneurial, Amanda then joined ANZ, as head of social and digital media at ANZ where she led the bank’s content and social media strategy, started the award winning NotableWomen program to upskill female executives with modern communication skills resulting in better performance and promotions and was also associate editor of BlueNotes, ANZ’s ground breaking media publication.
Always entrepreneurial, In December 2015, Amanda left ANZ to launch a new business to help executives, CEOs and corporates navigate the rapidly changing social and digital landscape.
She is CEO of Notable Media, a communications and marketing business for executives and corporates to help them use social media, digital platforms and content to build communities, conversations and business results. ANZ remains a client.
She is also an Adjunct Professor of Business at RMIT University, a position she has held for 15 years.
Client Comments for Amanda Gome
- Amanda was very professional and tailored her material to suit our sector.
Tourism Alliance Victoria Ltd
- Adjunct Professor Amanda Gome is an eloquent, informative, engaging, provocative, intelligent, and fun speaker who has given many talks in a variety of contexts, including international world conferences (e.g., International Conference for Small Business); government forums, university settings (both undergraduate and postgraduate); to peak industry bodies/associations; and to the wider business community. Amanda's style incorporates a unique blend which involves tailoring material to fit her audience. She draws upon her wealth of knowledge gained from many years of experience as a journalist, editor, adviser, member of university and government-related committees, and her research and experience with entrepreneurial firms and larger corporations. In short, Amanda is one of the best speakers I have had the pleasure to listen to, and her dynamism and ability to speak off-the-cuff is most impressive.
- Amanda spoke very well on the topic and then contributed well to a Q & A session with three local entrepreneurs. The feedback we received from club members was positive and they found the whole session practical and worthwhile.
School of Hard Knocks for Stressed Business People and Reluctant Entrepreneurs
- You had a strong understanding of the theme of the conference and an invaluable awareness of the issues facing the future of business in the recruitment industry. Some of the comments we have received in regards to your keynote presentation include...
- Great story, well told and with heaps of relevance. Perfect start of second day.
- Fabulous, clear, concise and down to earth language that can be translated into practical advice for budding entrepreneurs.
- Sassy and terrific. I have been reading her work for years and it was great to see her in person. More please!
RCSA was very fortunate to have your support for such a significant event and we would like to thank you for helping to make it such a success.
Recruitment and Consulting Services Association
- Delegates loved Amanda's exuberance and honesty in relating her business experience. A great story.
Recruitment & Consulting Services Association (NSW/ACT)
- Amanda Gome is one of the most dynamic figures in Australian business journalism, publishing and business development. As an entrepreneur herself, Amanda can literally talk the talk and walk the walk. She's a natural leader, communicator and storyteller and knows how to build up the skills and careers of others. Many Australian business leaders and journalists have benefited from Amanda's generosity and encouragement. Believe me, I am one of them!
Australian Trade Commission (Austrade)
- The Secrets of Hot Start-ups
- The Secrets to Online Sales & Marketing
- Taking Your Business to the Next Level
- Increasing your Customer Base
- A Market that is Large, Lucrative & Challenging: SMEs
- Managing a Diverse Workforce: Gen X & Y
- Infusing Innovation and Entrepreneurialism into your Culture
- I Couldn't Have Done It Without You
- Call That News? That Story is 10 Minutes Old!
- Unleash Your Digital Entrepreneur
Topic SynopsesThe Secrets of Hot Start-ups
This session explores the recent key changes to the economy, regulations and society that are impacting business, the new marketplaces and billion dollar industries of the future. It also examines which emerging entrepreneurs are seizing the opportunity and making millions now
The Secrets to Online Sales & Marketing
The session examines how to navigate Web 2.0, how it is changing the nature of business, and then how to use online techniques to increase business growth and results. Success stories of online businesses are to illustrate.
Taking Your Business to the Next Level
Research from fast growth entrepreneurs: ten key factors to build a bigger business. Most businesses never grow beyond five people. So what makes a millionaire entrepreneur? What are the key barriers/mistakes that stop companies growing?
Increasing your Customer Base
Explores the successful sales and marketing strategies of successful companies and entrepreneurs, and emphasises online customer acquisition strategies. The key sales and marketing mistakes companies make and lessons they learn
A Market that is Large, Lucrative & Challenging: SMEs
There are 2.3 million small and medium businesses. Once on board, they can be very loyal and profitable customers. But how do you reach this diverse and fragmented marketplace? Amanda outlines the Strategies and success stories of companies that have succeeded, as well as key insights.
Managing a Diverse Workforce: Gen X & Y
With the rise of Gen Y through into the workforce, a generation markedly different from previous ones, managing staff is becoming increasingly complex. The session explores how to motivate and retain Gen X & Y and success stories from successful companies.
Infusing Innovation and Entrepreneurialism into your Culture
This session explores how to foster innovation, and provides tips and lessons from leading innovative organisations in the marketplace.
I Couldn't Have Done It Without You
From early in her career, passionate entrepreneur, renowned business journalist and experienced educator Amanda Gome has used mentors to guide, advice, warn and inspire her. In this entertaining speech she will share her experience on how to build a mentor strategy, approach a mentor, manage the relationship and maximise the opportunity. She also looks at the mentor strategies of leading entrepreneurs and leaders and how mentoring contributed to their success.
Call That News? That Story is 10 Minutes Old!
We now live in a news bubble with always on digital news forcing the old gatekeepers to reinvent themselves as the audience talks back. But far from being a negative news story, the new digital age is bringing enormous resources and power to the fingertips of all. Amanda Gome, who built her own online media business, will outline the trends that are changing the way you get your news, how to develop your own news and social media strategy and how to become an expert in the media and in your industry.
Unleash Your Digital Entrepreneur
Amanda Gome explains how the internet has transformed how customers buy and provides tips and advice on how to market and sell in this new environment, using content marketing an social media. She draws on her own experience as a digital innovator as well as examples from other entrepreneurs to leave the audience feeling inspired and focused on the new opportunities.
"A very easy process. Good lead-in service and excellent follow-up."
City of Greater Bendigo
Subscribe to our newsletter