As a communications and performance expert, Amanda Gore believes success in business is always about feelings - the way we feel about a product, organisation or person influences how we behave and informs our decisions about how we spend, and who we conduct business with.
Taking the stance that business has been paralysed by its own over-analysis, her presentations break down the barriers that separate people in an invigorating, action-packed ride towards self-discovery and ultimately, real and lasting change.
She demonstrates how people can re-connect to the energy and emotional layers that really drive performance, innovation, relationships, engagement and creativity in their business and personal life utilising positive psychology, epigenetics and emotional intelligence.
... and all this very intelligent sounding stuff means basically that...
People who are happy at work are 31% more productive, sell 37% more and are three times more creative. They make better team players, handle change more effectively, become more positive and are much more engaged.
Amanda makes audiences happier - for a long time - and gives them strategies that work on how to stay happier!
Based in the US for eight years, Amanda was during this time voted one of the top three speakers by leading speakers' bureaus and inducted into the US Speakers Hall of Fame.
Amanda is engaged by some of the world's biggest corporations to help business leaders achieve results by getting people engaged in, enthusiastic about and aligned with corporate goals and vision.
In between delivering an average of 60 presentations in Australia and the US every year, Amanda has written five books, produced several DVD and audio visual training programs and has accumulated over one million views on her You Tube channel.
Client Comments for Amanda Gore
Amanda Gore travels from Queensland Australia
- Absolutely brilliant. Lovely (crazy) lady with valuable content for all to be motivated and inspired by.
Genesys Wealth Advisers Ltd
- You'll be very pleased to know that your wonderful gestures and sayings have really caught on in my own department. Just yesterday, I went downstairs to my Help Desk because one of our associates had won a gift certificate at a United Way meeting that they attended. Everyone wanted her to do a "Ta Da"! I also overheard someone else ask the other "What's the Best Thing that's Happened to You Today!" and they are all learning to "Build a Bridge and Get Over It" when things happen and there's no sense in holding onto it! I'm sure the same thing is going on in our sales offices across the US! You are a gift that keeps on giving! You were right...it has given them another language to use that connects them and puts laughter back into the workplace!
- I have spent most of this week out visiting the stores and attending store meetings and events. Wow!! It is catching on. Everyone is using the tools you gave them and wanting more. I sure messed up by not having you come speak to us sooner. I make financial decisions every day about how to use our budget and invest our money in different resources. You are the best investment I have made yet. We will earn 'dividends' for a long time.
- Meeting planners have to ask themselves if the speaker that they are looking to hire is worth what they paid. I am here to tell any meeting planner who wants to know, the answer is YES. Amanda is worth every penny and about $60,000 more! I have hired speakers who charge $40,000 and more and they did not leave the audience with a fraction of what Amanda did.
Business and Professional Women USA
- Based on evaluations collected on-site, your session was the highest rated of over 30 sessions. We had several attendees tell us that your session was not only the best session that they attended this year, but also the best they've ever attended with ASA or any other group.
American Staffing Association
- We had Amanda kick our conference off - and she made the difference between a good conference and a GREAT conference. Amanda's message and the tone she set carried through the next two days.
- Amanda's ability to cut through with our team set the scene for our conference. Barriers were broken through the use of humour and physical symbols which reinforced our theme and inspired colleagues to connect. Amanda has a gift which you need to experience first hand.
- You will recall that at the Business Managers' conference in the beginning of the year as part of the change mindset objectives was to have the Business Managers sell more of the Insurance products. It is pleasing to note that your presentation has had some major impact on the improvement and growth in Insurance sales this year. For the 1st quarter of 2010 compared to the same period in 2009 our Insurance income is up 36% which is very pleasing particularly in a mature market. We are also pleased to let you all know that we have just had a record month for Ancillary Insurance sales. For the first time ever, we have surpassed 1000 ancillary policies in a single month.
- How do you take a calculated risk within a conservative organisation during times of social minority marginalising the greater society? You engage the services of Amanda Gore.
- Thank you so much for your fabulous presentation at our Leadership Day. It was absolutely wonderful and the consultants got so much from it. We look forward to working with you in the future.
- Amanda took up my challenge of heading up day two of our Sales Kickoff Conference and after the year we had and the celebrations that ensued the previous night, that was no mean feat! I am very pleased to say that after Amanda's taadaas, 'EXCELLENT!'s and magic wands, I had 180 enthused, vibrant and charged up salespeople. They left the session singing, smiling and some were even dancing!
The rest of the day was a high-energy and constructive session that I would never have imagined possible, she is brilliant! I have never received so many votes of thanks and expressions of gratitude for an event in my career, and I put a lot of that down to Amanda's energy and smiley faces!
I even walked past the Melbourne sales meeting on Tuesday and they were wearing their smiley faces and standing up yelling "EXCELLENT" and they were replaying Amanda AGAIN! They can't get enough of her...
- Amanda's engaging presentation was the perfect way to end the first business day at our national conference. It lifted the mood and left attendees energised to a point that they were literally singing and dancing in the aisles. We were greatly impressed by Amanda's preparation and the effort she put in to understanding our business in order to adapt her presentation to suit our audience.
Hotondo Building Pty Ltd
- A fantastic speaker - worth every cent!
Westpac Banking Corporation
- Amanda Gore brings a level of energy, enthusiasm, humor, and intelligence far above the conventional 'motivational speaker' you may be seeking for your next meeting. If you want to make your meeting memorable, and I do mean memorable (attendees are still talking about her presentation and message), and send people home on a high note, Amanda is the speaker for you.
American Association of Diabetes Educators
- A tribute to your magnetic presentation was when so many of the participants willingly danced around and interacted. I have never been so pleasantly surprised by how you were able to enlist eve our most 'standoff-ish' participants.
Texas Society of Association Executives
- WAKE UP: To what really matters at work and home
- WAKE UP: To to the link between feelings and success
- WAKE UP: To The spirit of leadership
- WAKE UP: To profitable joy
- WAKE UP: To what makes relationships work - at work
- You Can't Change a Customer's Attitude, but You Can Change Yours
- The Neuroscience of Leadership
WAKE UP: To what really matters at work and home
Part 1: How to change attitudes, behaviors and outcomes - in a heartbeat
This presentation is about changing our perceptions, which in turn transforms how we behave and feel. Full of laughter, interaction, symbols and specific strategies to improve two key areas of emotional intelligence - self knowledge and self management - it makes people feel good about themselves and transforms their thinking and attitudes. It talks about why joy is the next competitive advantage! They will learn how to:
• Understand the importance of the connection between leadership, sales, service, and relationships;
• Celebrate, motivate and encourage - how to acknowledge themselves and recognise others;
• Deal with stress and change;
• Manage beliefs which determine performance; and
• Laugh more and rediscover joy.
WAKE UP: To to the link between feelings and success
Part 2: How to make others feel good - in a heartbeat
In this presentation, Amanda teaches her audience how to bring out the best in others and make them feel good. People always remember how you made them feel. Working with the latest science from positive psychology and epigenetics, they will learn how to:
• Motivate and encourage others;
• Be authentic, humble and work collaboratively;
• Program themselves for excellence;
• Unlock the secrets and power of non-verbal communication;
• Build strong, lasting relationships; and
• Have a positive spirit - not just a positive attitude!
WAKE UP: To The spirit of leadership
Part 3: How to engage people - in a heartbeat
If you want to change an organisation, you have to lead with a change of heart, a change of spirit. The spirit in which we do anything determines the outcome, whether positive or negative. People are no longer a company's most important asset; the spirit in which they do things is! People with a positive spirit are inspired, motivated, excited about what they do, and create strong, lasting relationships. Once our hearts are engaged in what we are doing, and we see what we do as fulfilling work - not just as a job, then how we work is transformed. This purpose/spirit driven culture is the culture of the future. The new generations are demanding it, baby boomers are seeking it, and everyone wants it! This keynote radically affects the group dynamics - it breaks down barriers so that learning, networking and connection continue not only during the meeting, but for the long term. This session is full of techniques that will help leaders:
• Bring out people's positive spirits;
• Inspire people to change or handle any business challenge creatively; and
• Motivate people to be their best and create collaborative teams.
WAKE UP: To profitable joy
Part 4: How to bust stress, eradicate fear and build morale - in a heartbeat
Change and stress go hand in hand. Learning about how the brain actually can and does change (neuroplasticity), that adults learn more quickly than children, and that our brains need change to stay vibrant and alert transforms the way people perceive change. This means instead of being a stressor, change can be welcomed as an opportunity to grow and develop - and live, fully alive, longer! This is a fun session designed to:
• Address the current tough economic climate;
• Help people put things in perspective;
• Help people refocus on what’s important; and
• Demonstrate the ways in which people can reduce stress.
WAKE UP: To what makes relationships work - at work
Part 5: How to bridge the gender gap in a heartbeat (or brain sex!)
Yes, men and women are from different planets, but a slight shift in perception is all it takes to have them understanding, appreciating and admiring each other for their unique talents. Relationships are like living breathing organisms and they need nurturing, watering and care. In this session find out what the other person wants and needs, and how to nurture. It's very funny - and very useful for life and work! This session can be related to sales, customer service, negotiating, call centers, business relationships, or personal relationships and can focus on gender differences or not! Amanda teaches:
• Specific ways to communicate with the opposite sex; and
• Practical tools that will help avoid conflict and build trust.
Workshops or Breakout Options
Any of the above keynotes can also be extended or combined and made into workshops.
You Can't Change a Customer's Attitude, but You Can Change Yours
Traditional sales courses focus on communication styles and techniques that are still important... but everyone knows them. Teach your team the latest subtle verbal and non-verbal techniques to create partnerships - not just relationships - with your clients or customers. Partnerships are the next level to aspire towards - while everyone else is just working on relationships, you can be focused on creating true long term partnerships!
There are many secrets to enhancing rapport, connection and delivering unpalatable messages without destroying relationship as well as building ongoing loyalty with customers or clients. All relate to our ability to communicate and connect. This session explores how to find out what our clients really want - at much deeper levels than before - which then allows us to serve their real needs better than our competitors, and with more flexibility, options and choices.
The Neuroscience of Leadership
Neuroscience is the scientific study of the nervous system, which doesn't sound particularly relevant to leadership, but as leaders and team members are humans, our nervous systems control pretty much everything in our bodies, so linking the two is important!
A leaders job is three fold:
1. To change people's behavior (and yes, neuroscience shows us it's possible);
2. To create an environment in which people can be the best they can be (linked to the nervous system which affects performance, creativity, innovation and happiness); and
3. To help people believe in themselves.
We might think the nervous system is just the brain - but the heart and stomach have millions of 'brain' cells (neurons) in them too - so you 'think' and feel with your heart and gut as well! And all leadership - or sales or customer service or team work or culture - is based on feelings: how you feel about yourself, and how you make others feel.
This session blends latest findings in neuroscience, epigenetics, emotional intelligence, positive psychology and some common sense in a really funny way. It's also full of relevant information and skills that will help you be a better leader - whether that role is part of your title or not!
"Tamie and Trish: The A team. I would recommend Saxton without hesitation - I do not go anywhere else."
Flying Ruby Events
Subscribe to our newsletter