Dr Amantha Imber PhD
Dr Amantha Imber is an innovation psychologist, best-selling author, and founder of Australia’s leading innovation consultancy Inventium. Inventium has been recognised as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies in the BRW Fast 100 list, and was also awarded the BRW Client Choice Award for Best Management Consultancy in Australia. In 2016, Amantha was inducted into the Australian Business Women’s Hall of Fame.
With a PhD in organisational psychology, Amantha has helped companies such as Google, Coca-Cola, Disney, LEGO, Red Bull, American Express, Virgin Australia, Commonwealth Bank and many others innovate more successfully. Amantha was a finalist in the 2015 Telstra Business Women of the Year awards.
Amantha is the co-creator of the Australian Financial Review’s Most Innovative Companies list, an annual list that Inventium compiles, ranking Australia's top innovators. Her thoughts have appeared in Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, Forbes, and Fast Company and she is the author of two best-selling books: “The Creativity Formula” and “The Innovation Formula”.
Client Comments for Amantha Imber
Amantha Imber travels from Victoria Australia
- Like most people, I'm only half listening to the presentations towards the end of conferences. That's because my attention is focused on the long list of emails on the BlackBerry I'm hiding under the table. Amantha Imber's presentation was different. It was compelling, intrusive, provocative and insightful. I powered off my BlackBerry and listened.
- Amantha is creative, inspiring, and helped us taking our thoughts about innovation to a new plane.
- It was during the final session of an incredibly boring seminar that Amantha made her first impression on me. She blew me away. She was quirky, engaging, energetic, energising and incredibly insightful. Since then, I've involved Amantha in running my part of the business because she causes people to be more productive in their roles by helping them to be more creative. Amantha is one of those great educators who does not teach things, she helps people to discover things. Through group workshops and one on one coaching Amantha has introduced a new language and a set of concepts into my team. These concepts act as triggers to remind us when we should be thinking more creatively and tools to help us make this happen. The evidence of Amantha's value, to my business, has been made clear to me through my teams' increased willingness to embrace and apply creative thinking as a critical discipline for running a large and complex business. I have no hesitation in recommending Amantha to any business leader.
- Amantha is a person who makes a lasting impression and changes people's lives. There aren't many who can claim that. Of course it helps that she has a PhD in cognitive behaviour, but she combines her deep expertise with an exceptional gift to teach and inspire and enthuse and build deep personal connections with people from all walks of life, culture creed and colour. She teaches the most complex science in a way that makes it seem simple, easy and very do-able. She is also one of the most professional people I have ever worked with- reliable, prepared, personable. I love working with her!
- Excellent! Very inspiring and motivating, yet also practical and out-come focused and very digestible for my staff.
- It was unique, immersive learning. It left me with plenty of things I can do and use in the future.
- Amantha provides her audience with strategies that are directly translatable into practice – no small feat given the phobias and anxieties that a large number of people experience when reflecting upon their own personal levels of creativity. I recently invited Amantha Imber to present both a keynote address and a workshop at a conference for Tasmanian teachers. Amantha's keynote was exceptional and profoundly moving for me as a person and as an educator. The conference has since proven to be something of a hit. The 'secret weapon', in my opinion, was Amantha Imber!
Vocational and Applied Learning
- Amantha Imber's presentation as part of the Chisholm Business Innovation Seminar Series was a huge success. She is an engaging speaker and a polished presenter who is fun to listen to. The information she presented on the science behind creativity and strategies for ideas generation were really well-received and the participants lined up to buy her new book. We would welcome an encore presentation anytime. Amantha was great.
Chisholm Institute of TAFE
- Amantha has delivered excellent results for Coca-Cola Amatil. I have rarely seen a set of creative tools permeate an organisation so quickly due to their clear logic and simplicity.
- I have worked with Amantha over the last four years. Her business, Inventium, has been incredibly successful because Amantha is an expert in the field of creativity, a great relationship builder and has such a high level of personal passion. She does not roll out 'one size fits all' solutions, but really listens to what a team needs and then works out the right program for that particular team. She is flexible and collaborative. Overall, a pleasure to work with.
- Fantastic. It was very original, relevant and applicable. Great tools we can use everyday. Will definitely recommend!
- Amantha Imber's presentation was a refreshing change. Clearly a gifted public speaker, she implored us to 'crush our assumptions', 'go wide', and 'step into the shoes of others', in order to stimulate creativity in our marketing teams. It set a creative tone for the conference and engaged the delegates on several levels. I would recommend Amantha as a conference speaker to other conference organisers looking to get the most for their delegates and add a little spice to their planned schedule.
- Amantha was a delight to work with this. From our initial discussion through to the follow up material received following the event Inventium was nothing but professional. The Creativity and Innovation workshop met the needs of the audience, they left with practical tools that could be taken back and applied immediately in the workplace. We'll be looking to have Amantha back on the platform again.
- Five stars to Amantha! Great content, presentation style, loads of enthusiasm, all back up by really relevant material. Loved it!
The Get Group
- One of the best training programs I have ever attended where I can utilise everything learnt - immediately - back on the job and see instant results.
- An inspirational half day.
- Your topic 'Overcoming Creative Blocks' proved highly relevant to all our attendees as evident by a great turnout. Considering that NAFA is comprised of a diverse bunch of creatives, I was most impressed you held the group spell-bound for the hour. In fact, I noticed that no-one dared to leave in case they missed one of your gems! You certainly entertained and inspired us with your willingness to share insights and strategies.
- I thought it was brilliant. One of the best workshops undertaken and well and truly the most useful.
- I can't believe how much of an impact 40 minutes can make! Amantha provided tools to inspire, create, motivate and change the way we go about our day to day business, and continue to evolve our point of difference from our competitors. Great job!
- The session was fresh, laden with ideas but importantly it armed us with a bunch of new ways to get creative thinking to live and breathe and a gutful of determination to bring our new found skills to life. Amantha leaves her audience creatively inspired.
- One of the best, simplest but most effective workshops I have ever attended - well done!
Quantum Market Research
"Always a pleasure working with the Sydney team, Nina and Tamie. Helpful in working with our not for profit budget. Thanks for all your assistance as always."
National Safety Council of Australia
Subscribe to our newsletter