Andre Van Heerden
Drawing on the perspectives of history and philosophy, and a wealth of business experience, Andre demonstrates the impact of leaders and misleaders on business, making plain the psychologies of progress and regress. He shows how corporate culture determines performance, and how leadership or misleadership determines corporate culture. His highly successful Power of Integrity™ Leadership Program has earned enthusiastic praise from almost 500 corporate leaders over the past eight years.
Since studying law and history at university, Andre has been a teacher, a soldier, a policeman, a refugee, an advertising copywriter, a creative director, an immigrant, an account director, a marketing consultant, a professional speaker, a corporate coach, and an expert on leadership. He is the author of The Power of Integrity™ Workshops, and has two books on leadership due for publication in 2010.
Andre's career in advertising saw him work with blue-chip brands like Toyota, Ford, Jaguar, Honda, American Express, Kodak, S. C. Johnson, John Deere, Kimberley-Clarke, Canon, and Motorola. The Power of Integrity™ Program he now provides has involved working with leading New Zealand organizations in the dairy industry, food production, retail, the financial sector, real estate, advertising, print production, governmental services, education and training, accountancy, and legal services.
The Power of Integrity™ Leadership Program has proved popular with both management and staff in a wide range of organisations. The 6-month program includes workshops, 360-degree assessments, and one-on-one mentoring based on a Personal Development Plan. The objective is to help companies develop a self-sustaining culture of leadership, and to enable individuals to achieve their full potential in the workplace and beyond. The compelling lessons of the six-month program have been successfully repackaged in one-day seminars, conference keynote talks, and one-off workshops of varying length.
Client Comments for Andre Van Heerden
Andre Van Heerden travels from New Zealand
- Having attended similar courses over the years, yours was outstanding... by far the best. The content was spot on and very useful and applicable immediately.
- It was the best exercise we have undertaken since we began. It challenged many previous views and made us realise our potential. He was able to speak to the audience in their language and give us a set of guidelines to flow through into our plans. He handled a very difficult environment well and achieved an outcome that made us appreciate our team and their potential. He made us believe in ourselves.
DTZ New Zealand
- Your in-put into our conference was immense – the content of your presentation was just so on the button for our people. The message was received and this morning I have had two calls from people saying they have started to implement changes already – fantastic.
South Pacific Tyres
- Thank you for gaining a real understanding of our business. The feedback was very positive and we look forward to using your services again at future events – which I hope is clear recognition of our respect for the level of presentation you provided.
- Many thanks Andre – that was a very, very impressive, empowering, and rewarding course. I have learned so much – I want to lead like I mean it. I was very impressed with your communication skills, empathy with us, and fascinating knowledge and historical and sports examples used.
- I cannot emphasise enough the positive response this program drove from all who attended. By the end of the first two sessions of our 10 week program, there wasn't a cynic to be sighted.
- We entered a new stage in the development of our organisation, and Andre very skilfully guided us through the process.
Otago Regional Council
- Andre's work was invaluable. He came to the day extremely well-prepared, and with an excellent knowledge of our needs and aims. His work was consistently visionary and practical.
- The workshops were excellent motivation for our team, and I would readily recommend your services to any company wanting to boost the enthusiasm and effectiveness of their sales people.
- Absolutely outstanding presentation on the power of brands – we had glowing feedback from all who attended the conference, including the Chairman and the General Manager of Tyrepower in Australia.
- There is no doubt the leadership program is having a huge impact.
- An excellent presentation.
NZ Contractors Federation
- Leader Shapes Culture Shapes Brand – leadership is always the on-going challenge
- Leaders & Misleaders – the psychology of progress and regress
- Leaders & the People Problem – understanding personality, character, and human nature
- Leaders Think; Misleaders Scheme – and most managers just follow the formula
- Leadership & Creativity – you can only build the future with new ideas
- Leading Relationships – exploding the myth of office politics
- What Does Morality Have to do with Business? Business ethics in an unethical age