Andrew May, regarded as one of Australia's leading experts on performance and productivity, runs performance businesses in Sydney and London. He has recently launched Australia's newest concept in recovery, an exclusive recharge clinic in Sydney, Australia.
In today's frantically paced, 24/7 digital age of button smacking, aldesko dining, constant partial attention, the multitasking myth and the noddy syndrome, cappuccino cowboys and sugar addicts, Andrew May is devoted to exploring and implementing better approaches to managing our increasingly complex lives, at work and at home. With his background as an elite athlete, high performance coach and business mentor, Andrew May understands that this can be achieved by 'switching on when you need to and off when you can'.
Andrew May speaks to groups and individuals across the globe, mentors CEOs and senior managers, is published throughout national and international media, and is a regular voice on radio and the resident lifestyle expert on Australia's TODAY show.
Andrew is the author of the best-selling books Flip the Switch and Switched On Health & Wellbeing Professionals.
He is the former Physical Performance Manager for the Australian Cricket Team and has also worked with the NSW Blues, several AFL teams and Olympic athletes in track and field, swimming, basketball, netball, hockey and tennis. Andrew co-founded Australia's largest corporate health and well-being company, Good Health Solutions, and is the founder of recently sold international fitness consultancy, PT Plus.
Client Comments for Andrew May
Andrew May travels from New South Wales Australia
- Thanks for your great ‘Switched On' keynote at our annual conference. It was our pleasure having you as part of our 'people' day and I thought your speech was fantastic! One of our international guests from London was so impressed with your presentation that he said he's going back this week to let them know what an innovative company we are down here and to speak to International HR about running something similar in UK – all very positive!
EMI Music Australia
- Hi Andrew, I wanted to take a minute to thank you for all of the time and effort you have put into the AXA manager conference program over the last year. Combining the morning wake up activities, masseurs, and the online learning and intranet with your keynote presentations is a perfect way to blend content and practice. The Switched On reviews where you summarise all of our activities and provide us with downloads and photos of the entire experience is always very well received. We are looking forward to running this program with you again next year!
- Feedback from delegates clearly shows your talk was not only well received, but a highlight of the event. Your experience and understanding of sustained performance and its impact on our businesses certainly gives us all plenty to think about in planning ahead.
- Andrew's energetic style always leaves the audience buzzing. We can always count on Andrew to partner with us and deliver a humorous, thought provoking and very practical presentation. He is a master speaker and the perfect choice to stimulate the audience with a fact filled health message. One of the best I've seen!
- From the very start your message was powerful and to the point. I was particularly impressed the way you researched the audience and continually linked the key messages back to our specific business and day to day pressures.
- Andrew recently partnered with Human Resources to develop a specific presentation that outlined the theory behind designing and managing Work Life Balance programs; as well as providing employees with powerful and realistic strategies they could immediately use. This provided a very strong platform for HR to then explain what we are doing on both a global and local initiative. I strongly recommend Andrew May as one of the best in the business I've come across
- Andrew May has now presented to Ernst & Young employees throughout Australia in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra and Perth. His high energy, enthusiasm, subject knowledge and capacity to relate to large numbers of people both professional and non–professional is the reason we contract him again and again. Andrew has an engaging and sense of humour which allows him to draw in and interest his audience. We also belive Andrew is now very aware of our culture and our objectives and he is able to deliver addresses to large or small audiences within an appropriate contextual framework. We have been very satisfied with Andrew's contribution to our health and well–being program and look forward to a long and successful working relationship with him.
Ernst & Young
- Your session on Tuesday night was great and I have had a heap of positive feedback. 'On when you have to - Off when you can', featured heavily during our conference and I will be really surprised if any of the group don't attempt the on line learning opportunity
- Comments from our staff included...
"Absolutely fabulous", "great motivational speaker, very thought provoking", "fantastic presentation", "great topic - great tools", "awesome" and "more of this at conferences".
NSW Rural Fire Service - Region West
- We were absolutely thrilled with Andrew. He was professional, on message, approachable, highly relevant, engaging, value-adding... Our delegates were exceptionally positive, and they were hard to please. Well done.
Liquor Marketing Group
- Email School and Fleeting Meetings
- Energy Management and Creativity
- Keep Doing/Stop Doing/Start Doing
- Leadership Lessons Learned from Sport
- Principles of Performace
- Productivity and Output
- Productivity Boost: The four day work week
- Recharge: Hit the 're' button
- Staying Switched On: How the best get better
- Switched On Health and Wellbeing
- Team Work and Culture
- The Time Management Myth
"Fantastic staff, all very friendly and helpful."
Subscribe to our newsletter