Ann-Maree Moodie is the Managing Director of The Boardroom Consulting Group where she leads a team of governance professionals providing advice to boardrooms in the listed, private, government and not-for-profit environments.
Ann-Maree is known for her outstanding abilities to advise on the creation of best practice boardrooms. Drawing from her doctoral research, Ann-Maree has developed a bespoke analytical instrument for board performance evaluation which has consistently
been shown to enhance boardroom dynamics, decision-making and governance practices.
Ann-Maree is qualified as a company secretary and is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a Fellow of Chartered Secretaries Australia and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators. She is also a member of the European Corporate Governance Institute.
Outside the boardroom, Ann-Maree is a noted media commentator on corporate governance issues and trends which stimulate debate on new and progressive ways to promote sustainable governance initiatives. Her monthly corporate governance opinion column has been published in CFO magazine since 2002 and she also writes 'The Organisation', a column on social business issues for Fast Thinking. Her articles appear regularly in The Australian Financial Review, The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald and Keeping Good Companies. She is also the author of three books: The Twenty First Century Board: Selection, Performance & Succession, Local Heroes: A Celebration of
Success and Leadership in Australia, and Small Poppies: Profile of Australian Small Business.
Ann-Maree is a presenter on corporate governance for post-graduate programs across Australia and she speaks on boardroom dynamics and leadership to domestic and international audiences.
Her pro bono work includes her role as a Children's Literacy Ambassador for Dymock's Children's Charities. She also serves as a member of the Network and Community Sub-Committee of the Board of the Public Interest Journalism Foundation, based at the Institute for Social Research at Swinburne University in Melbourne.
Ann-Maree was a foundation judge for the Governance Professional of the Year Award run by Chartered Secretaries Australia.
Client Comments for Ann-Maree Moodie
Ann-Maree Moodie travels from New South Wales Australia
Robert P. Miles, author, "The Warren Buffet CEO","Ann-Maree Moodie has an extraordinary talent of researching her subject and drawing out a side of them that they didn't even know they had. With the skill of an investigative journalist, she masterf
- I recently participated in board roundtable discussion on Corporate Governance arranged and facilitated by Ann-Maree Moodie. Ann-Maree clearly has a strong background in, and knowledge of, the issues surrounding corporate governance. She is also an excellent facilitator with an uncanny ability to encourage openness and participation from all attendees.
Baron Partners Limited
- As our workshop facilitator, Ann-Maree Moodie successfully joined with each of us individually and had a clear direction of where to take us collectively. The teaching components of the workshop were very relevant and provided stimulation around the use of power and authority and decision-making process issues. It caused me to reflect on my behaviour within the group and how I might choose to act differently on occasions. Ann-Maree's encouragement for us to argue an alternative position with evidence was very helpful and she was able to lure us outside of our comfort zones. Importantly, Ann-Maree managed to keep us on task to achieve the outcomes established on the first morning.
- As Chairman of the Sydney Turf Club, The Ted Noffs Foundation and a number of private companies, I felt the need to be made fully aware of my Corporate Governance responsibilities. I was introduced to Ann-Maree Moodie and have engaged in her role as a 'sounding board' to chairmen. Her knowledge, solutions and explanations on Corporate Governance have been a revelation, and have had a marked affect on my business and professional dealings. Ann-Maree's enthusiasm, energy and easy manner make our engagement highly informative and enjoyable. I have no hesitation in recommending Ann-Maree Moodie to anybody wishing to expand their knowledge on Corporate Governance.
The Ted Noffs Foundation
- We engaged the services of Ann-Maree Moodie from The Boardroom Consulting Group Pty Ltd to manage an Executive/Board strategic planning day. The independence she brought to the day, her skills in preparing individual board members and executives prior to the conference to be able to participate to their full capacity, and her facilitation of the day itself, were excellent. Ann-Maree delivered on her promise.
- Leading For Diversity in the Boardroom
- Corporate Governance: A Business Imperative
- The 21st Century Board: Selection, Performance and Succession
Topic SynopsesLeading For Diversity in the Boardroom
For the first time in the history of Australian business, the composition of company boards is becoming increasingly diverse. In the past 18 months, approximately 75 women were appointed to ASX 200 boards in order to meet new gender diversity guidelines and to combat the real threat of introducing quotas.
Listed company boards, for so long composed and led by men of a certain age and background, are changing as gender and other dimensions of diversity, such as age and ethnicity, become factors in board composition. This presents an important question: what additional skills will be required to lead diversely-composed boards?
This keynote address will examine:
• the background to the gender diversity debate in Australian boardrooms;
• why mixed groups make more effective decisions;
• new styles of chairmanship to lead diverse boards;
• creating a boardroom culture that embraces argument and debate.
"The team were so PATIENT. I was getting frustrated going through the process of deciding and getting the right budget but the team were full of suggestions and nothing seemed too hard."
Amgen Australia Pty Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter