Ever wanted to meet Arnold Schwarzenegger, Owen Wilson or even Homer Simpson? Well chances are, if you spend enough time with Ben Price you'll be holding a conversation with them before long. A gifted mimic, comedian Ben Price will have you thinking you are talking to the real deal as he rolls through his perfectly polished repertoire of impersonations.
Since competing in the Grand Final of the 2011 season of Australia's Got Talent, Ben has become a highly sought-after comedian, heard around the country on various FM stations. His recent one-man show, Ben Price in Celebrities Got Talent sold out every performance and he had the honour of taking on the persona of Bear Grylls as the face (and voice) of the Caravan and Camping Show's media campaign.
Ben discovered his talent for impersonating voices at the age of 10, and used his unique talent to entertain classmates and pull pranks. Since growing up (well kind of!) He has developed an impressive repertoire of over 100 character voices, including Dr Phil, Liam Neeson, Robert DeNiro, Morgan Freeman, Sir Sean Connery, Australian PM Kevin Rudd, John Cleese, Barack Obama, Tom Cruise, Donkey, Shrek, Homer Simpson and many more. His impersonations are exact in sound, and in full costume and make-up, Ben can also look the part, mimicking his subject's exact mannerisms.
Ben has performed several times in the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, with sell-out shows in 2000 with Melbourne the Musical, 2001 with Who Am I? and 2003 with The Best Show Ever. In 2006 he performed the hugely successful Hollywood Live & Uncut at The Palms at Crown and in 2007 he had sellout shows performing as Dr. Phil in What Were You Thinking? This was followed by a successful regional tour throughout Victoria. He's appeared on Channel Nine's A Current Affair as Dr. Phil, The Comedy Channel on Foxtel and on Channel Ten's The Panel Christmas Wrap as Ian Thorpe. Ben has also appeared on The Footy Show, The Sunday Footy Show, Rex Hunt's Footy Panel, The Today Show, The AXA Grand Final Breakfast, Live n' Kicking, In the Limelight and The Good Friday Appeal.
Ben is highly sought-after for corporate appearances worldwide, with corporate clients including Telstra, AMP, Commonwealth Bank, Mercedes Benz, Mobil, Foxtel, Bendigo Bank, Realestate.com.au, McDonald's, Sony Ericcson, Microsoft, BT, Tourism Australia, Cadbury and many more.
Ben Price has made appearances in TV commercials for such brands as Toyota, Holden, Just Klapp, Just Jeans and the Victorian Caravan and Camping Show. His many character voices have also been used for several radio campaigns.
Ben Price is a national talent at an international level, having performed overseas on many occasions, most recently wrapping up a comedy tour of New York at Dangerfield's Comedy Club.
Ben's material is clean and can adapt to any organisation or event. He is a versatile talent who can appear in character if requested, or perform MC work as himself, while incorporating many characters into a routine.
With so much experience in the corporate sector and circuit work, and with so many characters, it's no wonder Ben Price is known as Australia's best impersonator!
Client Comments for Ben Price
- At first as we came around the corner we actually thought it was Matt Preston standing there. The makeup, voice, gestures were all so spot on! Matt... I mean Ben... would have no problems fooling a crowd that he was there as a special guest judge at any conference. We've now seen Ben as Dr Phil, Borat (a personal favourite), Arnie and now Matt Preston and it still amazes us how he is the one person under all of these terrific characters!
Professionals Real Estate
- Spoke very well, and related to our audience.
Paccar Australia Pty Ltd
- Ben was one of the best MCs we have had throughout the six years I have been organizing conferences for Professionals Real Estate. He is funny, witty, has many characters to offer throughout the longer events which keep the audience entertained and brings a relaxed approach to an atmosphere that can often be frantic and stressful. I have received so many comments from our delegates post conference stating that Ben has been our best MC yet, questions on his availability to come visit their offices and just straight out - where can they get Ben's details. One very important MC characteristic that our attendees tend to base their decision on is the ability for the MC to mingle with guests and really be part of the conference. This is something that Ben does extremely well. Believe me, you will not be disappointed when hiring Borat, Arnie, Dr Phil or even just Ben Price himself.
Professionals Real Estate
- Our Excellence Awards went very well and Ben was great, very professional and accommodating. We had excellent feedback. His MC role was very well received as was his 20 min performance. Ben's witty and light humour thrown in between the awards presentations kept the guests laughing and entertained.
- Ben Price was great, he spent time with our guests. He went over his time and had no issues with staying longer.
- He was fantastic. The audience were really engaged and seemed to enjoy the performance, and afterwards, he had a bit of a groupie thing happening.
Pharmatel Fresenius Kabi
- Ben has an amazing ability to capture the essence of a character; how a person looks, talks, walks and feels. He could probably even reproduce how they smell, but that would probably cost extra. Ben doesn't just impersonate someone, he inhabits them.
Tom Gleisner (The Panel, Thank God You're Here)
- He came in as a bumbling English Nurseryman with an innovative idea for tracking plants - confused the life out of the professionals in the industry. He even managed to get them asking questions before revealing his true identity - which one would that be? He has his characters down to perfection - turn around and you wouldn't know you were listening to an impersonator. He was great fun. Excellent!
Nursery Garden and Industry of Victoria
- Thank you so much for making our Christmas Luncheon this year a special one. Your show was absolutely brilliant and everyone of our customers that I have spoken to have said how much they enjoyed your impersonations and jokes (my cheek muscles were aching afterwards!). I've no doubt you are Australia's best impersonator and we would highly recommend you to anyone looking for similar professional corporate entertainment.
Bistech Pty Ltd
- We've found a replacement for the Channel 9 Sports Department... Ben can do them all!
Triple M Radio Melbourne
- Ben had us all totally fooled as a gardening expert. The Scottish character was done to a tee. Very funny indeed!
- Master of Ceremonies - Ben focused on three characters, The Mask, The Terminator and Jack Nicholson, all of whom were convincingly performed.
Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
- Ben Prices Master of Ceremonies was a very talented, professional entertainer, with great impersonations, lots of humour and stories.
Fairfax Community Newspapers
- ... convincing impersonations of Steve Bracks and Jeff Kennett... the audience howled with laughter throughout.
- Olympics Opening Ceremony, Ben's impersonation of the Prime Minister John Howard was witty and delightful. This set the scene for an exciting night of entertainment.
- Ben Price was excellent especially Arnie! Excellent cross section and variety of entertainment.
- Absolutely sensational! Everyone had a fabulous evening and would recommend Ben for any event if they are looking for the 'wow' factor.
Gold 104.3 FM
- Ben Price was fantastic to work with. He was hilarious, entertaining & good fun. He took the time to understand his clients and that was evidenced in his performance.
BT Financial Group
- An excellent all round performance with great impersonations and comedy. Ben's interaction with the group was a feature of his performance.
- Ben's impersonation of John Cleese is very good and his voice is spot on. It was a pleasure working with him over the last few weeks.
Tobin Brothers Funerals
- Ben was extremely well prepared and I was very impressed at the way he did his homework. Ben was very personable and by the time our function came around and got to meet him it felt like we were old friends.
Heidelberg New Zealand
- Ben was extremely well prepared & I was very impressed at the way he did his homework. He was very personable and by the time our function came around & got to meet him it felt like we were old friends.
Heidleberg New Zealand
- Ben Price was fantastic, working our audience. The amount of people he impersonated in a small amount of time was excellent and very funny.
- Ben's approach was great, he fitted some tailored material into his presentation and was good value as company over dinner. Tim Tam was a crackup. I would recommend him highly.
Goulburn Valley Water
- Very enjoyable, plan on seeing him perform at the Comedy Festival.
"I was very happy with the service that we received - thank you!"
Subscribe to our newsletter