It was sex that made Bettina Arndt famous. As one of Australia's first sex therapists, Bettina spent her early career writing about sex and talking on television and radio. She went on to become a leading social commentator through her writing and work on government advisory committees.
Her international best-seller, The Sex Diaries, uncovered the night-time drama played out in bedrooms everywhere - she dreads the hand creeping over, he spends his life grovelling for sex. The Sex Diaries was based on fascinating research involving 98 couples writing diaries about how they negotiate their sex supply.
Her latest book, What Men Want - in bed was also based on diaries, with 150 men writing about why sex matters so much to them. Their painfully honest, confronting, often hilarious stories explain their quest for sexual adventure, their secret delights, the thrill of giving pleasure, why some men turn to pornography and men's delight in the Viagra revolution. With every second man over fifty dealing with erection problems, Bettina offers advice on the new treatments giving men a new lease of sexual life.
Bettina is busy with another big year of speaking events, following her many exciting engagements last year, including at the Happiness Conference with His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Her latest venture - The Dating Project on Wendy Harmer's thehoopla.com.au - is proving a great success. She's giving advice to the three women embarking on their exciting journey into internet dating. Having heard from many women who are following the girls' adventures but too nervous to get started, she's now offering a personal dating coaching - to help beginners - men and women - to get into the swing of things and those struggling unsuccessfully with the dating process to revamp their profiles and increase their chances.
Client Comments for Bettina Arndt
Bettina Arndt travels from AustraliaAustralia
- When we ran the first annual conference for the Australian Lifestyle Medicine Association in March, we had a good turn up for the conference, but not much response for our first dinner. We decided to get Bettina as the after dinner speaker. From our first notice of this we tripled the numbers. Bettina was a real draw-card. And she certainly delivered. Her talk was funny, but with a serious note. A great speaker and a topic well presented.
Prof. Gary Egger, Aus. Lifestyle Medicine Ass.
- The National Bus Industry Conference was our biggest yet. Bettina's involvement not only attracted people to attend the Conference but was a key drawcard on the day and provided a welcome humorous but serious presentation on a subject everyone could relate to - SEX. A great way to start the day.
Bus Industry Confederation
- Bettina is obliging, funny, informative and relevant. She was a wonderful way to end an otherwise fairly scientific day.
The Nutrition Society of Australia
- Bettina was a keynote speaker at the 2009 University of Western Australia's Extension Summer School Programme. She attracted a large audience who were riveted throughout her session as she entertained and enlightened them with fascinating material from her new book. It was a most informative, often extremely funny talk that created a real buzz.
The University of Western Australia
- Bettina Arndt was the after-dinner speaker at a weekend conference designed primarily for specialists from geriatrics, psychogeriatrics and neurologists. Despite a full day of lectures and workshops, the audience of over 150 doctors and others were engrossed. Bettina was engaging, amusing, informative and knowledgeable. Strongly recommended.
Professor Henry Brodaty, Prince of Wales Hospital
- Wow, what a presentation! Bettina is a very funny lady. She delivered an inspirational and entertaining session - she had everyone in "stitches"! We were only sorry time ran out. Renditions of her talk still pop up.
Community CPS Australia
- Bettina's vibrant, funny, no-nonsense approach had the audience in fits of laughter. It is obvious that Bettina is not only comfortable talking in front of a large audience but enjoys it at the same time. Bettina's talk contributed immensely to the success of the day, first of all delivering an entertaining, thought-provoking talk and secondly by leaving the audience positive, happy and receptive to the following speakers.
Combined Rural Traders
- On behalf of the organisers, I would like to thank you for your wonderful contribution to our combined patient care meeting, which was particularly well received. Your address struck just the right note and I admired the way you handled a not so easy audience!
Peninsula Endoscopy Centre Pty Ltd
- How Men Can Save Their Marriages
- How Sex Taught Me To Think Like A Man
- Sperm Wars
- The Marriage Market
- What Women Want
- Why Fatherhood Has Become A Risky Business
"Carol Pedersen is a very nice person to speak to. She is warm and approachable and makes you feel like a top client even if it is the first time we have used Saxton."
Australian Pharmaceutical Publishing Company Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter