Bob Ansett was born in Australia but spent his formative years in the United States. His story has been well documented in his three best-selling books, Bob Ansett, An Autobiography, The Customer and The Meaning Of Success.
Bob Ansett founded the Budget Rent A Car System in 1965 and in doing so developed a unique organisation that grew from a small two-person business to a dynamic enterprise employing over 3000 people trading in 20 countries with annual turnover exceeding $400 million.
A trendsetter in employee relations, Budget was one of the first companies to introduce health and fitness programmes for its employees; its innovative marketing and customer service excellence was recognised worldwide.
Dubbed 'the entrepreneur's entrepreneur' by BRW magazine for the development of a truly remarkable business and for expanding the ways in which business was conducted in this country at that time, Bob Ansett left Budget in 1990, establishing Bob Ansett Marketing to manage his speaking engagements and provide consulting services in the field of customer service.
Bob Ansett is presently a director of BSR (Betta Home Living) and has been President of the Melbourne Chamber of Commerce, founder and inaugural President of the Australian Customer Service Association, Chairman of the Federal Government's Trade Negotiations Advisory Group and, for 13 years, the President of the North Melbourne Football Club.
Client Comments for Bob Ansett
Bob Ansett travels from Queensland Australia
- Bob Ansett's presence has certainly created a great deal of discussion and the value of his presentation will, I'm sure, be felt for a long time to come
The Norwich Group
- It was a (predictably) fabulous address, and certainly refreshing for somebody to use the forum to challenge the advertising industry that packages everything professionally except itself
- Bob adapted his delivery to suit the group, which was WMC, and the overall Saturday session. A very special and honest discussion which has stayed with individuals throughout the course.
- Your addresses on managing change and using your best sales tool - your team to develop a culture of customer satisfaction were enlightening and informative and according to our survey were ranked the most relevent presentations for our delegates
Marine Industry Association
- Our company is buzzing with excitement after you shared your experiences and philosophies with us. Even now your "Can Do" motto is still as powerful as the day you discovered it. I am constantly hearing our employees say "Can Do" when they are faced with a situation that is difficult or out of the ordinary.
Uniline Australia Limited
- Feedback was extremely positive and some delegates have asked for your details to make a booking for him in the future. Bob was extremely relaxed and easy going with all arrangements – a delight to deal with.
- Customer Service
"From the beginning of the process through to the end, the customer service has been of a high standard and both Tamie and Nina were great to deal with."
SA Power Networks
Subscribe to our newsletter