When Bobby landed in Australia in 1994 after over 20 years traversing several vectors of the entertainment industry - from co-writing of one of Hollywood's biggest genre hits to creating the first outside opportunities for licensing with the Walt Disney Company - Bobby Galinsky instantly saw Australia as the 'next Hollywood' and domain of the future for the entertainment industry.
Born in 1953, and raised in the cornfields of America's 'Field of Dreams' in the Midwest, Bobby graduated high school and headed west to the snowy mountains of Colorado to major in Journalism and Communications at the University of Colorado in Boulder. A short-term venture at the Denver Post newspaper led to an advertising job with DDB advertising in Los Angeles, where the beaches of California lured him in and he doubled as both a copywriter and account executive.
The young scion of the family was eventually drawn back to Iowa to head up the Sales and Marketing of the evolving century old family business and in less than 48 months he turned it around to double sales from $12m to over $25m in a recession market. He began to feel that this lifestyle was quelling his entertainment industry dream and he did not want to spend the rest of his life in Iowa.
He then returned to LA for close to a decade in various roles from screenwriting, to film marketing and distribution, including time at Disney where he became co-creator of the only aggregate private Walt Disney Consumer Products license in North America. He later introduced that successfully to Australia in 1994 with a firm that transformed the way licensed toys were sold in Australia. The distribution and licensing system was instrumental in paving the way for the new retail market through petrol convenience stores, which were in their infancy in those days but now dominate the Australian retail landscape.
Before that, however, Bobby collaborated on highly successful Hollywood feature films, TV series, and live presentations in the US, Canada, and the UK, after being mentored by screenwriting guru John Truby and by the late Hollywood legend, Academy Award nominee and two time Emmy nominee Lawrence Heath.
Bobby's screen writing skills, business experience, producing and mentoring expertise were a rare combination when he arrived in Sydney in 1994 and then moved to his permanent home in Melbourne where he now resides with his wife.
His film Dust and Glory is currently one of the largest privately-funded films in development in Australia and has attached blockbuster director Simon West (Con Air, Lara Croft Tomb Raider). Bobby also has over a dozen projects on the go including The Bodhi Tree movie, which is a major adventure drama chronicling the biggest fraud committed by a lawyer in Australia and his subsequent murder, along with the collateral damage of a young Brisbane couple kidnapped and tortured in Laos before being freed by the efforts of former Foreign Minister Alexander Downer who is now High Commissioner to the UK and has just come aboard as an advisor on the film.
Bobby Galinsky is helping bring the dream to a reality to thousands of industry veterans and novices across Australia, the UK, and USA. Bobby's coaching and mentoring programs have enabled Australians to cement their careers as writers, actors, directors and producers by utilising USA-style private enterprise to turn their dreams into reality. This is a major shift and evolution away from the practice of decades of government funded assistance that is quickly going the way of the steam engine and other anachronisms.
From 45-minute laser-sharp personal events to nine-hour all-day intensive trainings, Bobby's key is the transformation of ‘re-thinking and re-processing your own life' so that you never look at your own personal experiences, failures or successes the same way again.
Inspirational, motivational and eternally hopeful in a world often focused on negativity, Bobby shows men and women, children and adults how to have 'a fantastic capability to allow them to crash and burn, because failure is the best teacher the Universe can provide'. Bobby’s own stories, trials and tribulations are the stuff of legenda not because of what went wrong, but what went right when he analysed and embraced the lessons.
Witty, incisive, reflective, comedic, and emotional - Bobby Galinsky will share with you ways to turn your life into your own personal BLOCKBUSTER.
What separates him from the rest is that rare combination of experience in so many facets of life, and triumph over adversity and his 'never look down ethos' that endears him to audiences ranging from Boardroom Professionals of all age and persuasion to the average 'man or woman on the street'.
Bobby produced the feature film The Bodhi Tree, a true story about murdered Australian lawyer Max Green.
Client Comments for Robert Galinsky
- Bobby stands out from the crowd, because he dares to be different, digs deeper, this is what sets him out from the pack. His passion is infectious and he really knows how to channel into you to make you a better version of you. His facilitation with us was unique and a breath of fresh air. Having coordinated various team events throughout my career I was always looking for that person who could take us to that next level of thinking, Bobby was exactly what we needed he truly is an inspirational man who is deeply passionate about personal development. I cannot recommend him enough.
- Mr Robert Galinsky is an uplifting and inspiring presenter. His passionate and professional approach ignites audiences to take immediate acting in achieving their creative goals. While entertaining with intelligence and humor, Mr. Galinsky is genuinely interested in helping and informing others. He connects with audiences at a deep level and leaves lasting impressions, encouraging every one of us to live the life we desire. Mr Galinsky is the most remarkable speaker I've ever had the privilege of meeting.
Emily D Productions
- Having studied organisational studies at universities, being in corporative life for 30 years and have seen a stream of the 'newest' management techniques, I can say that Bobby's approach and perspective is uniquely refreshing and uplifting. There are so many convergence points between film making and banking and so many lessons to be learned. My team enjoyed enormously the day with Bobby and using his analogies, it provided us with a platform to become a 'star' performer. One note of caution: Bobby's content is not suitable for people with narrow mind sets, it could cause permanent damage...
GTSO ANZ Banking Group
- GRADUALLY…and then SUDDENLY: How You Become the Hero or Anti Hero of Your Own Life
- EMBRACING FAILURE: Failure is Not a Corporate Death Sentence, and Punishing Failure Leads to Mediocrity
- What You Don't Know That You Don't Know...
GRADUALLY…and then SUDDENLY: How You Become the Hero or Anti Hero of Your Own Life
Are you the leading man or woman in the movie of your own life? If not, why not? We have many chapters to our existence but at the end of this lifetime it will be compressed into one reel, and whether it’s a comedy or tragedy is completely up to you. You are the writer, director, producer, editor, and exhibitor of the most important film of all, and how you will be remembered will be dictated by how you perceive your existence amongst your friends, family, colleagues, employees, bosses and idols.
The most mystifying thing is why the explosion in the entertainment industry is directly related to how we perceive ourselves in today's society and the part we play in the movie of our lives.
Bobby’s presentation is a combination of NLP, Neuron and Quantum physics, comedy, spirituality, and the exploration of 'what you don't even know that you don’t even know' that will transport your function into a group of time travellers from people who 'used to believe it when they saw it' into people who now 'see it when they believe it, before the rest of the world can'.
EMBRACING FAILURE: Failure is Not a Corporate Death Sentence, and Punishing Failure Leads to Mediocrity
Why do we walk the tightrope avoiding failure? Failure is where we learn and some of the greatest discoveries and advancements of all time in science, industry, medicine, and engineering and the arts have appeared. A decade at the Walt Disney Company's various divisions taught Bobby Galinsky to have 'a massive tolerance for failure to encourage 'risk-taking'. This keeps creativity and excitement in your life and workplace and home and is one of the KEYS to success and happiness. Bobby will explain the details and how to turn your mindset around to thinking about possibility, rather than outcome.
What You Don't Know That You Don't Know...
Most of us operate in two areas: What we KNOW we know, and what we know we DON'T know. But it's that outside perimeter, of what we DON'T know that we DON'T know where the edge of the possible exists. In finance, business, engineering, medicine, and the arts, it's going to where you have no idea what will happen and EMBRACING the area 'off the map and not on your GPS of life' where excellent exists. And without excellence, there is only mediocrity which is a fate worse than death for life and for business.
"From the beginning of the process through to the end, the customer service has been of a high standard and both Tamie and Nina were great to deal with."
SA Power Networks
Subscribe to our newsletter