Brett is an award-winning journalist and news presenter at the Nine Network, who’s covered many major news stories in Australia and overseas.
Graduating in media at RMIT, Brett started in the newsroom at 3AW in 1983. He rose to become News Director and presenter of the Drive program before moving into television in 2000. Shortly after joining Nine, Brett was appointed Europe correspondent. He covered many of the major stories this century, including reporting from Baghdad during the US invasion of Iraq, coming under fire during the 2010 Red Shirt protests in Bangkok, reporting live from Kinglake after Black Saturday and was one of the first Australian journalists into Aceh after the 2004 tsunami. He’s also filed from conflict zones including Afghanistan, Beirut and East Timor.
As well as Nine News, Brett has filed for CNN, SKY News, and radio stations across Australia and internationally.
Brett had a break from journalism in the mid 90’s, his radio group Danger: Low Brow reaching #1 in the breakfast timeslot on Melbourne’s FOX-FM.
He continues to present and report for Nine News bulletins. He is also an Ambassador for Australia Day, Neighbourhood Watch and Prostate Cancer Research Australia, as well as a Fellow of the Dart Foundation.
Client Comments for Brett McLeod
- Very well prepared and researched. We were completely at ease having Brett as our MC
The CEO Institute
- Matthews Steer Chartered Accountants have engaged Brett McLeod as MC for our events for many years and we have always been thrilled with his professionalism and skill as a presenter and journalist. Brett's ability to engage with and command the attention of the room is second to none and his effortless and relaxed style creates an atmosphere which puts everyone at ease. As the Marketing Manager of Matthews Steer Chartered Accountants, my job has been made so much easier knowing that I can rely on Brett's professionalism and enthusiastic approach and that his thorough and diligent preparation every time will result in a great event. Brett brings a calm, yet powerful presence to every event and is an absolute pleasure to work with - I would highly recommend him to anyone wishing to utilise his unsurpassed skills as a presenter and MC.
Matthews Steer Chartered Accountants
- Brett's long and distinguished career across radio and television has allowed him to build up a war chest of stories and anecdotes. From dealing with dictators on a world stage to local celebrities, Brett held the audience captivated from his first word to his last.
Press Secretary to the Leader of the Opposition, Hon. Daniel Andrews MP
- Brett McLeod was a big hit at our recent event, having delivered a highly entertaining, engaging and poignant after-dinner presentation to our Delegates, Executive and staff.
It could be said that Brett achieved the impossible - After all, here was a Journalist who managed to impress a large group of world-weary police officers!
But impress them he did, and he did it with aplomb with his trademark charm and relaxed, easy-going style.
We would highly recommend any organisation to strongly consider Brett as an after-dinner speaker and/or MC at their next event.
Communications Manager, The Police Association Victoria
- Mainstream vs Social Media: Is MSM dead?
- Men's Health: My journey with prostate cancer
- Reporting From the Front Line: Life in war zones and disasters
- The Journey with Politicians: From John Cain to Saddam Hussein
- Trade Tips for Interviewing
"Excellent as always, Nancy is always professional and delivers."
FAST (Finance & Systems Technology Pty Ltd)
Subscribe to our newsletter