Brett Rutledge is one of the most skilled and versatile communicators in the southern hemisphere and heavily in demand as a dynamic business speaker, facilitator and coach.
In 1998 Brett became the youngest World Champion of Public Speaking at only 28 years of age and one of only 5 outside North America. Not only have other World Champions sought Brett out for advice and coaching to assist them in their own aspirations but many use Brett as an example of a truly gifted communicator who is both different and genuine. As one of Brett's multinational clients put it: 'He just knows his stuff so well and his ability to read people and situations and take the room to where they need to go is just awesome!'
Impressive though it might be, the World Championship is just a small part of Brett’s experience. As an academic he has degrees and awards in marketing, commercial law, management and labour relations. As an entrepreneur he had established a successful commercial enterprise at the age of 18 and within two years was employing more than ten people. And as a businessman, he has a wealth of experience in senior consultancy roles specialising in human resources, strategic marketing and organisational culture that culminated in a general management role at age 26.
As a communicator, Brett's abilities are so honed and nuanced that he can change his voice and his approach in over 150 different ways. Accents, age and even personalities can all be mimicked or impersonated with the sort of speed most of us reserve for normal, everyday conversation.
Brett Rutledge is an utterly unique talent whose rare ability as a mimic, world beating performance, practical business knowledge and powerful delivery are guaranteed to both entertain and inform. More than that, as the 'Champion's Champion', Brett Rutledge is widely regarded as one of the most skilled and dynamic communicators of his generation!
Client Comments for Brett Rutledge
Brett Rutledge travels from Victoria Australia
- Excellent MC, very professional and very well received by the audience. A pleasure to work with.
Department of Health
- We were very pleased with the success of the evening and there is no doubt you were a hit with the audience. Your M.C. work and guest speaker slot were excellent and we particularly appreciated the way that you circulated amongst the crowd after the ceremonies.
NZ Gift Trade Association
- Far exceeding our expectations Brett spent many hours prior to the function studying the program, sponsors and audience to ensure his approach was highly entertaining and appropriate.
Gesundheit Design Marketing
- We all thoroughly enjoyed your talented mimicry and superbly crafted speech which reflected the many hours of preparation and research put in, thus providing excellent entertainment and humour on our special occasion.
Pharmaco (NZ) Limited
- The feedback was excellent. Brett responded brilliantly to our needs and was not only very professional but also very good on his feet. Our people related well to the four key points he presented and especially enjoyed the laughs and the opportunity to hear one of New Zealands' best speakers.
National Mutual Financial Services
- Just wanted to say thank you for joining us on Friday at Federation Square. The feedback has all been very positive, with many ranking you among the best speakers we have ever had.
- A very talented performer who can tailor his repertoire around your needs. Our guests loved the performance and have told us we have set a precedent to beat next year. Thanks Brett!
- Brett was an absolute pleasure to work with, a true professional with a unique mix of entertainment skills as well as business knowledge that kept my delegates both laughing and informed throughout the whole 3 days and nights.
Self Storage Association of Australasia
- Brett's experience and advice were highly valued and he played the role we required, i.e. MC, very well.
State Procurement Board
- We have started receiving evaluations from the AMP Annual Convention and the feedback on Brett is unanimously saying: "Bring him back next year!"
Australian Business Theatre
- We couldn't have had a better MC. An MC who can entertain, yet have a complete grasp on issues from economic management to media exposure is extremely rare.
Nursery & Garden Industry Victoria
- Amazing!! Brett brought the conference sessions to life. He is so professional and approachable, and just knows his stuff so well. The Chairman's Dinner was first class and his ability to read people and situations and take the room where they need to go was awesome!
- Your address was humorous and inspirational and I cannot imagine a better end to our annual Distribution Conference Awards Night.
- Brett Rutledge was the star of the show. His delivery and timing were excellent, his jokes just right for the audience and his impersonations flawless.
Motor Trades Association
- A very, very funny man!
- AHRI will continue to engage Brett as he is a perfect fit for our organisation and consistently receives outstanding feedback.
Australian Human Resources Institute
"Very professional and seamless service."
The Australian Institute of Building
Subscribe to our newsletter