Bryan Dawe is one of Australia's finest political satirists. He has enjoyed a long, successful career writing and performing on national radio, television and film.
Best-known for his work with John Clarke on the ABC's 7.30 Report where they prick the balloons of the nation's alleged political leaders. Bryan was also a cast member and writer of the critically acclaimed and highly successful spoof of the Sydney Olympics, the ABC TV series The Games.
His film credits include the Australia hit comedy The Castle, The Honorable Wally Norman, and Paul Cox's Lust and Revenge.
For many years, Bryan has been writing and performing two much loved satirical characters on ABC Radio: Sir Murray Rivers QC and Roly Parks with his Letter from Kalangadoo.
Another facet of his many talents include his luminous, avante-garde photography. His first exhibition, 'Imperfect Illusions' was held in Melbourne in 2005 and was followed in Sydney and Canberra in 2006. His current touring exhibition 'Interval' was shown at Monash Gallery of Art at Wheelers Hill in Victoria in February and has shown in Canberra and Sydney very recently.
As Chair and co-founder of Common Fate, Bryan is a very public supporter and promoter of the work of senior indigenous leader, Pat Dodson.
Bryan's sharp wit and observation together with his flexibility and unique performances make him a popular addition to any corporate event.
His obvious talent lends itself to MC, facilitator, hypothetical moderator, conference speaker and after dinner entertainer.
Client Comments for Bryan Dawe
Bryan Dawe travels from Victoria Australia
- I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation, and your characterisations obviously
going to be the most popular on the conference. Bunnings senior staff had no
idea the character was not real. All enjoyed it enormously.
Bunnings Bangkok Capers Conference
- Bryan's Sir Murray Rivers QC act was just as funny as the first time I saw it. He was very well received by the guests at the 2007 CMC Chamber Mayoral Ball in Hervey Bay.
Civil Mining and Construction
- Bryan was excellent and the feedback received has been positive, with delegates very much enjoying the opportunity for a great laugh amongst a very intensive two-day educational program.
Queensland Law Society
- Bryan was fantastic and really hit the right note with the audience. He tapped into the upcoming federal election extremely well and also engaged with the audience. The feedback forms we have received suggest it was a very successful evening for all.
Society of Consumer Affairs & Professionals
- He was lovely to deal with and provided great comic relief. The audience thought he was great.
The Meeting Planners
- Bryan is a fabulous performer, and knows and loves rural Victoria - so perfect for the journalist awards event. He is friends with some of the journos, so that adds another personal element.
Rural Press Club of Victoria Journalism Awards
- Obviously, very professional. Brian is a really nice person, and did not make any unnecessary demands, and was very down to earth and easy to deal with.
Wentworth Shire Library
- Bryan was fantastic - a perfect way to end our breakfast function. People were talking about his performance all day!
Boating Industry Association of Victoria
- Bryan was a delight, not only to the audience but also in his dealings with myself before the event began. Professional, very approachable, had the audience captivated and in fits of laughter. Contents of performance from wording, dress, makeup and approach to the crowd could not be faulted. Wonderful that he took the time to meet our Chairman and CEO before the performance and mingled with the crowd afterwards. Can not speak highly enough.
Glenelg Hopkins Catchment Management Authority
- The gift of your brilliance and wit was wonderful & your contribution was the highlight of the evening. The pace and sharpness of your wit and observations left everyone breathless from laughter and longing for more.
Cystic Fibrosis Association of Victoria
- Bryan chose an applicable subject "Change" and thoroughly entertained the audience after a lengthy weekend. He mixed with the audience afterwards, which conference participants enjoyed
- I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation, and your characterisations obviously going to be the most popular on the conference. Bunnings senior staff had no idea the character was not real. All enjoyed it enormously.
Bunnings Bangkok Capers Conference
- Excellent preparation and presentation, with a thorough grasp of complex issues. He was much appreciated.
Law Institute of Victoria
- Bryan judged his audience, and consequently his material, perfectly. His performance was frequently interrupted by audience applause. An outstanding comic actor at the height of his profession.
Jenny Macklin, Federal Member for Jagajaga
- Bryan's relaxed manner and easy style of entertainment hit the right note with information - overloaded Conference delegates. A pleasure to deal with.
- Highly professional performance, kept the audience laughing even after the performance was over.
Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Bryan Dawe was excellent, the crowd loved him and he had them eating from the palm of his hand.
Maroondah City Council
- Bryan was more than excellent; he was absolutely brilliant. Our delegates were still talking about his performance the next day and how much they had enjoyed it.
Credit Union Services Corporation
- We are very happy with Bryan Dawe, his professionalism and approach, and his friendly and accommodating manner with staff.
State Library of SA
- Brian's performance was top class, Sir Murray Rivers red carded the Mayor !
Brian is a very talented and funny man ! It was a pleasure to have Brian and Sir Murray at the World Environment Day Dinner and we hope in the future he will come again.
City of Greater Geelong
- Bryan Dawe, the answers on all counts are 'Excellent'.
Office of Seniors Interests
- Bryan's presentation had broad appeal and his material was current and very relevant for our audience.
Australian Institute of Company Directors
- A very passionate and compassionate speaker with an excellent audience rapport.
Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival
- It was a pleasure to have Bryan speak at our very important golf day last week. The feedback I have received was excellent, all of our guests really enjoyed his talk.
- He was very topical and our guests enjoyed Bryan both as Sir Murray Rivers and as himself.
Mitsui & Co
- Bryan was fabulous, lively, topical, funny and clever. His "standard" presentation was very well received by a very diverse business audience; from small owner operated businesses to the "big end of town" institutions. He kept them all totally engaged, particularly when ripping into a couple of local issues.
He was a pleasure to deal with; no unreasonable prima donna requests, just polite, flexible and very engaging.
Launceston Chamber of Commerce
- A masterful performance... The evening was enjoyed by all, with lots of comments on the skill and humour of Bryan.
- Very helpful, very amusing and very generous with his time. Sir Murray Rivers is a lot of fun and appropriate for all audiences I think. Our function was to a number of senior managers in construction companies and all have commented very favourably on our function, with special mention for Brian.
- Highly entertaining and kept the attention of 375 people.
Australian Industrial Relations Commission
- Very funny.
Australian Taxation Office
- Brian was fantastic, his performance as Sir Murray Rivers was hilarious and very witty! Brian was extremely professional and lovely to work with. We would most definitely work with him again.
- It was a pleasure to have Bryan Dawe as our keynote speaker on the evening of the Conference Dinner - he was excellent - very satirical, funny, with many guests describing him as brilliant!
Australian Association Angel Investors Ltd
"Carol Pederson was amazing in securing Margie Warrell to speak for WiRV. Her service was exceptional. She was always responsive to any requests we had. I would love to work with Carol and Margie again."
Subscribe to our newsletter