Catherine De Vrye develops ideas, delights audiences and delivers results.
Combining Gen Y energy with baby boomer experience and wisdom, Catherine has the 'street cred' to deliver the results you want at your next conference.
Always customised to your theme, Catherine's down to earth and delightfully humorous style is thought provoking yet practical and her content has earned repeat bookings on five continents.
Twice voted Australian Keynote Speaker of the Year in 1999 and 2010, Catherine is an entertaining communicator with proven international management experience in the private and public sectors-as both a female corporate executive and small business owner. She now speaks globally on customer service, change and turning obstacles to opportunities, through resilience.
Catherine is a best-selling author of eight books and past winner of the Australian Executive Woman of the Year Award. Her memoir, Who Says I Can't? was released by Random House and nominated for the National Biography Award. On the cover Bryce Courtenay calls it a 'story of hope and perseverance', asking 'when's the movie?' Other best-sellers, translated into over a dozen languages, include Hot Lemon and Honey - Reflections For Success in Times of Change (endorsed by Sir Edmund Hillary), Hope Happens! Words of Encouragement for Tough Times, The Customer Service Zoo and Good Service is Good Business, a #1 best-seller in Australia and Taiwan. Her most recent, endorsed by Dr Edward DeBono, is Paperclips Don't Grow on Trees - Add value not cost to your bottom line.
A former IBM executive, Catherine held roles in sales, marketing, communication and leadership development, spending two years in Tokyo as Asia Pacific Headquarters Human Resource Manager. Once responsible for IBM incentive events and leadership programs, she vowed to not only deliver an entertaining and educational motivational message from stage but to be authentic and easy to work with off the platform. Thousands of testimonials from delighted clients prove she has achieved that.
Always in search of adventure and new material, she has cycled over the Andes, trekked to Timbuktu, beyond Everest Base Camp and was given the honour of carrying the Olympic Torch on the day of the opening ceremonies of the Sydney 2000 Olympics. A cancer survivor, she also has an inspirational, heart-warming story of her personal journey from an orphanage in Canada, which she sometimes shares depending on your brief.
Catherine is also an Australia Day ambassador, featured in Who's Who of Australian Women, a former board member of the third largest police service in the world, past CEO of Young/Junior Achievement Australia, as well as working for Ministers of Consumer Affairs, Education and Sport, where she was involved in the establishment of the Life: Be In It fitness campaign.
She holds a Master of Science degree and has attended short courses at Harvard University and Melbourne Mt Eliza Business School... but believes the best education is common sense! She touches the head and heart to encourage action and better 'buy-in' to key management messages.
Clients include American Express, AT & T, Australian Tourism, Austrade, Bankwest, Coca-Cola, Domino’s Pizza, KPMG, Hewlett Packard, IBM 3M, Local Government, Mercedes, Neways, Qantas, Red Cross, Remax, Royal Australian Airforce, School Principals, TAFE, World Triathlon Championships...
Her versatility, experience and commitment to quality will act as a catalyst to maximise organisational and individual potential, and contribute to the success of your next event.
Real content, real fun, real life!
Client Comments for Catherine DeVrye
- Comments included...
- Catherine was just fabulous on our campus and impressed the complete scene of our international executives... full of inspiration and a great deal of laughter too.
- You were a resounding success at IMD.
- Brilliant! You knocked it out of ballpark.
IMD (International Management Development), Lausanne, Switerzland
- Catherine was informative, entertaining and thought provoking. She took care to ensure that she was well briefed and listened to our needs and expectations. The whole experience from booking to debriefing was enjoyable and satisfying.
- I have just completed our conference evaluation summary and have some feedback for you. Out of the 189 evaluation forms that were completed you scored a 4.82/5. A number of respondents even gave you a 6 so you can rest assured that your presentation was a great success.
Some of the comments included...
- 'Catherine was the highlight of the day';
- 'Catherine is an excellent speaker with a great message';
- 'Catherine's talk was both motivational and exceptional';
- 'Catherine was brilliant! She gave me ideas about how to promote change within the organisation I work';
- 'Catherine delivered an excellent presentation';
- 'The credibility of the speakers brings a lot to the conference. It's amazing to hear their insights and experience';
- 'The quality of presenters was excellent. All well prepared and very informative';
- 'Catherine was a fantastic speaker to end with'; and
- 'Catherine ended the conference well and ensured we were all awake.'
Thank you very much for your time and effort. You're a super star.
RiskCover Insurance Commission of WA
- Catherine was just great and her presentation was enjoyed by all.
Go Vita Distributers Limited
- Thank you so much for your thought-provoking presentation at our RMT Conference. You captured the minds of our senior executives and forced them to ponder the meaning of a customer service culture within our organisation. Your drive for exceeding expectations was well and truly met when you filled in for a speaker who was running late for his presentation later in the day. Not only did you engage an even bigger audience than your original presentation, you managed the last minute request with grace, flexibility and quick thinking. For that, in particular, I am most grateful. I hope you enjoyed the day as much as our attendees did, and I look forward to working with you again in the future.
- Easy to listen to, witty and very wise... kept audience riveted and wonderfully amused. The team still talks about lettuce which has become the catchphrase for removing the unnecessary from our business.
- Thank you for the tremendous contribution to our business and the participative culture we have developed. Part of our success is due to your involvement and I am most grateful.
- As soon as she appeared on stage she had everyone's full attention and captivated the entire audience until the very end... remarkable presenter who reinforced our key messages and delivers beyond the expected. Professional yet relaxed style. Excellent entertainer and also touches people's hearts!
- Participants enjoyed the session. But, even better, they felt what they learned would be useful in their own job situations.
Australian Institute of Management
- I have only received positive feedback and I felt that my objectives of being entertaining and educational were met and individuals all appear to have taken valuable elements with them.
- Dynamic presentation-content, style and enthusiasm were wonderfully in keeping with our philosophy and mission statement.
Baxter Health Care
- Feedback from customers was great - they all got a lot out of your talk.
- Stunning contribution! Exceeded all expectations that we could have dreamed of. My team was stunned by the way she took them on a journey unlike any other.
Brambles Industrial Services
- Came top in evaluations... best thing since sliced bread... had audience in the palm of her hand... great message, a joy to work with and wonderfully normal.
British Association of Removers
- Spoke to a mixed audience ranging from junior staff to senior executives... all walked away inspired.
Bunnings Building Supplies and Hardware
- Delivered more than I anticipated - an action packed presentation that had the audience in fits of laughter... and also managed to deliver a business message on change with real life examples.
- Presentation on hope and resilience in leadership, provided a personal story with lashings of good humour and helped set the tone for the conference. She wove the issues we spoke about at our teleconference into designing such an effective presentation
Catholic Principals Association
- Received a well-earned standing ovation from the 1,000+ audience... made my job easier.
- Took customer service to a completely new height. Thanks for accommodating our changes to the schedule and for such a dynamic wonderful presentation.
- Excellent... it was obvious she had researched our company... would use again.
Coca-Cola South Pacific
- As evaluations show, our investment in having her speak was money well spent-most favourable audience response from any speaker in the history of the event.
- Entertaining and pertinent... certainly gave us insights and tips for our strategy.
Department of Employment, Education and Training
- Played an important role in this year's direction... fantastic presentation... a waitress, a cook, a dishwasher, a CEO, an INSPIRATION.
- Gave our partner's conference a flying start and our client service objectives a great boost. Also great to have autographed books, as a handy reminder.
Ernst and Young
- Response from my team has been overwhelming. The commonsense messages and ideas delivered on teamwork, service, delivery and personal attitude really struck a chord with all.
- Ideal opening conference speaker - delivering with warmth, humour and relating to personal experience.
- Spoke to a team who had just seen the company downsized. Her research insured the message was targeted and in context. 12 months later the team still quote her.
Hodder Headline Publishing
- I didn't realise learning could be so much fun. Best presentation I've ever seen at IBM.
- Great entertainer as well as educator - worked well with audience.
- Amazing presentation! Messages really hit their target... a true inspiration who will continue to make a huge impact on many lives for years to come.
Invernell Business Awards
- The first time KPMG Singapore and Malaysia has ever given a standing ovation to any speaker since our inception in 1970s.
KPMG Singapore and Malaysia
- We had such a great response to the breakfast, the accolades continue from customers in the form of additional orders - which is terrific. We experienced record months.
- Feedback from advisers in the field has been nothing short of remarkable. Motivational session left many re-thinking the way they add value and provide service.
- Feedback from our staff has been excellent and beyond our expectations.
Merck Sharpe and Dohme
- We had an all time record year and I'm confident Catherine contributed to this.
- Able to motivate managers to achieve the best for themselves - and for us.
Michael Hill Jewellers
- Great - it's a relief to know her presentations are always so well received.
Melbourne Mt Eliza Business School
- Felt such energy after yesterday's session, I've already put some ideas into practice.
New Zealand Olympic Federation
- First time in 10 years that anyone received a standing ovation. Her plain speaking and terrific sense of humour was appreciated by a country crowd that can see through non genuine people.
- Great person to have as a last speaker - gave delegates the gift of high spirits to leave the conference.
- Enthusiastic and entertaining delivery enjoyed by all and promoted many ideas for improvements.
- Excellent... even the cynics thought she was terrific!
- It is indeed rare to find a guest speaker so in tune with our philosophies. It was an absolute joy to have a speaker of her calibre upholding our core beliefs.
Ray White Real Estate
- Thank you for doing such a good job and making me look good.
Retirement Village Association
- Her lecture was so inspiring that even now my students keep telling me about it.
Rikkyo University Business School Japan
- Feedback was amazing-the energy, enthusiasm and genuine care shared... women are pretty good at picking a fake and they could tell Catherine was the real deal.
Roads and Maritime Services
- I doubt that we could have progressed as far as we have, or as quickly, without her involvement.
Royal Australian Air Force
- Fantastic presentation... spot on the brief and captivated the audience.
- The audience truly appreciated her delivery and message - hit the ball out of the park.
Self Storage Association of America
- Inspiring address, finely honed for our profession, was the best opening keynote we could have had... highest rated session of entire conference.
Solus Medical Imaging
- The standing ovation at the end summed it up! Hip, hip hooray! We'll see you in India again.
The Seminar Company India (for I-Flex Solutions India)
- Motivational, uplifting and fun! Couldn't have had a more inspiring keynote speaker!
- She sowed the seed of change... the quality program developed from these beginnings will result in a 40-50% improvement in productivity.
Westpac Financial Services
- Inspiring messages, all providing motivation and direction.
World Triathlon Championships
- You certainly hit a chord with everyone and the standing ovation was both genuine and heart felt as our leaders were impressed. It was very evident that you had done your homework to ensure your presentation worked for your audience. We could not have been happier with the success. Your talks are both heart felt and inspirational which connects you with your audience... not everyone can do that.
- Conquer the Challenge of Change
- Create Customers for Life... and a Life for Yourself
- Detour to Dreams - Hope is not a Four Letter Word
- Eliminate Waste to Stimulate Value
- Empowered to Turn Obstacles to Opportunities
- Good Service is Good Business
- Many Customers - One Team
- Paperclips Don't Grow on Trees - Add Value not Cost
- Resilience - Don't Make Mountains out of Molehills
- Shift Happens - Thrive Through Change
- The Seven Most Expensive Words in Business are 'We Have Always Done it That Way'
- Timeless Wisdom for Success in Times of Change
- Victim or Victor of Change - Your Choice
"Fantastic as always. I have only had superior service at all times and I really can't think of any one thing I would improve."
Subscribe to our newsletter