As the Chairman of the Futures Foundation, the professional association for Australia's practicing futurists, Charles Brass is ideally placed to identify the forces and trends which are shaping Australia's future. He is also an active member of all major international futures organisations.
Charles is a regular commentator on the future in print and on radio and TV and speaks on creating the future (he has a particular interest in the future of work, money and community); on life-work balance (for which he prefers the term 'right livelihood'); on leadership and people management (in both corporate and community settings) and on other issues of contemporary importance (such as why just surviving in the world seems to be getting harder and harder for more and more people).
Charles has had five careers in his 50+ years - he has been a successful business entrepreneur, teacher & educator, multinational business director, community builder and visionary - and his presentations combine wisdom and practical insights from all these. His educational qualifications are just as diverse, ranging from degrees in photography, physical science and education to a Master of Business Administration. He is currently completing a Masters in Strategic Foresight.
Client Comments for Charles Brass
Charles Brass travels from Victoria Australia
- With the Minister delayed and a room full of people, we could have had a PR disaster on our hands. But the depth and liveliness of your presentation, plus your ability and willingness to handle all manner of questions, meant our guests came away informed and enthused.
Over 50s Association
- Feedback from group members indicated they found the seminar challenging and confronting. Their increased knowledge will be invaluable.
Fairley Leadership Programme
- Thank you for the expertise, time and support that you devoted to our conference. Our delegates gave your presentation the highest votes of any presenter in terms of both content and style.
Facilities Management Australia
- Charles presentation was not your normal business planning, cookie-cutter type; I think he was able to give a different and far more interesting insight into future planning than what the majority of our attendees have probably heard before.
Daylesford and Macedon Ranges Tourism Board
- A New Age of Work
- It's Coming, Ready Or Not: Five things everyone needs to know about the future
- It's Not About Balance, It's About Integration
- Leading Me, Leading You: A futurist's perspective on leadership
- Money and Work
- The Way We Think Affects The Way We Live: How a new perspective on work will create vibrant communities
- This Is A Bad Time To Be An Ostrich: A futurist's perspective on facing up to four great global challenges
- Unemployment Is A Myth
- Work and My Life: 10 assupmtions about work which are not only wrong but dangerous