As Chief Economist of BT Financial Group, Dr Chris Caton advises clients on the financial implications of economic trends, policy pronouncements and major political developments. A former head of the Economic Division of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, Chris is a leading analyst of the current and future state of both the Australian and international economies, and their potential impact on individual industries.
Drawing on his international experience and with an impressive breadth of knowledge, Chris provides succinct and tailored advice to his clients in a wide range of industries, including many that are dominated by small businesses. A brilliant communicator, Chris has a rare ability to make economics come alive for his audience and has received innumerable accolades for his highly accessible, meaningful, and entertaining presentations.
Client Comments for Chris Caton
Chris Caton travels from Queensland Australia
- We have received wonderful feedback from both the delegates and our Aussie client. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to the opportunity of working with you again in the future.
- Some participants rated Chris our best to date. Chris is able to make what can be a very dry subject both accessible and relevant.
- Chris Caton did an excellent presentation at the conference. If we had more time on the agenda I am sure the questions would have kept going all afternoon. I personally am not a financially focussed person and was pleasantly surprised at the light hearted interludes Chris used throughout his presentation. Another great guest speaker. Thank you.
Dyno Nobel Asia Pacific Limited
- Chris made the audience feel connected to the subject and he also instinctively knows what level to pitch his presentation to. Very easy to listen to and makes quite a dry subject extremely interesting.
Graphic Arts Merchant Association Australia
- He was relevant, entertaining and I would recommend him to other businesses as a speaker.
Master Builders Association of New South Wales
- He entertained as well as providing a serious look at economics. He was willing to listen to my requests and incorporated everything I wanted.
Building Control Commission
- Very good. Would be good every year.
Excellent. Thank you.
Good, as always.
Chris delivered an excellent session as usual.
I never get tired of listening to Chris. One of the best presenters I have seen.
- Chris has a great sense of humour and makes economics easy to understand and always has good key points for delegates to take away with them at the end of his presentation.
Tourism Industry Association New Zealand
- Thank you for your presentation, it was very well received and hence our luncheon was successful.
Financial Planning Association of Australia Ltd
- The reaction to your presentation was excellent, as I knew it would be.
KPMG Peat Marwick Financial Services Pty Ltd
- You were a smash hit! Makes the numbers dance. Clear, polished, engaging, excellent insight into the world of forecasting, absolutely brilliant.
Economics Education Resource Centre
- Thank you for being the leading light in our promotion and your positive contribution in getting the evening underway.
Trade Centre Products, Sydney
- Entertaining and of great interest- fantastic speaker.
Australian Society of CPAs
- Topical, humorous and intelligent, both your content and delivery were excellent.
Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Fantastic presentation, making information which is potentially difficult to understand accessible and easy.
Tourism Industry Association of New Zealand
- Chris Caton was well received by all... his presentation was relevant, informative and a good insight into the economy.
Mortgage Industry Association
- Made fun of a very dry topic; very well received by our audience.
eMOCA Pty Ltd
- Chris's speech met the objectives we set out to achieve. Being the first time we have done this, we were not sure how it was going to go down, but all feedback to date was positive. He is obviously a confident speaker and knows his material well, and can deliver potentially dry material in a very entertaining way. Our audience was very mixed, both professionally and geographically, and all seemed to take something away from the session.
Intellection Pty Ltd
- He hit the nail right on the head!
- Chris received a number of favourable comments from our clients - good economic analysis with plenty of humour and not too high brow.
FIIG Securities Limited
- Dr Chris Caton was well informed and a crowd pleaser. It was the biggest breakfast that we have ever hosted and we owe all the success to Chris' name as the draw card.
Mortgage Industry Association of Australia (MIAA)
- Chris was very entertaining and informative. He presented very well and with a degree of humour I had not expected in an Economics presentation.
- I would like to sincerely thank you for your valuable contribution at the recent BIG Skills Conference. The positive feedback we received was overwhelming, with many of the 1200 delegates who attended, emphasising how inspirational and interesting the conference presentations were. In fact, many delegates said it was the most valuable conference they had ever been to.
Your presentation in particular, provided delegates with a global economic picture which deepened their understanding in preparation for subsequent presentations, and you highlighted the fact, during a recession more people will turn to education and training, therefore, change can bring opportunity, as well as loss.
BT Financial Group
- Chris was very professional and made time to join us at our social events and network with our clients.
KPSS Australia Pty Ltd (Goldwell)
- Financial and Economic Updates
- Global Economic Trends
- The Economic Outlook For Your Business
- The Future of Small Business in the Australian Economy
"Nina and Tamie are amazing and excellent to work with! I only deal with Nina as I have an excellent rapport with her. I often have marketing calls from other companies but would never work with anyone but Nina."
Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia
Subscribe to our newsletter