Darren Isenberg may not have a household name but he is one of the corporate world's most in-demand MCs, trainers and facilitators.
Since 1995 he has provided his services at over one thousand events; hundreds of clients in an incredibly wide range of industries have used him and been amused by him over the years. His lack of celebrity means he has relied simply on his skill, his humour and his talent, rather than any name and fame, to become regarded as the MC to turn to when you want warmth, humour and personality to be a feature of your conference.
His meticulous preparation of uniquely entertaining speaker introductions and summations ensures audiences (and the speakers themselves) look forward to what he is going to say and his ability to think quick, be spontaneously funny and understand business (he's not an actor or a comedian but a former economics teacher whose career path reached a point of diminishing returns!) enables him to inject insightful comments at the appropriate moments and to facilitate panels and run Q&A sessions that often provide unexpected moments of gold throughout a conference program.
As an added bonus Darren saves his clients' time, resources and money by always writing his own script for all speaker introductions and providing the option of being a:
- Keynote speaker (his small business success keynote called 'Business Brilliance: How to Freshen Your Impression After A Recession' has been received super-enthusiastically);
- Corporate trainer (in presentation Skills, PowerPoint skills and small client meeting skills). He can actually train your in-house speakers so that their presentations at the conference are as effective and audience-friendly as possible;
- Workshop facilitator, interviewer, video host, etc; or
- Designer and conductor of dynamic and creative team-building facility
He is easy-going and easy to work with, as well as able to cope with the last-minute changes and other odd requests that frequently feature at an event. His lack of celebrity means he comes with a low ego and is just happy to have been invited to become part of your event.
He is equally at home MCing a multi-day conference, as he is a roadshow or an awards night, and the size of the audience can range from 20 to 2,000 or more. Whilst his clients hail from a broad spectrum of industries, he has become a particularly popular MC within the financial industry (especially for groups consisting of brokers, advisers, planners and bank staff) as well as with franchise groups, where his warmth and understanding of small business quickly establishes him as part of the franchise family.
Client Comments for Darren Isenberg
- The conference MC, Darren Isenberg added huge value to the agenda with his amazing wit and intellect. Darren unquestionably increased participation and attendance rates whilst keeping motivation to a maximum throughout the conference.
- Best MC we've ever had and worked the audience and delivered when other speakers failed. Worth every dollar!
Recruitment & Consulting Services Of Australia
- In all my years of organizing meetings and conferences Darren was "Absolutely Fabulous" – Darren researched each of the presenters, he was funny, witty and most entertaining. Highly recommended.
- You are the best MC I have encountered in my 15 years of event organising.
Australian Exhibition Services
- It was a tremendous asset to have you as our MC and your quick witticisms, humour and timing definitely broke up and livened the proceedings at all times.
- Your ‘masterful management' as the key communicator with our speakers, sponsors and delegates during the conference, your very popular and highly-acclaimed Sponsor Speakeasy segments, your creative speaker introductions, your MIAA Opening Sequence and Song, and your sense of humour and excellent timing have certainly raised the benchmark for future MIAA Conferences.
Meetings Industry Association of Australia
- You gave a fascinating, informative and entertaining session.
Meetings Industry Association Of Australia
- His introductions to the sessions ensured that the audience started each session with a laugh and a little excitement, which not only made the conference more memorable, but also managed to tune their attention into the speaker.
- Your ability to relate your presentation specifically to the AUSTSWIM course showed the presenters that you had done your homework. Our presenters did not miss this fact. While the ideas and techniques that you gave can be used in any presentation, the fact that you used examples and anecdotes specific to the AUSTSWIM course impressed all those who attended. The whole group was ‘a buzz' after your session. We have had such presentations before, but what set your presentation apart was the fact that you gave the participants practical ideas and applications, which they can take away and use immediately.
- You were successful in creating an environment where the crowd was able to interact with the [HSBC NSW Waratah Rugby] players, and where the players were able to relax and enjoy themselves.
- The biggest compliment you could receive for the job you did will not be paid by me in this letter. I'm sure you agree that it came when Best Western International offered you the opportunity to MC their conference in Beijing next year.
Best Western Australia
- Your rating in our conference survey two years in a row was outstanding. You'll be pleased to know that we are seriously considering running you in the trifecta for next year.
Best Western Australia
- As the conference's MC you managed to keep our audience alert and energised throughout several intense business sessions. The workshop debrief showcased your interview and facilitation skills, where you made a seemingly difficult task into an easy one using your intelligence, quick wit and intuition. As MC we also appreciate the research you put into preparing personalised introductions for all speakers as this helped to set the tone for a very polished conference.
- I trust you enjoyed the the event as much as our delegates enjoyed your "Yoga Class" during the Energiser session and I don't think many of them will forget the "Voyage Of Discovery" around Cairns … it was a great way of introducing our delegates to a greater amount of local product knowledge in a fun-filled environment.
- A fabulous way to get a group of Developers, Progammers and IT Gurus way out of their comfort zone! Everybody had a great time.
- The crowd interaction, songs, activities and competitions were a huge hit with the hundreds of spectators queued to enter the Olympic Superstore. The entertainment was a fantastic success and we were delighted with the results.
- Not only was your preparation for the event well beyond our expectations but your handling of the constant schedule changes and some more memorable difficult moments with speakers were handled exceptionally well.
Australian Accident Repair Network
- You took the little information that was supplied and turned it into a very enjoyable and fun-filled night. Especially when I saw some of the quietest guys in the IT industry strip for the impromptu fashion parade. That was truly a work of genius.
- I think what made it even more of a success was the fact that the entertainment was focused on the people themselves, rather than something generic. You're pre-planning for this certainly made all the difference.
Ungerboeck Systems International
- Of particular importance was the relevance of the Hunt to the audience. We certainly appreciate the effort you made in researching our culture and company history.
- I was particularly impressed with the way you researched each of the speakers to ensure a humorous but detailed introduction was given to all.
- The Impact crew were a great success. One of our team is very difficult to please and he said he had a ball!
St. George Bank
- Feedback from members of the Conference Organising Committee commended our choice of MC because you successfully created the mood and feel we were seeking for our event.
9th Australasian Conference Child Abuse & Neglect
- The challenges all were fun and I'm sure I don't only speak for myself when I say we learned about team members that we didn't know before.
St. George Bank
- Keeping the attention of the crowd was a major priority for us… he kept the 350-strong audience of publicans, bottle-shop managers and suppliers entertained and amused between presenters with jokes and fun activities.
United Inn-Keepers Association
- You've done it again – come up with a great quiz to make for a really memorable night. The response we were looking for was exactly what we received and it was no doubt due to your enthusiasm, research and planning.
The Events Centre
- You had a great impact from the grand opening, especially the StorageTek National Anthem, right to the finale.
- Darren was great. Everyone enjoyed his session. Darren might have thought he'd landed on Mars when he encountered a group of people, none of whom had ever watched The Block or heard of two guys whose surnames were Atkins And Rossen. See I haven't heard of them either. But he did a great job and feedback is that they all had a fun time and had a lot of laughs with colleagues that before Saturday, they had never met.
- Darren is a very professional and engaging MC. Our people responded well to him.
- Darren did a really great job in researching the client and franchisees. Onsite he mixed well with the group, which meant he became part of the Price Attack team. His various introductions/comments/thankyou's during the conference were always well worded and researched, light hearted and well thought out. He was easy to deal with on site, was always on time, helpful and happy to assist the client whenever possible.
ETM - Event Travel Management
- Your sense of humour, timing, quick thinking and professionalism was some of the great qualities displayed that helped to make our Forum the success that it was. I particularly appreciated your research into the language literacy and numeracy field and exposing some of our more colourful characters - this was highly regarded by all.
Dept. Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
- We recently used Darren to MC our Sales Capability conference for 160 associates over 3 days – and what a contribution he made!! Not only does Darren play the more traditional MC role of keeping things on track and managing the energy levels in the room, but he is engaged in the messages that each presenter is attempting to land, and creates links back to these throughout the conference. Evidence of this was Darren's preparation going into conference, where he engaged with all presenters, and was crystal clear on the objectives of each session. Darren is a warm, engaging and witty, and I would highly recommend Darren be considered for your conferencing needs.
Regional Director at Wrigley Pacific
- Corporate Entertainment and Training
"Nina and Tamie are amazing and excellent to work with! I only deal with Nina as I have an excellent rapport with her. I often have marketing calls from other companies but would never work with anyone but Nina."
Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia
Subscribe to our newsletter