David Jenkin is the author of the best-selling What Great Retailers Do - 50 Keys to Make Your Shop a Winner.
David was Regional Chief Executive and a Board Member of The Myer Emporium Ltd. (in his early 40s) and subsequently was appointed Chief Executive, Chairman and/or Board Member of a range of organisations including Melbourne Central (the massive $1billion city-centre re-development), The Docklands Authority (Government appointee), the Melbourne Convention and Visitors Bureau, six National Speciality Store chains and BrandSmart Outlet Malls.
He has traveled to more than 60 countries both as a businessman and as the first non-American to Chair the U.S. billion dollar humanitarian aid and development organisation World Vision International (for whom he led a global strategic re-organisation in the 1990s).
With high level contacts in many countries, David has been instrumental in bringing key international retailers to Australia and has been the Keynote speaker at conferences in Australia and Internationally. He has a passion for leadership development, for the creation of company-wide customer care initiatives, for values-based organisational development and for a more strategic approach to corporate social responsibility (C.S.R.).
David both speaks and writes in a compelling way using a story-telling technique to illustrate fundamental business and leadership principles.
David Jenkin was honoured by the Federal Government with a Medal of Australia in 1998 and made a Distinguished Citizen of the City of Melbourne in 1999.
Client Comments for David Jenkin
David Jenkin travels from Victoria Australia
- Coming as it did at the commencement of the business session, your message set the tone for the total programme. Our friends from the U.S. and Europe spoke with me at the conclusion of the conference relative to the various guest speakers and reaffirmed their particular appreciation of your address.
- David's presentation covered the subject "Customer Service - The Way to Profit". I can only say that the presentation was excellent. It was informative, instructive, straight to the point and communicated in a clear and concise manner. The reaction from the audience was outstanding.
Hardware Federation of Australia
- Each of the delegates without exception was unstinting in their enthusiasm as to inspiration of the content of your address. Thank you for a most significant contribution to our conference, you exemplified your subject excellence in customer service.
- David Jenkin manages to be relaxed yet totally vibrant and conveys his message to get serious about customer service with conviction and an underlying sense of urgency.
Textile Distributors Association
- Sound information presented in an easy and relaxed style.
Australian Institute of Management
- Would definitely recommend David to other clients - he was a delight to work with.
AMP Insurance Company
- Our audience loved David's presentation, he is such a gentle person and his aura just makes you take notice of what he has to say- and one knows and feels how sincere he is.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Customer Service, Leadership and Ethics
- Integrity in the Workplace
- Leadership Development
- Passionate Customer Service
- Retailing - Where in the World Are We Going?
- The Work/Family Balance
- Values and Culture
- What Great Retailers Do
"Saxton are always great to deal with! Nina and Tamie are very helpful."
Arinex Pty Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter