Before Sunrise, Kochie was a pure finance nerd. He's still one of Australia's foremost business and finance commentators but his first love now is teaming up with Mel to host Australia's number one breakfast program.
David still maintains his passion for money matters and is heard on radio stations around Australia and writes finance columns for New Idea and AFR Investor.
A survey conducted by Money Management newspaper recognised David as one of the 10 most influential people in establishing the retail financial services industry. A Reader's Digest survey found he is also one of the top 25 most trusted people in Australia.
David has a strong interest in small business issues and was a director of the NSW Small Business Development Corporation for over six years being appointed to the board at its inception in 1996. As a former business owner, operator and company director, David is in demand as a presenter and regularly addresses a wide range of corporate events and groups. His specialty is speaking on success in small business and investment issues as well as providing practical tips. David speaks informatively from a base of personal experience and knowledge of business and financial issues.
But finance aside, he's also an all-round good bloke and family man, making him perfect for this role on Sunrise. He's coached his kids rugby, netball and basketball teams while serving on the council of his daughter's school. Just please don't ask him about the Wallabies or Port Power.
David Koch at a glance is:
• Co-host of Channel Seven's Sunrise program and business and finance expert for the Seven and Prime television networks.
• Co-host of Channel Seven's prime time hit Where Are They Now
• Host of the My Business show on the Seven Network.
• Contributing editor to the investor section of Sydney's Sun-Herald newspaper.
• Weekly money columnist in 'The Experts' section of New Idea.
• Daily money commentator on more than 50 regional radio stations with his popular 'A Minute On Your Business' and 'A Minute On Your Money' segments.
• Author or co-author of the following best-selling books Kochie's Guide to Keeping it Real, Kochie's Guide – How Smart Couples Can Start With Nothing But Love And Laughs And Create Real Wealth, Kochie’s Best Jokes, Your Money and Your Life, I'm Not Made of Money, The Teenager’s Guide to Money and The Teenager’s Guide to Part-Time Jobs and Leaving Home – the Ultimate Guide.
Client Comments for David Koch
David Koch travels from New South Wales Australia
- Very patient and co-operative. Approachable and obliging.
Vision Splendid Media
- An excellent speech and one of the most well received by delegates
Self Storage Association of Australasia
"Fabulous assistance with everything to do with this event."
Subscribe to our newsletter