David Parkin is one of the best business and motivational speakers in Australia. David's accomplishments as a football player and coach are outstanding; he captained Hawthorn Football Club to their second premiership in 1971, and then coached them to a flag in 1978.
He later coached Carlton Football Club to successive Premierships in 1981 and 1982, as well as taking them to a record breaking number of victories in 1995, which culminated with them being Premiers.
David's incredible accomplishments have seen his talents transferred from the sporting and academic arenas to the world of business. He originally trained as a primary school teacher and has spent over two decades in teacher education. A lecturer in Sports and Exercise Science at Deakin University, he has recently increased his media commitments with Foxtel's AFL coverage as a panel member on the weekly show Fox League Teams and as a regular commentator for ABC Radio.
David was inducted into the Australian Football Hall of Fame in 2002 and in 2013 was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for 'service to the sport of Australian rules football as an administrator, coach and player'.
David’s motivational talks have been held in the highest esteem by organisations such as MLC Life, Spalding Australia, RACV, Campbells Soups, Telstra Australia, Australia Post and KPMG.
He is one of the most inspiring coaches to have ever been part of the game. His key topics are leadership, team dynamics and the fundamentals of organisational success.
Client Comments for David Parkin
David Parkin travels from Victoria Australia
- He was fabulous and they loved him - it was all very successful.
Ella McPherson, Royce Pty. Ltd
- David's energy and enthusiasm for the topic really impressed our executives.
Department of Human Services
- Your diverse thoughts on team work, motivation and what drives individual persons in their private lives was exactly what was needed in our town at the present time.
Robe Branch, Bendigo Bank
- The company would like to thank you for the profound effect your presentation had on a number of our sales staff. Not to mention the motivation and encouragement felt by a lot of our administration staff as well. It was a great privilege to have met you and have you share with us the requirements of succeeding in a competitive field. Many who were present on the day have visualised their long term goals, and are planning to put into place strategies to help them achieve their true potential, based on your advice and experiences you shared with them. Thank you for the enormous contribution you made to our conference and the continued effect of your speech for the year to come.
The Consumables Management Group
- David was first class.He was preofessional, entertaining and the feedback was excellent.
Geelong Businessmen's Club
- David delivered a very entertaining speech for our guests. Have had only good feedback from the APMCA members who attended and had the pleasure of listening to David.
- David's presentation was well received by the audience, and would undoubtedly rank as one of the best speakers that I have had the fortune to hear.
GE Automotive Financial Services
- Hit the mark on what we were after. Very happy with the presentation.
- David understood exactly the aims of our conference and focussed on these aims with relevant and amusing stories and advice from his playing, coaching and management experience. His speech was very well received and many of the points he made were referred to throughout the two days of the conference.
- Partners who attended the dinner are still raving about David.
- David Parkin was given a very difficult brief to perform. How easy would it be to deliver two presentations, without the benefit of a run-through, on a moving Collins Street tram. Our staff (who were the recipients of the presentation) thought he was inspiring, entertaining and a great sport for having a go at a logistically challenging concept. We thought he was fantastic!
Vanguard Investments Aust, Vue from the Tram
- We received excellent feedback not only on his presentation but his willingness to stay and chat about all things (not only football). His presentation linked perfectly with the following day which covered HR issues.
- David was both motivational and entertaining, it was a perfect start to the sales conference; one which propelled the team into an enthusiastic and optimistic attitude.
Caterpillar Financial Australia Limited
- David was extremely pleasant to deal with and very keen to tailor his delivery to suit the needs of the audience. He provided not only strong communication prior to the day but took the time to make a follow up phone call after the event. Our feedback sheets on the day indicated very clearly that David had been a huge success in reaching many audience members who normally tune out during the keynote speech at conferences they are involved in.
- David was excellent and hit the mark well. He left us with some great Parkinisms to help develop our people and team.
Burder Materials Handling
- David was absolutely first rate. He was very obliging regarding arrangements and bombproof with respect to honouring them. David responded very well to my briefing and tailored his address accordingly. He was humourous and passionate in his address (and in taking over footy training for the club) and the audience hung on every word. I couldn't speak too highly of David's work.
Northern District Community Health Services
- Very knowledgeable, experienced and comfortable with the environment.
Jani-King (Vic) Pty Ltd
- He had them enthralled for over an hour.
Sothertons National Group IGAF Conference
- Davids ability to capture a young audience is incredible.
Ballarat Group Training
- Very engaging.
- David couldn't have worked out any better - he was passionate, strong, funny when required and with great people and business management intellect. Everybody was raving about his session. Couldn't be happier.
Bus Association Victoria
- David adapted extremely well at short notice to deliver a talk that resonated well with the group.
Department of Primary Industries
- So much energy, passion and experience to share. Not only a great speaker but put on a real show! David linked his stories and experiences extremely well to the key messages we wanted.
City of Charles Sturt
- David was a class act. Very professional, informative and funny - the perfect guest speaker for our function.
Wyndham City Council
- David was fantastic, very enthusiastic and interesting to listen to.
Abigroup Contractors Pty Ltd
- David enticed the audience and was so passionate that it almost brought people to their feet. His presentation is intense in a good way and I believe the delegates were able to take his speech to heart and learn from his passion and drive. In preparing for the conference, David was very interested in the RVA and was extremely pleased with the in-depth information we provided. I think his need for this information shows his dedication to providing the most relevant speech possible.
Retirement Village Association Ltd
- David was very personable and the audience responded to him in a very positive manner.
City Of Melbourne
Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAA)
"Constant and informative communication. Great help and assistance from both Tamie and Trish. Friendly and professional. I was extremely happy with the service."
The Project Group
Subscribe to our newsletter