David Thomas, CEO of Think Global Consulting, is highly respected in Australia for his experience, credibility and passion for identifying, building and facilitating business and investment relationships between developed and emerging countries.
He challenges his audiences and clients to view the world differently and to see new economic trends as an opportunity for leading businesses, investors and entrepreneurs to profit from the new emerging markets of the 21st Century.
David Thomas has been speaking with authority, experience and passion on global hotspots, offshore business opportunities and economic trends for over 20 years. He educates his audience on the importance of the 'BRIC countries' (Brazil, Russia, India and China) and other emerging markets and highlights opportunities for export, investment and overseas business development.
He is a regular speaker at CPA, TEC, FPA, CIPSA, ACBC, FINSIA, ASFA and Australian Institute of Export events and conferences and recently presented the opening keynote at the China Australia Business Congress 2009. David is a highly experienced keynote speaker and workshop facilitator and is often asked to chair industry events, particularly those with a focus on China, the BRIC countries and other emerging markets.
David's speaking topics draws on his experience as a global networker who is constantly travelling the world to uncover new business opportunities for entrepreneurs, business leaders and companies of all sizes.
David's speaking style is businesslike and informative yet never boring. His topic encourages the audience to think of their business in a new way, re-packaging their expertise, products and/or services for new markets and discovering offshore opportunities that they didn't know were available to them.
Client Comments for David Thomas
David Thomas travels from New South Wales Australia
- David's ability to facilitate the exchange of value business to business, leader to leader and country
to country is exceptional. He is one of the classiest, diplomatic people I have met. CEOs should
never consider anything global without at least chatting to him!
- David's presentation was thought-provoking, inspiring and action-oriented. It has given me a great
insight into the nature of the BRICs, and provided me with a trusted colleague who can introduce
real possibilities in these countries. I am looking forward to doing more work with David!
- David was the guest speaker at the end of year meeting of my Sydney based EGN groups. The presentation was professional; reflecting David's expertise and experience on China. The audience questions proved the level of interest in the subject and the way it was presented.
Executives' Global Network Australia
- David Thomas was one of our key presenters at the Import Export Show in Darling Harbour in September 2010. We chose David as a presenter for our Masterclass on BRIC for his experience, credibility and passion for those countries. He has first hand experience and knows how to project his knowledge to the audience with enthusiasm and humour. David has a practical approach to his presentation which keeps the audience busy writing notes and wanting to know more. It was one of those workshops where it is difficult to evacuate the room on time as they all want to stay and learn more, even after 1 1/2 hours!
Import Export Show
- Thank you David for your fascinating presentation on the BRIC nations at CEO Headquarters. You brought complex global economic issues, cultural facts and business reality to the table. Your presentation was interesting, educative and very useful for my clients. They now see their businesses in the light of the global playing field. Each will make different decisions about their future but all will make their decisions informed by this larger context. I would highly recommend any business leader to seek out this information.
- David Thomas recently spoke at one of our conferences and we had some great feedback from our participants. Some described his presentation as cutting edge, insightful, highly researched and thought-provoking. So if you are looking for a speaker with ideas about the best way to take a business or any idea global, then David is someone that you definitely need to get to know and work with.
Dale Beaumont, Business Blueprint
- We had David presenting at our National Conference this year and he really knows his stuff. Feedback from his session was excellent and there's little doubt that he's the master of his topic. We look forward to hearing more from David.
Robert Gerrish, Founder & Director, Flying Solo
- I am truly grateful for the professional way you conducted yourself, your direction and input into the China Australia Business Congress 2009 throughout the two days. Your depth of knowledge in the China / Australia theatre added enormous value to the delegation as you were able to quickly summarise each session with confidence, clarity and relevance. It is my sincere hope I may call on you again for your guidance and participation to enable us produce another quality event which we can build on from the success of our inaugural China Australia Business Congress in Sydney in May 2009. Your position as Chair for this event enabled the Congress to run smoothly, professionally and seamlessly and I look forward to working with you again very soon.
Association & Communication Events
- The University of Technology Sydney recently had the privilege of David Thomas presenting to its students studying Business and Culture in Asia Pacific (BCAP). To hear from an industry specialist is a significant benefit for students. With conviction I highly recommend David as a speaker. His knowledge and practical understanding of the dynamics of these two significant markets is outstanding. David's presentation was topical, insightful, thought provoking and certainly created much discussion. His style is relaxed yet focused; delivered with great enthusiasm and humour. Thank you David for a great evening - it was a pleasure to listen to you.
IBM Australia Ltd
- I can say, without reservation, that without the efforts and energy of Think Global we would not be as far progressed as we are with our overseas strategies. We set out with very clean objectives, all of which have been met and with great success. Thank you David for a fantastic experience and great results.
- I met David at a presentation he gave to the Executive Global Network. David spoke passionately and inspirationally about the growth of BRIC economies, and outlined some pretty concrete ways for Australian businesses to get involved sustainably. I came away with a new perspective on these opportunities and a desire to explore them further.
Hunts Group Consulting
- David's unique insight into our changing world is a message worth tuning into. An engaging speaker, his well-informed presentation on emerging markets will enlighten and galvanise. I recommend David to those who are looking at global expansion, particularly business development in China as well as in other countries in the region.
- I just wanted to pass on my sincere thanks for your excellent presentation to our senior bankers and customers on China and India. The feedback from the session has been overwhelmingly positive. The energy and clear insight that you brought to the Masterclass was a real strength. I look forward to continuing to work together on future events.
Westpac Banking Corporation
- Joining the Think Global China tour was the best business decision I've made this year. I went on the tour with an objective of quickly immersing myself into Chinese business culture so I could understand the growing focus on this marketplace amongst my Australian clients. The insights from the trip have profoundly changed the way I look at China, and other BRIC economies. The bonus for me from this experience was emerging with a range of immediate business and partnership opportunities in a market I had only intended to explore this year. David Thomas and his Think Global operation are unique in their expertise and the quality of their offering. They provide a service that I strongly recommend to any executive needing to quickly wrap their mind around and / or penetrate the BRIC marketplace.
The Launch Group
- I met David Thomas when he was the Guest Speaker at a MBA class on Business & Culture in Asia Pacific. I was inspired by his talk and signed up immediately for his e-newsletter. Now that I am living and working in India, I more than ever look forward to receiving David's newsletters. His commentary on this exciting, emerging market is always spot on and his insights into the possibilities of doing business with, and in India, are extremely relevant and valuable.
- Sally Barnes, Vice President, David encourages fellow professionals to seek further education and experiences in environments that are not readily available or accessible. The speakers and material that have been presented by Think Global are first class & I encourage other professionals to take the journey.
- David is a deep thinking, well organised person who has a depth and breadth of knowledge in the business services and particularly the financial services sector that would be a wonderful asset for any organisation seeking to expand their business.
Barnes Dowell James
- We contacted David Thomas at Think Global Consulting to help us resolve contractual difficulties we were facing with our Chinese technology partners. We secured David's services in order to provide some expertise and direct coaching to our teams and personally to our CFO and myself. These sessions revolved around some cultural learnings and an adaptation of what we saw as legal issues into 'relationship challenges' with our Chinese partners. We took on board David's advice and, accordingly, adapted our direction and strategy in all of our dealings with China. Within what was an astoundingly short period of time, the strength was restored to the relationship and, today, that relationship has developed into a partnership which represents one of the key cornerstones of Blueprint's business. Without a doubt, David's expertise was the key element in this success. We would not hesitate to recommend David to organisations with objectives which include expansion into Asia.
Blueprint Management Group
- Our organisation, a major financial services firm, recently engaged David Thomas to present at our national professional development days across the country. The brief was simple, though the task was complex. We wanted our advisers to gain an international perspective, particularly on the BRIC countries and their potential impact on the Australian economy. This was to have a particular focus on China and its impact on our long term recovery. David produced an extremely interesting presentation, which thoroughly engaged his audience. His technical understanding coupled with on the ground experience provided insights that soon had our advisers asking questions and taking note of what he had to say. The feedback across the country has been very positive and we are looking at how we can use David again in the future.
Professional Development Manager
- David Thomas has been a constant support to CIPS over the last two years. His expertise on China & BRIC countries is much appreciated. His recent speech at our Strategic Procurement Forum in Perth [May 09] was relevant, informative, engaging and well received by a demanding audience of senior procurement professionals – many from the resources sector.
- The Australian Institute of Export ran a very successful event for the NSW Export community in Sydney on March 25th, 2009. Our MC for the event, where the theme was a focus on the BRIC countries and their trade potential, was David Thomas. David has a particularly strong interest in this group of countries, and his knowledge and enthusiasm for the opportunities came through loud and clear. David's presentation was sharp, focused, and built on key facts and figures; and gave all who attended a wonderful insight into those four countries. As MC, David also had the role of "interviewing" two established and well known exporters about their experiences with the BRIC countries. Again David's knowledge and insightful questioning allowed all present to really benefit from the experiences of these export panelists. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience of working with David for that event, and plan to collaborate on a number of future opportunities. Accordingly we acknowledge David's skills as a first class facilitator, and commentator, in his areas of expertise, and would recommend him to others seeking that expertise.
Australian Institute of Export
- I attended a seminar David hosted to discover more about doing business overseas, in particular the BRIC countries. David's expertise and knowledge on the subject was obvious, and very helpful. I'll be talking more with David as we explore ways to take our concepts in China and India, and further our work in Russia. Thanks David.
Entente Pty Ltd
- David's workshops on 'thinking globally' are simply excellent: great content, great exercises. Exercises that make you think hard about where you should head off shore - to which country and why. His content about the 'explosion' of the BRIC countries is simple and compelling: it is not business as usual in this minnow of a country nor in any other. The evidence of why is overwhelming. Thanks David for a great workshop!
- David Thomas is the speaker you need if you want to see how easy it is to move your business into China. Listen, watch and learn from someone who clearly understands the market.
Michelle Bowden Enterprises