As career breakthroughs go, this one took a while.
Denise first started working as a professional actor and comedian nearly 30 years ago, but it has been in the last five years that she has been selling out theatres, secured herself as a regular on high rating national television shows and finding her books creeping towards best seller status.
In 2004, Denise Scott received a Barry Award nomination for Best Show at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival for her sold out festival hit, Scotty and Son, which featured her 19 year-old son. In 2009 she penned a memoir, All That Happened at Number 26, which become a national best seller as well as another live show hit with sell out seasons in the Melbourne International Comedy Festival and the Sydney Opera House. It was, reprised in 2010 with two sold out shows at Melbourne's Comedy Theatre.
Denise Scott released her first comedy DVD - Number 26 - in 2011, and started touring her new solo stand up show - Regrets - nationally. This tour saw Regrets awarded the Melbourne International Comedy Festival Directors' Choice Award and Denise Scott winning a Helpmann Award for Best Comedy Performer.
Denise Scott is a favourite guest on many of Australia's best loved TV shows, including Spicks and Specks, The 7PM Project, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation, The Melbourne Comedy Festival Gala and Good News Week. You can also now see her as a regular cast member on Channel 7's newest high rating drama Winners & Losers.
Now Denise Scott is focusing on her second book, a second season of Winners & Losers and a return to the stage in 2012.
In short, Australian comedy's next big thing has been here for a while.
Client Comments for Denise Scott
Denise Scott travels from Victoria Australia
- One of the best yet! Brilliant!
- On behalf of the Australian Sheep & Wool Show, I'd like to thank you both very much for your help with our Women of Wool luncheon…
Denise Scott was superb. She was a perfect fit for our audience. We had an 80 year old woman asking when Denise was going to stop because she had a 'dreadful stitch' from laughing too hard. We observed other women wiping tears of laughter away from their eyes.
The CEO of Australian Wool Innovation Brenda McGahan said it was one of the best events she's ever attended. Bendigo's head of tourism said it was a coup and we know the blokes were jealous because we all had so much fun. Mission accomplished.
Her performance was perfectly off colour, perfectly timed and perfectly pitched to make it a very memorable event.
We thank Saxton and Denise. Please pass on our thanks and high praise to Denise. She rocked.
Australian Sheep & Wool Show
- Denise was perfect. We had many comments back from guests saying how much they enjoyed her performance. The partnership was very pleased with her delivering on the recommendation by Saxton's. Brilliant use of the firms' promotional material.
Carter Newell Lawyers
- Such a funny lady who uses her lines intelligently... she was brilliant on the debate.
Goldwell Cosmetics Australia Pty Ltd
- You understood some of the underlying issues... it was a great session and everyone left with tears in their eyes.
Tourism Council Australia
- Denise got everyone going with her routine... she included reference to our industry, thereby displaying her research. Truly professional!!
D.R. Strata Management
- Brilliant. She had the whole room in stitches, was approachable and so easy to work with.
The Courier, Ballarat
- Denise was a great speaker and comedian and fit well for the event. She did not only engage with the audience during her performance, but throughout the whole day. I have been doing the Rottnest Forum for three years and Denise is the first comedian who has been engaged throughout the entire day. She came and listened to our keynote presentation and engaged with guests before and after her afternoon spot.
Her presentation fit the audience demographic very well and she read and engaged the audience to perfection. We would love to have Denise back again in the future, thank you for a fantastic day and all round great experience.
Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Stand Up Comedy
- Tales of Ordinary Madness
"We struggled finding attendees to this event for a number of reasons (mostly internal) but with the ideas, support and guidance offered by Nanette and Winston mostly they helped us pull it across the line and came through with one of the most successful and certainly the most talked about event HP Software has run. Thank you! I cannot think of another thing you could possibly do to make your service any better. Keep on doing it and you will continue to be successful!"
Subscribe to our newsletter