Dorinda – Dorinda has received numerous awards over the years including “African Australian Woman of the Year” & “Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Leadership & Advocacy for African Women & their communities in SA” plus the title of “Living Legend” awarded at the Sydney Opera House in 2012 and whilst in office, Prime Minister Julia Gillard named her as “A People of Australia Ambassador”
In short, Dorinda Hafner is a head-spinning combination of many things. She is first a mother, a registered nursing sister, an optician, an author, an actor, a public speaker and a humanitarian who has worked tirelessly over the years with various Australian charities and instigated a charity called Australian Sponsorship for African Kids.
She’s the author of 8 books (including 2 International best sellers, 2 translated into Dutch and Portuguese and her 7th & 8th books won International Awards at the World Gourmand Awards in Paris and Beijing). She’s a passionate foodie and a celebrated television chef whose award winning culinary anthropology series still screen at various times in over 48 countries. For ten years, Dorinda was a food presenter with Bert Newton on Good Morning Australia. She can regale you with tales of her life – born as a descendant of Ashanti Royalty, her Colonial Methodist Ladies College education in Ghana and being the first black RN trained at St Georges Hospital London.
Dorinda sits at tables with princes and paupers alike and her popularity with most cultures is a credit to her outstanding communication skills.
Dorinda has been described as a cross between Aphrodite and Sophie Tucker, the diva of all things delicious and a queen of stage and skillet - a larrikin of life. She simply describes herself as a proud Civil Marriage Celebrant and a passionate South Australian!
She is a true child of the universe, and a kaleidoscope of colour and vibrancy. She 'infects' everyone who watches or meets her with enormous enthusiasm and reminds them that life is here to be lived, appreciated and shared!
Client Comments for Dorinda Hafner
Dorinda Hafner travels from South Australia Australia
- Thank you for the wonderful and very meaningful learnings and memories I brought home from the AFCC conference. Your beautiful energy filled the room not only during your keynote speech but also for the rest of the conference. I could feel a big change both in myself and of other delegates after your session, almost as though everyone had relaxed into a space that both honoured their uniqueness and the abilities they had to share and bring to the table.
The Caboolture Early Years Centre
- On behalf of the Council of English Australia I'd like to thank you for your contribution to the
success of the English Australia Conference. Your closing plenary session was everything we wanted it to be, and more. Thank you for engaging and uplifting the delegates and ensuring they left on a ‘high', ready to go back to their classrooms and offices with renewed energy and purpose. Delegate comments have been exceptionally positive and I'm sure that for many your address was a high point of their
- Dorinda was delightful! Her enthusiasm was infectious and her ability to entertain, educate and interact had us all dancing with all ages was amazing and just what we needed. She managed to get everyone involved from our shy conservative types to the extroverted types, women and men all loved her bubbly personality and presentation. Personally, I also appreciated how she was able to tailor her presentation specifically to my theme and needs, in what was relatively short notice. Much appreciated. A job well done.
- A wonderful message you shared with everyone today. Thank you for your generous spirit and laughter that surely wakes up nations.
- Thank you for your very inspirational talk and more so for being such a wonderful example to women! I admire the way that you live out this quote in your life, despite much opposition, you knuckle down and succeed anyway! I am always encouraged when I meet other women who are ‘blazing a trail' in some way or another.
Family First Candidate for Davenport
- Dorinda was very entertaining, funny, inspirational and a fantastic MC. Dorinda managed to have the entire room up off their feet and laughing. This was the second time that I've had the pleasure of seeing Dorinda and was just as impressed as the first time.
- Please accept our sincere thanks and appreciation for your attendance at our Annual Staff Forum. I am sure you have heard from many that you are charismatic, engaging, funny, inspirational and skillful at taking people on a journey. Whilst all of our staff work alongside people who live with chronic mental illness, 75% of them also have the lived experience of mental illness or are carers. Your engaging presentation was powerful and empowering for some that have lived with stigma for much of their life. A mere thank you does not seem to be enough!
Mental Illness Fellowship South Australia
- Thank you so much for the wonderful entertainment you provided. The VIEW members loved you. The night was a great success and I know everyone went away on a very high note.
VIEW, Voice Interests and Education of Women
- Thank you Dorinda for a FABULOUS night. I received great feedback, all thanks to you. Hope to work with you again soon.
- Dorinda was amazing; she captivated the audience from the moment she got on stage and kept the energy level high until the very end. As a guest speaker for our fundraiser, Dorinda will be difficult to top next year.
The Mary Potter Foundation Inc
- Building the Great Team
- Health and Lifestyle - Getting Started
- If You Can't Stand the Heat - Tales from the Kitchen OF Food and Culture
- Multiculturism Issues Facing Us
- Of Food and Culture