Elaine Canty is a pioneer in the media, sport and the law.
In 2006, she was inducted onto the Victorian Honour Role of Women in recognition of her outstanding service to the community and being an inspirational role model for women.
Elaine is currently Chairman of the Boards of two of Australia's most iconic institutions: the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne and the Queen Victoria Market. She also chairs the Melbourne Wholesale Fish Market.
The first female sports broadcaster on ABC Radio and Television in Victoria, she is also the first and only woman to be appointed to the AFL Tribunal (1996 – 2005).
She was the first woman to anchor an Australiawide Olympic Games coverage (for the ABC from Barcelona 1992).
Elaine is a former director of Athletics Australia (1998 – 2003), Womens and Children's Health, (1999 – 2004), Royal Women's Hospital (2004 – 2007), M2002 World Masters Games, VicHealth,(1997-2006) and the State Sport Centres Trust.
She is a foundation director (1989 - 2000) of the Victorian Institute of Sport and one of the founders of the Essendon Football Club Women's Network.
In addition to her Board duties Elaine runs a corporate presentations consultancy, Canty Communications Pty Ltd and for more than twenty years has been a regular presenter and guest on ABC radio and television and much in demand as an entertaining public speaker.
For 8 years she presented a daily current affairs and lifestyle talkback program on 774 ABC Melbourne. She has covered five Olympic Games, and produced and presented an international award winning sports documentary series.
Before joining the ABC she worked as a solicitor, as a tutor in Clinical Legal Education at Monash University and also spent a year teaching senior Mathematics in London.
Client Comments for Elaine Canty
Elaine Canty travels from Victoria Australia
- Elaine was fantastic prior to and during our forum. Her ability to help the delegates to draw threads from each speaker and the way in which she assisted in the smooth flow of the day was greatly appreciated, and highly valuable. She was a great asset to the day!!
Yarra Ranges Regional Marketing Ltd
- Elaine handled any difficult situation with professionalism and humour, and through her personal qualities gave the Commonwealth exactly the outcomes we required in a relaxed and encouraging environment. She
clearly researched the topic and put great value into the preparation for the Conference. Feedback from registrants was that Elaine made participants feel comfortable and valued...this was important, as the
Conference had a high level of interactive involvement.
National Department of Health and Ageing
- Elaine was wonderful. She is charming, witty and very intelligent. Her experience in the media and her relationships with other medical organisations gave her a valuable insight into how to position her address to our group. It was a pleasure to have her as our speaker and I would have no hesitation in recommending her to others.
Monash Institute - Women In Scientific Excellence
- Thank you for your informative and entertaining after-dinner speech to our group last Friday. I thought there was great empathy between you and the audience, and your speech certainly contributed to the overall success of our Conference.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Elaine was fantastic - One of the best speakers we have had. She was warm, humorous and motivating, developing a great rapport with the audience. She gave us lots of messages.
North West Women's Development Committee
- A most delightful and courteous lady, with a warm and pleasant manner. Her delivery of a rich anecdotal talk was received with vivid attention and enthusiasm.
- Spectacular, striking, moving, marvellous, funny, inspirational, just great…
MS Society Victoria
- Elaine readily understood our requirements and carried out the role of MC most efficiently.
Australian Chamber of Manufacturers, Melbourne
- Elaine read her audience very well and pitched her talk perfectly. Very entertaining and funny. Elaine was also very easy to look after.
- Elaine Canty was enthusiastic and willing to give time to assess issues and proposed discussion. Her grasp of the subject was good and her control of the occasion was excellent.
- Elaine gave a thought provoking talk to the women present- challenging them to make the most of their skills and to cope with change. Gave everybody something to think about- great stuff!
North West Women's Development Committee Victoria
- Elaine was not only a good performer, she was also very good to deal with prior to the actual performance—both professional and pleasant to deal with.
Wools of New Zealand
- Elaine provided an excellent opening to the conference programme. She very quickly won the hearts and much of the 500 delegates.
Rotary International District NSW
- Your vibrant presentation was informative, motivational, and highly amusing. I know that when I say I could have listened to you talk all day that I am also reiterating the sentiments of all guests present at the function. Needless to say the event was a success, largely due to your involvement.
Australian Kidney Foundation
- Elaine was outstanding at our recent event, her presentation skills and content of the presentation was fantastic and received great comments from our guests. I will definitely be asking Elaine to speak again at future events.
Country Club Resort - Launceston
- Elaine took the time to meet with us before the presentation so that we could brief her regarding our needs. This showed in the relevance of her comments. Elaine spoke very well, and completely engaged the audience.
"I have always used Saxton and yet again the Saxton team delivered! Complete professionalism."
Waples Marketing Group Pty Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter