Gary is Australia's pioneer thought leader on innovation and creativity. He has been working in creativity and innovation for over 25 years, his career spanning the retail, music and radio industries. His passion is getting people and companies to think differently. He gives useful, simple and easy to understand suggestions that are relevant to all businesses to give your brand a true edge. He speaks to audiences around the world about unlocking their thinking, imagination and ideas in the areas of performance, problem solving, innovation, marketing, strategy, creativity and learning.
Gary's innovative approach assists organisations and individuals in challenging their traditional way of thinking to be able to successfully unlock their great ideas, with a view to making the company more successful. In order to truly innovate and develop breakthrough ideas you need to think differently and that is what Gary is all about. His presentations are empowering, enjoyable and entertaining, and his simple, straightforward approach to thinking is always well received.
In 2002 Gary opened Australia's first ever creative thinking venue at The Entertainment Quarter in Sydney, called The Ideas Vault. His venue is now used by some of the biggest corporations in the country for creative thinking, meetings, seminars and training sessions.
Gary is also the co-founder of Australia's leading cycling foundation, The Tour de Cure, which raises money for the research support and prevention of cancer in men, women and children. The Tour de Cure has now raised over $18 million dollars in donations and many millions of dollars in publicity since its inception in 2007.
Along with the cycling foundation, Gary has also founded a corporate fundraising day called the Day of Inspiration, which gathers together keynote speakers, entertainers and performers in Sydney for a one day event in front of a corporate crowd to raise awareness and funds towards the curing of cancer.
He's won the TEC Speaker of the Year Award in both 2007 and 2008, and again in 2012, and is renowned for his passion and drive in helping people to think differently about their life, family, business and mojo.
Gary has published six books; The Keys to Creativity (Blue Moon Publishing, 2006), Who Stole My Mojo? (Allen & Unwin, 2011), What Made You Think of That? (Allen & Unwin, 2010), The Vibe (Wrightbooks, 2010) and My Dad's Got Mojo (Wrightbooks, 2011) and What I Wish I Knew About Cancer (Big Sky Publishing, 2011).
Client Comments for Gary Bertwistle
- Gary is like a shot of adrenalin to the right side of your brain.
SCA Hygiene Australasia (NZ)
- Gary's session was fantastic, inspiring and stimulating. We all got a lot out of it!
- Being a believer of simplicity, Gary was able to present this workshop in a very straightforward, uncluttered but outstanding substantial manner. From now, I will never see marketing the same way again. Truly world class!
- We have had some terrific feedback from the people who attended the event - it was clearly a great success.
- An excellent day - precious time well spent. The range of perspectives from each speaker was very interesting. Gary's practical emphasis was especially useful. I will certainly be applying some of the techniques
BBC Television, London
- Your time was highly appreciated and I'm happy to say that you 'hit the mark'. More importantly, along with the content, your delivery was felt to be highly accessible and applicable. The overall response has been outstanding. Good work Gary!
- Gary was awesome! Picked up on the group dynamic from the outset and pitched perfectly to our needs. Actually exceeded our expectations which is hard to do with the flight centre group. Gary's "Who stole my Mojo" has never been more relevant as it is today in a tough market where belief is paramount. Have recommended Gary to other parts of Flight Centre Limited and will definitely get Gary back to present again to our group.
- Myself and my clients had a great time... a great sucess and 100% tip top professional!
The Cognitive Fitness Consultancy
- Gary's practical emphasis was especially useful. I will certainly be applying some of the techniques as well as recommending future talkfortyfour events to my colleagues.
- In particular we (myself and my colleagues) really enjoyed Gary's sessions and the practical tips to apply in the workplace.
- I've enjoyed listening to Gary before, and this time I thought he was better than ever. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole day…
Use Your Noggin
Topic SynopsesWhat Made You Think Of That?
The secret behind generating great ideas lies in knowing how to tap into the creative talent we all possess.
The What Made You Think of That? session is designed to help challenge the thinking within you, your team and your brand to remove the barriers that are preventing the creation of new ideas within your business.
From the receptionist to the Managing Director, everyone in your business should be encouraged to challenge their current way of thinking to allow the generation of useable, practical and profitable ideas. Learn how to unlock your greatest asset.
If you as a leader are not ready to create a team, company or culture around innovation, then this is a speech that you need to hear.
Every organisation talks about innovation and creativity, but very few know how to do it. Based on content from Gary's book, What Made You Think of That? (Allen & Unwin, 2010), the Leading Innovation session will give you useable, practical and powerful tools to help you unlock the many great ideas that exist within the minds of your team members, but as yet have not seen the light of day. Full of case studies from every industry, in every category, of every size, the Leading Innovation session should be an essential part of every leader's toolbox.
Who Stole My Mojo?
Based on Gary's best-selling book Who Stole My Mojo? (Allen & Unwin, 2011), this session is about introducing simple and easy to implement tips and tools for putting the spark back into your day.
Who Stole My Mojo? will not only help you get the most out of your day both in and out of the workplace, it will also give you the necessary zest and passion to drive you towards your aspirations and goals.
There is no doubt that the pace and degree of life is stealing our mojo. Business is under fire and companies are losing their mojo. This session helps explore how your thinking works to help you be your best and create great ideas. You will walk away with all you need to raise the bar, seize the day and put the mojo back in your day, your team and your company.
Based on his bestselling book The Vibe (Wrightbooks, 2010), Gary illustrates the process of building your brand to make an authentic connection with your customers and clients.
This speech clearly articulates the essential steps required to differentiate your brand in the market. You will have at your disposal a simple and easy to execute model to step you through the necessary procedures to win in this competitive market. It is time to stop wasting valuable cash, time and energy on what we think is marketing, and instead learn what really works.
This full day session is about developing a brand plan to take your business forward.
With more businesses competing for the same dollar in every category, those who are able to master the fundamentals of brand and create a compelling reason for customers to use their product or service over their competitors, are the ones that will thrive and survive. To be able to do this, you must have a plan of attack, which is one of the essential outcomes of this presentation – creating a brand plan that your team can follow when going into battle with your competitors.