Gavin Freeman’s background is diverse as it is unique –He is a fully registered psychologist with over 10 years experience in both the sporting and corporate world. He has held positions of Corporate Senior Psychologist and Director of Human Resources & Learning and Development positions specialising in developing excellence in high performing elite business men and women.
Gavin Freeman was the team psychologist for the Winter Olympic team in Turrino 2006 and 2000 Sydney Paralympic Games. He was also Team Psychologist for the Olympic Archery Team in Sydney 2000. At the professional level he has worked with a variety of athletes from the best sporting leagues around the world including the NBA, WNBA, and PGA, additionally he was the Psychologist for a Team at the 2003 Rugby World Cup.
His book, “The Business Olympian” released in June 2008 captures the lessons learned from elite athletes and how these skills can be easily transferred into the corporate world. Gavin Freeman consults to CEO’s, Managers and Elite Coaches delivering a variety of experiential Performance Mastery Workshops, Leadership Development, Executive Coaching, and Team Building experiences.
He holds a Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Psychology from University of Western Australia, a Master of Psychology from University of Southern Queensland and his MBA is from Deakin.
Gavin is a keen basketballer, albeit suffers from still thinking he is 21. His interests include “playing with technology”, general fitness and most importantly his 2 young children.
Gavin Freeman is currently working on his second book and can usually be heard on one of the business radio shows across Australia. He recently released a monthly podcast on mental toughness, interviewing CEO’s and Executives gaining their perception on mental toughness
This experience was gained in Australia through both in-house and project roles for companies such as:
AirServices Australia, AMP, Photon Group of Companies, JP Morgan, Oracle Energy Australia, Telstra and the NFL.
Client Comments for Gavin Freeman
Gavin Freeman travels from Victoria Australia
- ...a wonderfully engaging presentation that left the team understanding what it takes to be motivated and dedicated to be the best that they can.The fact that Gavin related this through his experience with the sporting world and applied it with such clarity to our investment business only made it the more enjoyable.
- Gavin provided Hudson with an engaging and insightful presentation on two fronts. Firstly a chance to look at the world of sport and athletics from the inside and secondly, an understanding of what business can learn through the lens of sporting success. The clients in attendance were genuinely enthralled by the presentation which was demonstrated by the volume of questions at Q&A and the very positive feedback Hudson received from the event. Gavin's presentation was thought provoking and highly entertaining, we look forward to future events with Gavin.
- As we discussed, the parallels between sporting & corporate teams are often overlooked, but very pragmatic & clear once comparison occurs. I was very impressed with the concise & relevant points in your presentation. Several people in my team also attended & were similarly impressed.
Telstra Corporation Ltd
- Just a quick note to let you know that I enjoyed the session last week - it was good to reinforce a bunch of ideas and strategies that I currently employ. The session was also thought provoking in many ways and I'd like to explore some ideas with my fellow employees.
Rotary Wing Future Projects
- The Local Government Association of Queensland was delighted to contract Mr Gavin Freeman to deliver the closing address at our 2004 Annual Conference in Mackay before some 550 delegates and observers.
Gavin has a warm, friendly and engaging style and made an immediate connection with the audience. He superbly combined expert advice, audience interaction and use of audio-visual technology to completely win over conference goers who were at the end of a long three day event.
His ability to relate complex conceptions performance improvement from the sporting area to the World of business and government was first class. Gavin was formally judged the best speaker by our delegates.
Local Government Association of Queensland
"The service was impeccable."
Subscribe to our newsletter