Gavin is a unique performer, one of the nice guys of Australian media and one of those rare presenters who can be relied upon to do it right the first time. He’s built a career on live to air performance for radio and television broadcasts. Gavin is also one of the few versatile media performers who can provide presence, expertise and confidence backstage from the booth as well as on stage to an audience.
Gavin’s media credits form a long list covering every television network and numerous AM and FM radio stations around Australia. His credit list is several pages long but in a nutshell -his association with Ian Molly Meldrum for 7 years, to over 6 million viewers each Saturday night on Countdown lead to their rating one breakfast show on EON FM. He has hosted his own show on another 10 radio stations across Australia, provided the voice, audience warm-up and presentations for tonight shows, game shows and variety specials around the country. Gavin also hosted the music segment on Hey Hey It’s Saturday prior to Molly Meldrum.
Having one of the most “tuned-into” voices in the country, Gavin has provided the voice for scores of TVC and radio advertising campaigns.
Gavin regularly presents Lotto draws on the Seven Network and is featured in national live sell out tour of The Countdown Spectacular.
Client Comments for Gavin Wood
Gavin Wood travels from Victoria Australia
- Hey stranger…just a quick note to thank you very much for such a terrific job on the COUNTDOWN voice-overs. If our customer feedback reports can be trusted, Australia thanks you!
Not only is the finished product right in line with initial expectations, but the headache free zone surrounding the overall project is largely due to your energy and commitment to the project.
TV1 - Television's Greatest Hits
- As you would be aware, the event was a resounding success and your efforts in the role as Master of Ceremonies was undoubtedly a significant factor in ensuring the night flowed smoothly and that when necessary the attention of the wonderful crowd of over 500 was firstly gained then directed appropriately.
The Victoria Golf Club
- Thank you for letting us rely on you each year. I can't think of a better person to begin our long day, warmly welcoming everyone to what is a very special event.
Channel Seven Melbourne
- Gavin was very good, he has a great voice and a very professional manner of presenting but at the same time comes over as very engaging with his audience with his bright and cheerful manner.
One of the things I liked was the way Gavin could very quickly fill in any
holes in the script as they arose which was needed a few times on Tuesday and did it off the cuff very well indeed.
- On behalf of the MDMC Advisory Board, I would like to thank you for the fantastic job on Friday. Not an easy audience!
Melbourne Direct Marketing Club
- Gavin on behalf of the 7 Network, Cornerbox, Glen Wheatley and John Farnham - thankyou for providing us with a powerful opening for our broadcast of John's Last Time Tour. Yet again you knew exactly what the occasion required and you nailed it in the first take bringing the script to life. As the best known voice in the country and because of your demonstrated support for Australian music over the years, you were the obvious choice. Well will definitely be doing more projects together!
John Farnham's Last Time Tour
"Nina and Tamie are amazing and excellent to work with! I only deal with Nina as I have an excellent rapport with her. I often have marketing calls from other companies but would never work with anyone but Nina."
Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia
Subscribe to our newsletter