George Smilovici is an internationally renowned and loved Australian stand up comedy legend, who has performed in every arena possible, from giant sports stadiums, theatres and concert halls to intimate clubs, TV, film and radio. He has shared the stage with greats like Joe Cocker, Talking Heads, Neil Sedaka, Joan Rivers and many more. His appeal is universal.
Since topping the Australian and NZ music charts and USA comedy charts with his hilarious hit monologue 'I'm Tuff' - a seminal influence on Australian comedy - he's only gotten stronger and funnier.
George was the author of the award-winning 'I'm Cool' Brut Faberge international TV advertising campaign that he also presented on screen. He has also worked on Channel Nine's Wide World of Sports and hosted his own golf series The G-Files on Fox Sports.
George has performed in many overseas markets including London, the US, Malaysia, Indonesia, New Zealand and for the coalition troops in Iraq, Kuwait, Dubai and Qatar. You may have seen him interviewed on CNN or Today Tonight or read about his adventures in The Age and every Aussie national newspaper.
He is one of Australia's most sought after corporate entertainers and MCs because he loves people. An inspirational speaker on a multitude of topics, his passion for making people laugh and feel at ease has ironically provided him with a platform to confront social issues with hysterical abandon. His soulful voice, musical prowess on the guitar and his wide-ranging repertoire from flamenco to jazz make him unique as a comic entertainer.
He's been on every Australian TV show from Hey Hey to Fox Comedy Channel's Stand Up Australia, The Footy Show and 20-1.
You may have also seen him playing straight roles or tough guys such as that of Sam Jenkins on The Nine Network's Rescue Special Ops or Igor Petrov in the feature film Who Pays The Hitman. George's one man show, My Father's Hands which he co-wrote with Mark Winters received great press and acclaim.
George was the only comedian to perform alongside the who's who of Australia's rock industry (Renee Geyer, James Reyne, Doug Parkinson) and many more at Melbourne's Palais Theatre in the charity event The Concert for Max (Merritt). The three-set DVD of that wonderful show and his latest CD release Politically Incorrect are currently available at all good record stores.
When performing in the US, The LA Weekly said: 'The only time we weren't in brakeless paroxysms of laughter was when he played his guitar... stunning.'
In 2012 Los Angeles based film company Quail TV optioned a reality TV series called The Gauntlet which George wrote, as well as producing his own 32 episode comedy TV series for The Optus Sports Weekend called Scoop Smilovici Sports Reporter and writing the Reality Check column for Cafe Society magazine.
You can book George with utter confidence for any function. Performing live is what George Smilovici loves most and so he guarantees you and your clients a show that will resonate and keep you laughing long after his show has ended. He's the comedian that keeps on giving!
Client Comments for George Smilovici
George Smilovici travels from New South Wales Australia
- Thank you for sharing your fun energy and quirky stories on our Saturday night fundraiser for The Healing Voices Choir. Your charisma created a brilliant buzz for the whole evening, and I loved looking around watching friends in the audience losing control of themselves, as they involuntarily laughed out loud! I think I want to watch you do your thing for hours, when's your next gig?
Healing Voices Choir
- Watching George Smilovici perform made me proud to be Australian - he's world class.
John Cornell, Producer, Crocodile Dundee
- We cried tears of joy, he was so funny.
Johnson & Johnson
- The material was fresh and he was funny, very, very funny and had the crowd at Sydney Casino in hysterics all night long.
The Sunday Telegraph
- His lengthy string of one liners on the world being all screwed up is brilliant.
- There is probably no man funnier then Smilovici on the Australian club circuit.
The Courier Mail
- George's humour was right on the money - he set the evening on fire!
Jack Thompson, Actor, Producer, Noosa Film Festival
- George's performance was very professional and enjoyable, his guitar performance was a surprise and very impressive and we enjoyed the positive comments by our audience after his the performance. He did a great job! Keep up the good work!
Water Industry Operators Association of Australia
"You are doing an excellent job."
Subscribe to our newsletter