Got a problem with social media or need some shine added to your online reputation? Gerry McCusker is an internationally acclaimed author of the book Public Relations Disasters and a sought-after media commentator for issues management and reputation crises.
With extensive expertise in leveraging social media, Gerry specialises in online reputation management (ORM). He possesses unparalleled knowledge and experience to assist organisations to be proactive - and precautionary - across social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
He is a persuasive and influential industry voice with the ability to effectively communicate his passion for modern reputation management and is able to bring fresh, creative energy to any public speaking or presentation situation.
An experienced public speaker and presenter, Gerry McCusker is able to capture attention, impart knowledge and maintain audience engagement, and has presented seminars on branding, ORM and PR disasters at conferences in Australia, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuwait, New Zealand and Singapore.
His experience spans diverse industry sectors for clients including BMW, Cabrini Health, Mercer Wealth, MAV, Medtronic, MINI, NAB, Jetstar, New Zealand Racing, South East Water, St John Ambulance, State Trustees and VicRoads.
Client Comments for Gerry McCusker
Gerry McCusker travels from Victoria Australia
- Gerry McCusker is one of the most insightful and extraordinarily entertaining speakers on the practice of public relations that I've ever seen. If I see his name on a speakers list for an event, I will either attend or recommend it to my colleagues and clients.
Edelman Asia Pacific
- Those of you who were lucky enough to witness Gerry McCusker's wonderfully entertaining performance
at Public Relations Institute of Australia's conference in Canberra last October will remember it as one
of the most popular, standing-roomonly presentations at the national conference.
Murdoch University, WA
- Many said he was the highlight of three days of intensive conferencing.
Platinum Group, Dubai UAE
- Even in front of a tough PR audience, Gerry shone with his insightful, pithy and humorous
dissection of our profession. A great way to wrap up a national conference.
Public Relations Institute of Australia
- Gerry injected both great humour and energy into our statewide public affairs forum. He was generous with his time and tailored his presentation squarely at our health oriented audience. As a direct result of Gerry's call to arms, we have established a working group to extend our knowledge of new media in ways that will better meet the challenges of communicating with our stakeholders into the future.
A QLD statewide public affairs forum organiser
- Comments included...
"Funny and informative";
"Outstanding, I didn't want him to stop talking";
"Engaging and experienced";
"Providing the impetus to respond to new media";
"Highlight of the forum";
"Excellent, really hope to implement some of his suggestions";
"Wonderful, opened our eyes";
"Entertaining, could have shown live examples on net";
"Great insights into modern media - generous with his resource"; and
"Excellent, great to have an expert - someone with a wider perspective".
A QLD government department
- Gerry McCusker was the perfect speaker to kick off day two of our conference - after a night out for most of the delegates, a speaker with a presence, humour and a strong message works! Gerry delivered all of that.
PR Institute of New Zealand, Auckland
- Gerry was one of the top scoring speakers at the FroComm PR Summit in Sydney, May 2008. Gerry's style and outgoing personality was a great hit with delegates; as was his knowledge of public affairs and the role of new media in the PR mix. I would recommend Gerry as a keynote speaker for any conference on the topic of PR and/or New Media. Gerry also ran two discussion groups on new media and these too were very popular, confirming Gerry's knowledge of his subject in a more intense 1-on-1 situation.
- Tough-to-Love Brands (and effective communications)
- Blogging for Business
- Online Reputation Management
- PR Disasters
Topic SynopsesTough-to-Love Brands (and effective communications)
Not all brands are created equal (especially on social media). If you work for a government, issues-rich or imposting brand, you’ll love Gerry’s myth-busting presentations around online branding and repute.
PR Disasters author and expert Gerry McCusker now documents and explains the phenomenon of brands we love to hate. Many organisations fool themselves that customers and stakeholders actually value - and so engage fairly - with their brand. Don’t be a fool!
Just ask yourself; does your brand or business:
• prohibit or
If so, there’s a preset repetitional DNA that prejudices how you’re perceived. And also, how people will engage with your brand. McCusker’s fresh perspective on the PR and branding business informs key questions including:
How should tough-to-love brands engage online?
What is the role of an unlovable brand on social channels?
How can these brands better influence perceptions and PR?
How your brand must lose its addiction to soliciting friends, likes and loves.
Gerry McCusker is an IABC, all-star speaker and BS-free voice on corporate communications.
"Tamie and Nina always look after me very well. Good customer service is hard to find these days."
Club Managers Association of Australia
Subscribe to our newsletter