Glenn and Heather
An Australian husband and wife team, Glenn and Heather Singleman jointly hold two astonishing World Records - one for the worlds' highest BASEjump and the other for the highest Wingsuit BASEjump, made from the 6660m Mt Meru in the Indian Himalaya. The latter is the subject of the soon to be released documentary No Ceiling: the BASEClimb 3 Story, described by Dick Smith as 'An absolute masterpiece. Probably the best adventure documentary I have ever seen.'
Their outstanding world record (and world first for women) was the result of six years hard work and an unwavering commitment to their goal. The resulting story and professional presentation is unique in the world. There is no other inspirational presentation like it.
Their run of incredible events continued in 2008, as they travelled 38,000 feet over the Australian outback. They planned to jump out of the balloon at 400kph, weathering temperatures of up to -50 degrees c. However, a problem with the oxygen supply caused Glenn to fall out of the balloon. In spectacular fashion, he recovered to share his experience with rapt audiences.
Dr Glenn Singleman is well known to Australian and international audiences as a speaker and documentary film-maker. He is also a practicing medical doctor. In 1992 he created international headlines with a world record-breaking jump from The Great Trango Tower (6248m) in Pakistan. The film he made - BASEClimb - screened around the world and continues to win awards as one of the best adventure documentaries of all time.
In 1995 an audience member at one of his presentations introduced herself as Heather Swan. She wanted to know more about his philosophy of fearlessness. They married in 1998. Heather was a senior corporate executive with no experience in adventure when she challenged Glenn to teach her to climb, and to BASEjump so they could attempt to break his existing world record together. The result was a six year long odyssey, an enormous challenge beset with heartbreak, profound disappointment and finally triumph.
Their story touches everyone fortunate enough to hear it. It has all the elements of wonderful entertainment - unique images and video and polished presenters - but more than that it teaches in a direct, engaging style the universal principals of peak performance. The emotional attributes every manager is looking to promote in themselves and in their staff. All of this, plus the appeal of a joint presentation from a man and a woman, a husband and wife team with unique achievements.
Heather Swan is the only woman in the world to combine mountaineering and BASEjumping, let alone wingsuit BASEjumping. She is a mother, award winning author and successful businesswoman. Glenn Singleman is a medical professional who can demonstrate with hard science, the benefits of adventure in overcoming our fears. He believes that it is only by overcoming fear that we can achieve our full human potential.
Client Comments for Glenn and Heather Singleman
Glenn and Heather Singleman travels from New South Wales Australia
- We have had fantastic feedback from our advisers saying Glenn and Heather Singleman were truly inspirational!
Colonial First State (Commonwealth Bank)
- …the best presentation I've seen in 25 years of television and thousands of speeches.
ABC's Australian Story
- Breath taking delivery, amazing footage and extremely easily to deal with.
Axis Events Group
- Heather and Glenn Singleman kept our delegates enthralled, entertained and motivated and all done in a very relaxed but professional manner.
- Very well received by the audience.
Australian Institute of Management - NSW
- Superb presentation; presenters focussed well on the journey rather than the outcome. They took the audience into their activities and showed how they achieve.
- Heather and Glenn went well above and beyond what I was expecting. The presentation had everyone on the edge of their seat. It was inspiring, entertaining and motivational - exactly what we requested. They got plenty of laughs out of the audience and even moved a couple of us to tears at one point. This was a truly wonderful experience and I would DEFINITELY recommend booking Heather and Glenn to anyone else wishing to have fabulous entertainment at dinner. Thank you so much.
Topic SynopsesFear (understanding it, understanding its role in limiting performance, health and happiness and tools for overcoming it).
Fear is a sneaky adversary. It can sound so reasonable - that little voice that says, 'You don't really want to do that, it's too risky, you might get hurt, you might embarrass yourself, you might fail. It's not too late to stay here where it's safe.' But we know that little voice is lying. You can do it. You can push the boundaries safely. You can achieve big dreams.
Commitment and Responsibility.
Physical and Mental Fitness.
Coping with Adversity and Successfully Managing Change.