A professional speaker, author, songwriter, radio and television presenter and creator of Dynamic Thinking, Glenn Capelli has delivered a message of creativity, innovation and thinking smarter to audiences around the world. A member of MENSA, Glenn is also a former ‘hobo’ who backpacked his way around the world for seven years, working in a variety of roles including a fish farmer on kibbutz in Israel, a comedian in Los Angeles, a travel writer in Kenya and a summer-camp counsellor in North Carolina.
In 1987 Glenn Capelli was awarded the prestigious Winston Churchill Fellowship, which he used to further his research into better ways of thinking and learning. With a career as a professional speaker for more than twenty years, Glenn Capelli has emerged as an expert educator in Thinking and Learning Skills and has become Australia’s most awarded professional speaker: a two-time state winner of Speaker of the Year, the inaugural Educator of theYear recipient in 2006 and winner of the 2007 Nevin Award – the Australian Professional Speaking Industry’s highest achievement honour.
Glenn Capelli's award winning cable television series Born to Learn aired weekly to an audience of over 26 million households across the USA, while his current program Thinking Caps goes out around Australia on the ABC network each week. His clients range from the most remote outback schools of Australia to the biggest corporate organizations in the world. Glenn uses his unique, involving, humorous and entertaining presentation style to teach audiences to become more flexible thinkers, leaders and life-long learners in today’s crazy, fast paced world.
Client Comments for Glenn Capelli
Glenn Capelli travels from AustraliaAustralia
- I have seen Glenn Capelli in action around the world and in my experience he is the world's best interactive presenter. Glenn has a unique ability to work effectively across a wide variety of cultures.
The Learning Web Ltd.
- Glenn Capelli is a unique educator with messages that can be understood by all. He influences leaders and managers in the most profound ways, especially in the areas of strategic thinking, emotional intelligence and learning strategy.
MMI Insurance Group
- Glenn Capelli was fantastic! Everyone was extremely impressed with him. The best we have seen!
- Glenn Capelli is an extremely knowledgeable and intelligent trainer. His presentation style and personality makes learning interesting and fun.
Commonwealth Bank Australia
- Inspirational Stuff! There is no doubt any group of people, regardless of industry or role, would benefit from this kind of presentation. Glenn delivered a wonderful mix of creativity, motivation and innovation.
The Body Shop
- Excellent information that reached the private and business lives of our guests. Lots of participation, laughing and yelling. Kept them all at full attention. Outstanding, the best we have seen!
Top Traders Retail Conference
- Glenn's two sessions on this day rated higher than any other. Participants especially like the fact that he used humour in his first presentation. He interacted with his audience and also forced them to interact with each other. This however, did not detract from the fact that his presentations were informative and relevant. Some feedback from the day : Provided great opportunity to get to know people that I hadn't met previously. Enthralling speaker, highly animated and engaging.
Very clear presentation and relevant topics for business. Good communication, thought provoking ideas, opportunities to mix with team. 3H's Humility, Health and Humour. Exciting, interesting and interactive session. Key learning's were fundamental to effective work habits. Able to put realism into everything. Glenn's afternoon session was met with the same high level of enthusiasm as his first.
Participants especially liked the fact that Glenn was able to keep them awake in the afternoon by getting them to interact with each other and keep them entertained. Afternoons are a difficult timeslot for keeping people's attention as afternoon "snooze time" hits, but Glenn overcame this very easily. Apart from being made to stay awake, participants overall rated the information as relevant and felt that they were able to take the info and apply it to their own personal and professional situations.
Here are some quotes from the session's feedback form: Taking people out of their comfort zones. Entertaining. Interactive great for straight after lunch. Moved people around to ensure we met new people. Information relevant and easily translated into our personal context. Was good to think about the overall objectives and how these can be delivered. I didn't feel like sleeping at all! Interesting, involved audience and didn't lecture.
Glenn Capelli's audience at this event were very impressed by his presenting ability. Participants particularly rated the way he combined his in-depth knowledge with a fun, creative and informative session. They found Glenn's opening session to be engaging, useful, interactive (both with Glenn and with other participants) and interesting. One element that was noted by several members of Glenn's audience was the fact that he used examples and stories to illustrate his points. This helped people to better understand the points that Glenn was making in this session. Some comments: Very impressed by his manner, knowledge & content. Entertaining, engaging & thought provoking. Lots of useful tips to use in work & life. Relevance for all levels. Applicable to any facet of work. Motivating & rejuvenating. Different media used. Entertaining, using stories to make points; incredible ability to link concepts & illustrate theme; interactive. Reinforced key messages which I can take back to my team. Humour, relevance, simple to understand. Highlighted key points. High on energy levels. Styles of Management & styles of communication. Excellent application ideas - very relevant for when we go back into our business units. Kept us going after lunch! Provocative & evocative. Good stuff! Glenn practices what he preaches. Very interesting & relevant. I really enjoyed & got value out of his presentations. Fun, Fun. Interaction with new people without feeling intimidated. Great examples re familiar vs unfamiliar problem
MLC/National Australia Bank
- Thank you for playing such a big part in the success of our conference. Your knowledge, energy, enthusiasm and humour captivated everyone. All our dealers were able to utilise your messages and went away ideas they could apply to their own businesses, even their personal life. There is no doubt your workshop was one of the highlights of the conference. Our expectations were high and you exceeded them. Sincere thanks
Mobil Oil New Zealand Limited
- Excellent! Outstanding performance. Received the highest rating ever in our post conference survey. Thoroughly engaging, informative and entertaining. Glenn did a fantastic job. This was the first time a speaker has been able to incorporate the conference theme into our message
Tricon Restaurants International - KFC, Pizza Hut
- Dear Glenn, I just wanted to say thank you for your presentation at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, in all the years of me working there I have never felt so positive about who I am and what I do. I believe it is all in the upbringing and I am glad it has taken some one like you, who has no connection with our organisation to beam a new life in our nursing profession. You are truly gifted, I have not felt like this in a long while
Royal Adelaide Hospital
- It was fantastic!! Very enjoyable and informative. Fantastic!! Very motivational, fun, interesting …. Excellent. Great! It was terrific that you related theory – concept – to chunks – to the detail and practicality for our classrooms and lives. Can't wait to try some things. Perfectly geared for teachers. An excellent understanding of the way we learn, dealing with the variety of behaviours in children encountered, and ways to help all children. Presentation was engaging all day. Great day. Invigorating & stimulating. Fun. An excellent seminar interspersed with humour, knowledge, music & songs – the perfect mix for a great day. Fantastic – motivating – practical, interesting, relevant. Thank you. Fantabulous!! Glenn was fascinating to listen to! He was inspiring and thought provoking! Practiced what he preaches!! Included content / presentation to appeal to all learning styles. An excellent seminar. I hope to adopt a few of the techniques especially the positive and negative points of the room. Thanks for a great day! Fantastic – very easy to listen to; great to be reminded of the fundamental basics. Glenn was great – modelled different approaches – very knowledgeable, engaging & fun. Great anecdotes and also great info. I loved the use of signing and also the exploration of words! Great stuff. Music, movement, OHP, pictures, stories, exploration, groups – terrific! Thanks Glenn – this gave me a new slant on things I use in my unit. I really loved the "rooms" and your 5 "alternatives" to the 7 intelligences. Thank you Glenn, the most informative and enjoyable P.D I've EVER been to. Excellent Glenn – inspiring, motivating, rejuvenating, energising. Thank you Glenn for restoring my belief in what I do. You gave me so much to take away and put into practice! Too bad today is a Friday. I'd like to start tomorrow!
Ashton Scholastic National Australian Education
- Really enjoyed your down to earth and inspiring session at our recent Harcourts sales conference. What you presented re learning is dear to my heart and I have introduced accelerated learning into our training culture at Harcourts over the years and I am convinced that this approach works, as seen by our sales results. Cheers Glenn, thank you for an outstanding session.
Harcourts Real Estate NZ
- Excellent - enormously successful - you were voted as the most successful presenter at the conference. 90% of respondents gave you an excellent rating with others rating you extremely good. You certainly achieved what I'd hoped. Many thanks for your efforts.
Advanced Professional Systems Ltd, Auckland
- Glenn presents well… and the content was very applicable to our members.
Auto One Australia Pty Ltd
- Glenn was great, everyone got involved enthusiastically. He moved around the stage really well.
Mortgage Choice Conference
- Emotional Smarts
- How to Spread Ideas - the Culture and Science of Memes and Memetics
- Humour, Communication, Values and Culture
- Learning and Thinking in Smarter Ways
- The Bohemian in Us All – Creativity and Innovation
- The Human Element of Business and Leadership
- Thinking Smarter in a Changing World
- Using More of Your Magic Brain
"A very easy process. Good lead-in service and excellent follow-up."
City of Greater Bendigo
Subscribe to our newsletter