Graeme Joy is one of the most focused, effective and highly ranked motivational speakers in Australasia. He is perhaps best known as joint leader and navigator of the International North Pole Expedition where he became the first Australian to ski to the North Pole. He subsequently ski-sailed alone to the Magnetic North Pole becoming the first and only Australian to do so. He has also led expeditions to Mount Denali in Alaska, Mount Vinson in Antarctica, Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, across the Australian desert, and kayaking in Greenland and Bass Strait.
In his lectures, seminars and training programs Graeme draws striking parallels between success in expeditions and success in business. Few people are better placed to articulate the importance of leadership styles, effective decision-making, winning performance and highly motivated teams.
Graeme's speeches are compelling adventures but they are much more - they contain all essential business principles that are used in any organisation. These include strategic planning, project management, conflict resolution, defining success, personality types and leadership. All of this is geared towards developing what Graeme describes as the High Performance Team.
A qualified facilitator of numerous corporate leadership and team development programmes, Graeme's presentations are always highly praised by clients for their business applicability, take-home value and delivery of their key results. Exciting visuals support Graeme's presentations. Based on client feedback, Graeme Joy consistently rates as one of our top three speakers, a statistic testament to his phenomenal rapport with any manner of audience.
Graeme Joy is much in demand as a keynote, conference or motivational speaker, and equally at home as a teambuilding speaker or facilitator.
Client Comments for Graeme Joy
Graeme Joy travels from Victoria Australia
- Graeme's speech was one of the highlights of our conference. He was excellent, he made himself available to the group to ask questions at the end of the night. He has my highest recommendation.
Metro & Regional Banking Shared Services, ANZ Bank
- Graeme was very good! All the boys found him engaging and entertaining as well as learning about leadership in teams. They loved his stories about his expeditions, they found that very captivating.
- Great session with Graeme. The team found Graeme's story engaging and the observations very practical.
He did a great job of facilitation after the presentation.
Learning and Sales Development Manager, Weir Minerals
- Graeme was a truly captivating speaker - he was extremely entertaining and dynamic. We were all mesmerised.
- He made a wonderful connection with the audience despite difficult audio (that could not be helped because of the acoustics) and we were all very impressed.
Ormond College Student's Club
- Graeme's use of the theoretical constructs we were using (Good to Great, Jim Collins) was very good and his ability to combine his North Pole adventures made it very real for the audience. Graeme was also particularly helpful in other aspects of the Conference and his assistance was appreciated
Barrington Consulting Group
- Graeme had great enthusiasm, high energy and was extremely engaging. The feedback received was excellent. Overall we were very happy with Graeme. His presentation was directly in line with what we were looking for.
Hatch Associates Pty Ltd
- Graeme was so professional from even before he spoke to the conference delegates. He joined our Welcome Reception the evening before and took the opportunity to meet with the CEO and find out more about the conference, the participants and the issues that affect our industry.
After the event, we checked out the room together and he taught me a lot about setting up rooms; just in the little things, like checking the line of sight to the lectern, how the area should look etc and with a few minor adjustments, the place was tweaked and ready for business.
When Graeme did speak, he captivated people. These are big burly wholesalers who don't easily take in information that didn't involve their business directly. Here they were taking in information about how to run a successful team and actually understanding it and nodding, all captivated by these amazing photographs and a story of life and death that touched them.
Graeme set the pace for the conference. We couldn't have chosen better.
Brismark/Brisbane Produce Market
- Graeme Joy and Paula Constant held us captive with their riveting stories and they both received brilliant accolades from all who attended the event.
Mirboo North Primary School
- Extremely motivating way to start our Conference!
Genesys Wealth Advisers Ltd
- Thank you for your inspiring presentation at the EA forum. Since Wednesday I've had quite a few of the EAs email me about how great you were. One of them stated 'Graeme was an absolute joy to listen to and had lots of great ideas'. We all loved the way you added value to your stories with the concepts that we can implement into our public sector lives.
- Graeme was fantastic, he spoke to the audience and hit the mark with what we were trying to achieve.
Orbost Secondary College
- Graeme was personable, clear, and the content of his session was very good.
Warringah Council Learning & Development
- On an unseasonably cool night in April, our Bundoora dealership came alive with excitement for the all new BMW X1. The launch was themed around the four seasons reflecting the spontaneous use of the X1 Sports Activity Vehicle. Guest speaker Graeme Joy, an intrepid outdoor explorer who is the only Australian to ski the North Pole commenced the formalities. His speech was perfectly tied into the outdoor lifestyle branding of the evening. He captivated the audience with the excitement in his voice and projected the passion he had for the great unknown. All our guests on the night were intrigued by his unique story and left the event knowing a little more about the rugged North Pole.
- Thanks very much Graeme, we really enjoyed your presentation. Many people left the room inspired by your story, and inspired to achieve great things at Shine.
- Thanks Graeme, we thought you were great. Our team had a very meaningful discussion about finding our 'North Pole', seeing the end destination and being prepared.
Department of Transport and Main Roads (QLD)
- Great experience and photos to engage the audience. Good linkage between a number of different sources of leadership material and real life experiences. Wanted someone other than business or sports and Graeme certainly filled the bill.
Tatura Milk Industries
- Graeme spent significant time discussing the presentation with me and ensuring it fitted the audience and our needs.
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Thank you, Graeme's talk was wonderful and I have received a lot of positive feedback! I really appreciated Graeme's preparedness to gain a good understanding of the audience prior to his presentation and this ensured it was applicable to the group. Thank you for the handout, I have shared it with the delegates via their Forum website.
Hopefully there will other opportunities to work with Graeme and yourself in the future!
- I have had fantastic feedback from all the staff from his presentation. He is inspirational and so interesting to listen to! Our thanks again to Graham for his time and passion.
Wodonga Family Relationship Centre
- Thank you so much again - the group was really captivated by your experience and many are still discussing the correlations to our current work of it today!
- Graeme's presentation definitely hit the mark. Our team were really engaged and they took some valuable messages on leadership and change from the presentation.
- Graeme Joy was fantastic. The feedback we had from our guests was very positive and everyone walked away feeling inspired. His friendly manner and terrific presentation was an absolute winner and I'd definitely consider Graeme for future events.
Small Business Victoria Dept of Business and Innovation
- Very enthusiastic, interesting story, great slide show.
REST Industry Super
- Great photos and Graeme had the whole audience hooked on the story of his adventure. He was well prepared and linked his experiences to the key messages our company was promoting at the conference.
Veolia Environmental Services
- Excellent, well-tailored to our group and our goals for the day.
Domain Health South Melbourne
- Thank you for your presentation last Thursday. The content was spot on and was presented in a highly engaging and informative way. I got lots of feedback from the team afterwards who were very impressed with both your talk and your adventures.
- Graeme's presentation was an inspiration! His professional approach to the whole weekend was fantastic and much appreciated. A great Australian.
Convention and Incentive Services
- An entertaining yet motivational presentation with an important message for any business. Mr Joy had the audience enthralled throughout his presentation and he was a true pleasure to have as our guest at the convention.
Isuzu - GM, Melbourne
- Graeme's contribution to our conference was memorable - he inspired and motivated everyone. He gauged our company's needs intuitively and focused his presentation so that it was relevant and constructive.
Australian Document Exchange, Melbourne
- Graeme gave a very professional and fascinating presentation. He was able to relate the management principles involved in the Arctic expedition to the business environment. The audience suggested that Graeme was one of the best speakers they had heard.
Trustee Companies Association, Melbourne
- A professional presenter who related well to the audience. Scored 4.84 out of a possible 5 by delegates assembled.
Dept of Treasury & Finance, Adelaide
- Excellent presentation with supportive quality slides. Showed all the benefits we wished to engender regardless of where you are professionally or personally.
- Funny, interesting with a message... the message you provided can help the Tanner Menzies team achieve its goals.
Tanner Menzies, Melbourne
- Not only did Graeme captivate and hold our attention throughout the evening, his energetic, enthusiastic description of his Arctic expedition has us totally amazed.
Uncle Ben's of Australia, Melbourne
- Graeme captured the audience and held them for an entire hour. I would highly recommend him as a corporate speaker.
Advantra Pty Ltd, NSW
- Just wanted to thank you once again for your great presentation this morning. We've just gone through our feedback forms and your presentation rated extremely highly with all our respondents and a large number of them volunteered very positive written comments as well, particularly around how motivating your presentation was and how valuable the high performance team discussion was. So thanks once again for 'hitting the mark' for us.
ANZ Banking Group Ltd
- This is the second time we have engaged Graeme. His dynamic speaking style always energises our management group. I have no doubt we will use Graeme's talent for a third time.
- Delegates of the World Dairy Leaders Conference found Graeme Joy's presentation fascinating and inspiring. His workshop activities were also interesting and a lot of fun.
Best Feed Group Ltd
- Excellent combination of stage presence and audiovisual. The AV was extremely well received. In addition, Graeme had a good feel for the audience.
- Enthusiastic, motivating and inspiring. Great team-work speaker. Stimulating to personal guests.
Inter Staffing Services
- He was very personable, entertaining and included the conference. I would be happy to use him again.
PR Conference Consultants
- Created the platform for our conference and by the amount of discussion that was generated also reached the imagination of a lot of attendees.
- Graeme was excellent, especially the relevance to team development and team member profiles… we were impressed by his credibility, experience and how he could relate it to the business world.
- Graeme's session was great and all the participants really enjoyed it. The content was extremely relevant to our business and since he was narrating his own experience, the impact was tremendous.
We also enjoyed his company during other activities like cruise , site seeing etc over 3 days. I hope he too enjoyed the 3 days in Egypt. Overall it was an apt choice and I must thank you for suggesting Graeme's name.
- Graeme Joy was a great speaker. He was able to keep the audience entertained and informed for the hour speech but provided his time to speak to the guests about his experiences. Well worth the investment.
- Very interesting topic and the comparison back to our business was cleverly done.
- Thanks so much for sharing your time and thoughts with us on the Gold Coast this weekend. It's a rare ability that you have to be able join a bunch of complete strangers and engage with such apparent ease. The presentation was terrific and I heard nothing but positive comments from an audience that's never shy of putting the boot in should the opportunity present. I trust you'll find as you dip into the anthology that many of our members thrive on adventure as much as you do, though not putting our bodies on the line to the same extent….!
I trust our paths will cross and I may well be in touch to do a profile when next I write about the speaker circuit.
Miles Clarke Communications
- Graeme's presentation was dynamic, interesting and well-tailored to suit our theme of teamwork and leadership. His story will never date due to his ability to involve the audience, and arrive at his and their destination together. I would recommend him to everyone.
Port of Melbourne Corporation
- I have known Graeme for quite a few years and am familiar with his work. As always he did not disappoint.
ACT Planning & Land Authority
- Graeme was fantastic for us on the night. His talk targeted the group we had perfectly. He interacted wonderfully with crowd and responded very well to all questions during his presentation. In addition, he remained with us for about an hour afterwards and he slowly worked his way around the room to talk further with our guests. A true professional, whom I would recommend to anyone.
- Graeme took the time to understand the objective of his speech which was broader than just entertainment. There was positive feedback therefore regarding the relevance of the speech to the conference. The speech itself was entertaining and interesting to the group
Idaho Design & Communication
- Graeme spent a great deal of time getting to know exactly what we needed and was able to bring some of the key examples from previous trainings we had into his presentation. The sales team feedback has been very positive, he was bombarded with questions - it was actually difficult for him to get away. Graeme's presentation used real examples as well as the fantastic photos of his and his team expeditions to reinforce the crucial steps in developing a high performing Sanofi-Aventis team.
- Graeme's charisma & lively presentation helped boost our interest and thoughts on goal-setting, even after a day of heavy info-loading. His presentation was very relevant to the theme of our conference and was very well articulated. His delivery style captured the interest of everyone present.
- Graeme was very well received by everyone in the audience. All comments have been favourable, and positive, a great end to the conference.
Master Builders Association
- Good energy... an engaging speaker.
- Achieving Your North Pole
- Corporate Culture - from Good to Great!
- Creating and Developing the High Performance Team
- Leading the High Performance Team
- Managing Risk – a Culture For Success
- Winning Against All Odds
"Fantastic staff, all very friendly and helpful."
Subscribe to our newsletter