Sir Graham Henry KNZM
A five-time IRB Coach of the Year. Sir Graham Henry KNZM coached the All Blacks to victory in the 2011 Rugby World Cup on home soil in New Zealand, the crowning glory of a career that also includes five Tri Nation and three Grand Slam titles. A current assistant coach of the Argentinian national side and mentor for New Zealand's Super Rugby and ITM Cup coaches, Sir Graham first coached the All Blacks in 2004, and went on to lead the team to 88 wins in 103 tests in eight years, a record that places him squarely among the most successful rugby coaches of all time.
Initially a secondary school teacher, Sir Graham taught and coached at Auckland Grammar before being appointed headmaster at Kelston Boys' High. An accomplished rugby player and cricketer, he made his international coaching debut with Wales in 1998, and would later become the first man born outside the Home Nations to coach the British and Irish Lions. In 2012 Sir Graham was honoured for his services to the game when he was made a Knight Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit.
Sir Graham speaks passionately about high performance environments, team culture, motivation, team development and his own experiences. His presentations are readily applicable to the business environment, as well as to the sporting arena.
Client Comments for Graham Henry
Graham Henry travels from New Zealand
- Perfect speaker, his natural passion, authentic style and clear messages were so inspirational.
Sir Graham was OUTSTANDING!
- Some of the comments back
· As an avid All-black rugby fan his story was of high interest but also had relevance to business
· Excellent, nailed the spot with utilising NZ national game as a reference.
· I did not expect him to be as candid and as open - and I thought that he was brilliant.
· the best ive heard him give so far, some good points
· Loved listening to Sir Henry. His story of the part he played in turning the AB's culture around was great. He had to change himself in order for the team to change. I got immense value out of his very motivating presentation.
· Forthright & down to earth, with plenty of humour. A great way to wrap up the day!
· One of the best talks I've heard at any conference.
· Got what I expected and I have been taught and coached by him at Auckland Grammar - he still sounds the same!! Good message about needing to adapt his style etc - very entertaining.
"Trish Stafford is an angel – she goes out of her way to help every time, no matter how small the budget is. An absolute asset to the company and always a pleasure to work with."
Flying Ruby Events
Subscribe to our newsletter