Rev Harlin Butterley
Reverend Harlin Butterley
1923 - 2012
It is with much sadness that we mourn the passing of the Reverend Harlin Butterley.
He passed away peacefully on Friday, 6th January, 2012 at the Vaucluse Gardens Nursing Home.
No, as many people suggested, the Reverend Harlin Butterley was not a hoax character. He was the former Dean of Hobart, and one of the most amusing and engaging speakers in Australia. His wide- ranging experiences gave him a rare insight into people, not to mention a fund of amusing stories to draw upon.
Harlin was featured on 60 Minutes with Mike Munro, a story based on his well earned reputation as one of the most entertaining after dinner speakers in Australia.
Harlin was the dearly loved husband of Judy Butterley (dec), brother of Noreen (dec) and Nigel, father of Simon and Joanna, father-in-law of Karen, and grandfather of Michael, Kate (dec), Nicole, Anita, Claire and David.
We fondly remember Harlin and our thoughts are with his family.
- The Team at Saxton
- Everyone loved him. He was easy to entertain and look after. His feedback of the audience was welcome as well.
Oliver Harkness Promotions
- "His enlightening insight into the clerical profession was both entertaining and
Australian Institute of Building Surveyors
- "An excellent presentation, well delivered …would recommend him for future
IBM Australia, Melbourne
- "One of the most entertaining speakers we've ever had"
Nurserymen’s Association of Victoria
- "In many respects, it was the highlight of the conference".
Arthur Robinson & Hedderwicks, Melbourne
- "Harlin was an excellent choice and delegates found his presentation very
Country Public Libraries Group of Victoria
- "Absolutely fantastic. Everyone was pleased with the Reverend and he'd be my
first choice when looking for an enlightening speaker".
Renmark Paringa Council, SA
- Reverend Butterley's presentation was outstanding. The audience thought that
he was a scream. They were not sure what to expect at first as he confessed
that he did not have a topic. He did not let us down … an extremely charming
Institute of Chartered Accountants, Melbourne
"I liaised with Nina and Tamie and both were incredibly helpful and supportive in our planning process. They were the ones to initiate a lot of contact to make sure that planning was on track and any questions or queries I had were dealt with promptly."
The Association of Independent Schools of NSW Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter