Bestselling author and renowned economic forecaster Harry S. Dent, Jr., has observed economic trends for decades. As he first demonstrated in his bestselling The Great Boom Ahead, he has developed analytical techniques that allow him to predict the impact they will have. His most recent book - The Great Depression Ahead - explains 'The Perfect Storm' as peak oil prices collide with peaking generational spending trends by 2010. More importantly, he shows how the economy's life cycle will affect life, business, and investment strategies throughout a person's lifetime, including career opportunities and children's educational costs. Harry Dent delivers customised presentations that address what these aspects of the economy mean for each specific audience and what solutions are available for a better road ahead.
Harry Dent is the founder and President of the H. S. Foundation whose mission is to help people understand change. Using exciting new research, developed from years of hands-on business experience, Harry Dent offers a refreshingly positive and understandable view of the future.
In his book The Great Boom Ahead, published in 1992, Harry Dent stood virtually alone in accurately forecasting the unanticipated 'boom' of the 1990s. Today he continues to educate audiences about his predictions for the next and possibly last great bull market run into 2005-2009. Since 1992 he has authored two consecutive best sellers: The Roaring 2000s and The Roaring 2000s Investor (Simon and Schuster). In his latest book The Next Great Bubble Boom, Harry Dent offers a comprehensive forecast for the next two decades and explains how fundamental trends suggest that we will see another strong economic decade and how anyone can profit. Harry Dent also publishes the H. S. Dent Forecast newsletter.
Harry Dent received his MBA from Harvard Business School, where he was a Baker Scholar and was elected to the Century Club for leadership excellence. Since 1988 he has been speaking to executives around the world. He has appeared on Good Morning America, PBS, CNBC, CNN/FN, and has been featured in Barron's, Investor's Business Daily, Entrepreneur, Fortune, Success, US News and World Report, Business Week, The Wall Street Journal, American Demographics and Omni.
While at Bain & Company Harry Dent worked as a consultant with several Fortune 100 companies and has been CEO of several entrepreneurial growth companies. Harry Dent is an investment strategist and Managing Director of H.S. Dent Advisors, which acts as a sub-advisor to The AIM/Dent Demographic Trends Fund and as a consultant to The Van Kampen Funds Dent Global Demographics Unit Investment Trust. Harry Dent also provides tactical allocation advice on mutual funds to various investment firms.
Client Comments for Harry S. Dent
Harry S. Dent travels from United States
- I have watched Harry Dent's unique demographic approach to the economy and his forecasts for over 20 years. He has seen most of the key economic changes way ahead of most. In fact, he forecast the current economic crisis 20 years ago! He has spoken at many of my events around the world and has helped many prepare for the unprecedented economic challenges we are facing today. But perhaps the best thing about Harry is his very human, understandable and common sense approach to economics.
- While being one of the most bullish and accurate forecasters for 20 years, Dent has always been warning that this great boom would end around 2008-2009. He now sees a bigger crash ahead and a deflationary environment that could ravage your portfolio. His warnings and predictions are well worth reading and taking seriously.
- 'The Great Crash Ahead' sounds ominous, but it doesn't have to be if you know what factors to look at when making new decisions about your career, your investments and your business model. The old remedies won't work anymore, but visionaries Harry Dent and Rodney Johnson provide their unique insight on how to make your future a prosperous one.
- I have worked with Harry Dent since 1998. He is the only person I have read who makes sense out of why we had the boom in the 1990s and why we won't have it again, possibly for many years. His forecasts should certainly be seriously considered by any advisor or investor. He is an invaluable resource to many of my best clients in financial services.
- I first came across Harry Dent's books in a book warehouse that was selling dated books cheaply. The great thing about reading dated books that make predictions, is that you can instantly verify for yourself whether the author's predictions turned out to be accurate. Well, his predictions speak for themselves, and I have been an ardent follower of Harry's work ever since. Except now I pay full price to read them hot off the press
Dolf de Roos
- Dent is the reigning expert in using sophisticated demographic models to see around the economic corner. He saw the boom of the 1990s and warned that a bust would come in 2008 forward. Now he tells us the worst is not over. Harry makes a clear and compelling case for what could be a tough time ahead.
Robert D. McTeer
"Saxtons provided an excellent service in suggesting potential entertainers for our consideration and liaised with us at appropriate times in lead up to the event. I have recommended your services since the event at least three times. Extremely satisfied."
Fitzroy Basin Association
Subscribe to our newsletter