Buttrose AO OBE
Ita Buttrose AO OBE is a truly exceptional Australian: a legendary media editor, businesswoman, best-selling author, committed community and welfare contributor and 2013 Australian of the Year.
Ita currently co-hosts Studio 10 on Network TEN.
Twice voted Australia's most admired woman, Ita Buttrose was the youngest ever and an unprecedentedly successful Editor of The Australian Women's Weekly, the founding editor of Cleo, the first woman to ever edit a major metropolitan newspaper in Australia as Editor-in-Chief of the Sydney Daily & Sunday Telegraphs, and the first woman director of News Limited. In 2011, Ita's early career was the subject of highly-acclaimed ABC miniseries Paper Giants: The Birth of Cleo.
Ita later founded Capricorn Publishing and The Good Life Publishing Company and created ITA Magazine. She has been involved with publishing work for such clients as David Jones, Telstra and the Australian Tax Office.
Ita Buttrose is the current National Ambassador of Alzheimer's Australia having served as National President from 2011-2014, Patron of the Macular Disease Foundation, and Emeritus Director of Arthritis Australia. She received an AO for her services to the community especially in the field of public health education when she spearheaded Australia's HIV/AIDS Education Program, an OBE for her services to journalism, and a Centenary Medal for business leadership.
A founding member and former president of Chief Executive Women and host of the TEN Network's new morning chat program, Ita has written 11 very successful books including her best-selling autobiography A Passionate Life. In 2014 Sydney's Macquarie University conferred an Honorary Doctor of Letters on Ita in recognition of her contribution to the arts. In 2015, Ita was conferred an Honorary Doctor of Letters by the University of Wollongong, for her contribution to mental health and ageing.
An accomplished communicator with a wealth of experience across a broad range of industry sectors, Ita has worked behind the scenes and in the public eye for major corporates, small business, governments and charity. When she speaks she does so with on-the-job knowledge and experience to deliver a speech that informs, entertains and inspires her audience. Her lively wit is a joy and there is never a dull moment at question time. Not surprisingly she is much in-demand as an entertaining speaker, an accomplished facilitator and a superb master of ceremonies.
Client Comments for Ita Buttrose
- Thank you for being such an integral part of Conrad Treasury celebrations of International Women's Day.
The lunch was a great success that can be attributed to your presence at the event. Many of our guests commented that you were 'a true inspiration', and felt privelaged to be in you company. Your speech beautifully complimented the relaxed feeling of the afternoon and the private and personal moments that you shared were inspirational.
Once again, thank you Ita, you have set a very high standard which we will endeavour to maintain at future International Women's Day events.
Conrad Treasury Brisbane
- Your enthusiasm and willingness to take on the MC role for the night were instrumental to its success and I thank you very much on behalf of everyone who was there.
White City Tennis Club
- The best speaker I've heard.
Toyota Motor Corporation Australia
- Brilliantly researched, poised, eloquent and humorous. No wonder the world warms to her.
- Well prepared, thoroughly entertaining and very relevant to our audience. The feedback has been very positive. Ita is very pleasant to deal with, both before the event and on the night. Can't wait to book her again.
The Newsagents Association of NSW & ACT Inc
- Ita was extremely professional, entertaining and held the audience. She was obviously well prepared and had done some homework on the company and the product.
Sigma Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- I cannot speak highly enough of Ita's approach to the FECCA conference. The manner in which she dealt with some logistical problems was absolutely wonderful. Her paper and her presentation were excellent. All feedback has been very positive.
Ethnic Communities Council of Queensland
- Ita is an excellent speaker and my colleagues were very impressed that she had taken the time to do research on how schools work and statistics. She knew how many director generals we had, etc... my colleagues loved it. She very kindly donated two of her books which we used as lucky door prizes. A wonderful lady with lots of experience in life - my colleagues are using her as their role model now...
Liverpool Public School
- Ita, consistently a true professional. Greatly appreciated her willingness to change schedule at short notice. Ita has unique ability to continuously adapt. Ita brings life, energy and enthusiasm to any event. Extremely knowledgeable of her subject.
Edelman Public Relations Worldwide
- Ita left a lasting impression on the audience with her confidence, humour, and professionalism.
- Ita was so down to earth and had fully researched the topic we gave her. A brilliant performance from a true Australian icon. Feedback from our attendees was extremely complimentary, indicating to us that they thoroughly enjoyed her presentation.
City of Whittlesea
- Ita Buttrose was very well received at each event for the Commonwealth Financial Planning Ongoing Service Briefings! Her presentation was very well suited to the audience and they made comments that she was excellent! I thoroughly enjoyed hearing her presentation!
Colonial First State Investments Ltd
- Great stories and loved that fact that she made her opening of her presentation geared and catered towards the superannuation industry.
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Ita was amazing as always
Australian School of Applied Management
- Ita pitched her presentation perfectly for the audience. She had the audience enthralled - lots of good stories and lots of laughter. Ita received a standing ovation from the audience.
SA Rural Women's Gathering
- Ita Buttrose has a presence that stops the audience in awe. She shows true strength, intelligence and determination.
Event Travel Management
- Ita Buttrose spoke for the second time for us (by popular demand) and not only filled the brief, she exceeded it! Ita had researched the Maroondah area for statistics and other relevant information that she highlighted in her talk. Ita also made time to pre-sign her photos and then signed a large number of her books that were available for purchase. Speaking about women in leadership roles stirred the audience, they were moved, touched and invigorated - they left the room on a high! Thank you again Ita.
Maroondah City Council
- Everyone who attended the event had a great night. Ita really added to the success of the event. Thank you.
Novotel Rooty Hill
- Ms Ita Buttrose was inspirational. Everyone in the audience was impressed with the amount of research on the sports industry she had done and her ability to relate her life and work experiences to members of the audience (CEO and State Sport Board members). Ita delivered her presentation on women in leadership (particularly women on boards) in an informative and motivating way. The evidence in the power of her presentation has been the follow-up feedback by members in the audience and the motivation to support change and engage in strategies and opportunities to increase women's representation in sport leadership positions. Well done Ita.
NSW Education & Communities
- Ita Buttrose was the consummate professional. Her experience and expertise in terms of leadership at a senior level was very much appreciated by our participants in the future leader forum. She was extremely gracious and generous with her time in terms of her relaxed approach with participants who wanted to chat with her. Her stories and experiences were wonderful to hear and the feedback from the group has been exceptional. She's an Australian icon and a truly remarkable business woman.
- Ita did a truly wonderful job. Her choice of material and her delivery were exceptional and she inspired everyone in the room. In fact she gave one of the finest luncheon speeches I have ever heard.
- Ita was a perfect fit for our demographic and delivered a well structured and very thoughtful speech to suit the occasion. She received a standing ovation from our 400 attendees. I believe that her attendance was a highlight of our event and a memory that all delegates will hold dear.
- Ita gave so much of her time, staying to sign autographs and chatting to the audience.
- Your presentation was outstanding and provided the perfect finale for us in 2013. Your ability to cover the breadth of issues such as your life story, leadership, gender issues, community service to being the Australian of the Year was incredible. You are a true star! Thank you for your time and patience with the variety of photos and questions, our members certainly relished in the experience and are still talking about the event.
Committee for Economic Development of Australia (CEDA)
- Thank you so very much for speaking at the REINSW Women in Real Estate Conference - what a fantastic day it was! Your presentation was so motivating and inspiring that you could hear a pin drop in the room as everyone was so very engaged with what you had to share. Your wealth of knowledge, richness of life experiences and humbleness of success was truly amazing and will stay in the memories of our delegates. While they say we are all ordinary people doing extraordinary things, you are an exceptional extraordinary lady and it was a delight and privilege to have you speak. Your words touched so many people and created a memory that will last with them forever as you certainly did for me. Thank you.
Real Estate Institute of New South Wales
- Ita was engaging, humorous and the topic she spoke on fitted in really well with the theme of our day. She mingled with the women attendees, posed for photographs, and was really down to earth and approachable, which is exactly what we needed.
Ballarat & District Division of General Practice
- Ita's profile as our guest speaker encouraged delegates to attend - they went away thrilled to have heard her speak. Ita's presentation was relevant to our audience, full of humour and extremely interesting.
Australian Institute of Office Professionals
- Very engaging and delightful presentation and person.
Photo Marketing Association of Australia
- Ita Buttrose is the most wonderful person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Not only is she brilliant at her job but she has a quality that makes people that meet her feel like they are important and that she really cares about them. I myself feel like I have made a friend and would very much like to have Ita back at the Canberra Club for another appearance in the future. The Canberra Club's Board of Directors, management, staff and guests were honoured to be associated with Ms Ita Buttrose and the club is still receiving rave revues about how fantastic the night was From the first conversation with Ita Buttrose I felt extremely comfortable and relaxed (as if I had know her for years). I cannot explain how proud.
- Ita was very well received by our delegates and their spouses. She covered an array of issues and was fantastic when it came to off the cuff answers during question time. Ita was very accommodating and very easy to deal with.
Worrells Solvency & Forensic Accountants
- Ms Buttrose was excellent, our clients have not stopped raving about the event and Ms Buttrose. Her presentation was excellent, Ms Buttrose went above and beyond what was expected. Absolutley excellent.
- On behalf of ClubsNSW, I would like to genuinely thank you for speaking at our Partners Brunch at our Annual Conference. The feedback received from the partners was extremely positive and showed that the brunch was thoroughly enjoyed by all. You are an inspiration to all women and everyone who attended was delighted to have the opportunity to hear first-hand some of the experiences throughout your career. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to sign our copies of your book and stayed for photos at the conclusion of the brunch. Thank you again for your captivating presentation at the brunch. It was an honour to have you join us for this event.
- I sincerely cannot thank you enough for everything you did this morning, you were so generous with your time with our guests and this is truly appreciated. Your presentation was absolutely perfect with a brilliant mix of your leadership wisdom, the connections you made to Geelong and just the right touch of humour. The responses from our guests have been nothing short of glowing and personally I am still abuzz with the success of the morning. The tweets, texts and emails are streaming in.
Leaders for Geelong
- Ita Buttrose was absolutely brilliant. Very informative and entertaining allowing our clients to have a few laughs was also a highlight. Ita used our theme of the evening - "Life Doesn't Stop at 50!" - and tailored her presentation superbly around this. Our company received many rave reviews from our clients as well as staff who attended.
Portfolio Planning Solutions Ltd
- Ita Buttrose was fantastic! One of the best speakers we have had for our leadership program. You could have heard a pin drop during her presentation, everyone was so attentive and hung on every word. We had fantastic feedback from all who attended.
- Ita Buttrose was the consummate professional speaker as she entertained, informed and charmed her audience during her keynote speech at our annual Big Sky Readers and Writers Festival. I lost count of the amount of people who approached me later to thank me for bringing a speaker of this calibre to Geraldton, Western Australia.
Geraldton Regional Library
- Ita was FANTASTIC! I have never seen one of our guest speakers be mobbed after their address as Ita was. Ita was engaging with our guests, nothing was a problem in regards to people wanting photos with her as well as autographs and just in general people wanting to say hello to her. Thank you so much for getting Ita for us... the feedback has been so positive.
The Radio Sales Network
- A Passionate Life: The Ita Buttrose Story
- Ageing with Attitude: dispelling the myths about getting older
- Brand U: 10 steps to successfully building your personal brand
- Disruptive Innovation: creative thinking and making it happen
- How to successfully turn your business into a customer destination
- Managing for change in today's turbulent environment
- Positive Ageing: growing older with zest
- Resilience and Leadership: you can't have one without the other
- Seven essential qualities of the effective leader
- The 7 simple secrets of successful networking
- The Resilience Factor: why it's crucial for leadership and business success
- Why positively outrageous service continually delivers customers
"Trish and Tamie were extremely efficient and helpful. They identified a short list of potential speakers within hours and confirmed our choice within two hours of our decision. We were very impressed as we were working on a very tight time frame. Our dealings with Saxton's happened so effortlessly and quickly that it is difficult to put my finger any areas for improvement."
Subscribe to our newsletter