Dr James Chin Moody
A leading thinker in innovation and sustainability, James Chin Moody is an outstanding communicator, academic and business professional.
James is the Chief Executive Officer of TuShare, a company with a vision of creating the world's largest community of sharers, helping things to reach their full lifespan. He is also CEO of Sendle, a delivery business that has disrupted the postal industry. He was previously Executive Director, Development at Australia's national research agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), one of the world's largest and most diverse global research organisations.
With a compelling view of the future ahead of us, James is the co-author of the best-selling book The Sixth Wave: How to Succeed in a Resource Limited World. He is also passionate about science communication and from 2004 to 2011 was a regular panellist on the ABC TV television program The New Inventors.
James sits on the Advisory Council of the Australian Bureau of Statistics, is a World Economic Forum Young Global Leader, sits on the Global Citizenship Panel for GE, and is the vice-chair of the forum's Global Agenda Council on the Intellectual Property System.
In 2005 James was chosen by Engineers Australia as one of the top 100 most influential engineers in Australia and in 2007 named by Boss Magazine as one of their young executives of the year. In 2000, he was named Young Professional Engineer of the Year and Young Queenslander of the Year and the following year he was awarded Young Australian of the Year in Science and Technology.
An engineer by training, James received his PhD in innovation theory from the Australian National University and was also a chief systems engineer for FedSat, the first Australian satellite to be launched in 30 years. Through his addresses to audiences, he shares his insights into technology, science, innovation and sustainability. He keeps crowds rapt, drawing on his wealth of experience and practical insight.
Client Comments for James Chin Moody
James Chin Moody travels from New South Wales Australia
- "What an incredible young man" - The words on many lips after hearing James speak at our recent business seminar. James brief overview of history through to his thoughts of where we are heading in the future was entertaining, thought provoking and challenging. He revelled in the question time drawing on a wide range of quotes from past world leaders to demonstrate a point or support his arguments. Now we wait to see if his thoughts on the future trends are as close to the mark as his recall of history!
Diane North, Executive Officer
Association of Consulting Surveyors NSW INC
Diane North, Executive Officer
- James was a good fit for our organisation. His speech was passionate, informative and thought provoking.
Toyota Australia Limited
- His preparation for the speech was excellent. It was just right for the audience, who thought he was great.
Macquarie Institute for Innovation
- James was a delight - the plenary in which he was the central panellist was considered one of the best in several years for our annual convention. He met his part of the session aims in an exemplary and enthusiastic way - and was most conscious of meeting our expectations in the process. He is an accomplished, highly intelligent and warm individual who, from a personal perspective, was a great pleasure to meet.
WA Local Government Association
- Working with James was an absolute pleasure. He grabbed onto our objectives for our Professional Development session quickly and made excellent suggestions that improved its overall impact. James describes himself as a 'nerd', however to go with his 'nerdiness' he has excellent interpersonal skills that engaged our people making the session, technically, academically and personally the best professional development session we have run to date. James had an incredible impact upon the attendees and feedback was absolutely terrific. I've included a sample of comments I've received below...
- Just a quick note to say thanks for the session on innovation today.
- Hands down that was one of the best presentations I have ever witnessed.
- The content was really thought provoking.
- I loved it!
- James was engaging, authentic and highly knowledgeable about his topic.
- Global Megatrends and the Circular Economy
- How to Succeed in a World of Limited Resources
- The Next Wave of Innovation
"Wouldn't change a thing, your service and follow up service is great."
Goodman Fielder Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter