Jane Hall is a high achiever in every sense, with a PhD in Marine Ecology, a former Director of CleanUp Australia and 13 World Titles in Paddlesport. (kayak, racing ski, outrigger canoe).
Jane has also been described as 'the world's most accomplished female expedition racer’. In captaining 'Team Aussie' to repeated success in the EcoChallenge and other Adventure Races, she has succeeded in events which have even beaten the world's greatest living adventurer, Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Everest climbers and champion Ironman Triathletes.
Adventure racing is a highly competitive sport where international teams pit themselves not only against each other, but also against the environment. Jane has successfully raced through some of the toughest terrain in the world, including the deserts and mountains of Morocco, glacial mountains of British Columbia, the shadow of Everest through Tibet and Nepal, and the diverse environments of our own far North Queensland.
The races are ultra marathons, with distances ranging from 500 km to more than 800 km, racing over 5- 8 days non-stop and in some events, to altitudes of over 5,000 m – the equivalent of Everest base camp. Teams of 4 must race day and night with minimal sleep, travelling on foot, by mountain bike, sea kayak, climbing, abseiling and horseback riding.
Athletes may go through the physical punishment of racing from sea level to 4,000 feet overnight, from minus 20 degrees to plus 40, the mental struggle of racing six days on just seven hours sleep, and the emotional turmoil of pushing not only themselves through the hard parts, but helping team mates through their own barriers.
What she can share with you is her principles for success. With her funny and inspiring tales from adventure racing, Jane has motivated and inspired Australians from all backgrounds and ages to step
out of their comfort zones and dare to achieve the seemingly impossible.
Jane says, 'success comes through effective leadership, an understanding of the team, personal motivation, and responsible risk taking which involves both flexibility and commitment”.
With a background in government and private enterprise, Jane has first hand experience in relating these principles to business and other organizations.
Client Comments for Jane Hall
Jane Hall travels from New South Wales Australia
- Your talk was truly exceptional – and something we will all remember… The messages were indeed tailor-made for our conference!
- Your presentation made a big impact on everyone. The messages you gave certainly got through and it was due to your highly 'visual' anecdotes so humorously described
Australian Pacific Projects
- The competent, friendly and professional manner of your presentation together with the information shared was an inspiration to all who attended.
NSW Spokeswomen’s Program, Premiers Department
- Your inspiring story and lessons learned were the standout highlights of our conference. Thanks again for making it a huge success.
Carlson Hotels Asia Pacific
- Jane was absolutely wonderful, inspiring - the perfect person for what we wanted to achieve.
Allens Arthur Robinson
- Best speaker we've ever had, so motivating and inspirational.
Panthers Entertainment Group
- Every time I hear Jane speak, I am inspired.
CEO, CleanUp Australia and CleanUp the World
- Ideas you can adapt to all areas of your life.
Department of Land and Water Conservation
- A remarkable and inspiring story with take away ideas to put in place. My sales team were totally inspired.
National Marketing Manager, Software Spectrum
- Jane was incredibly inspirational and I have heard nothing but absolute praise from everyone who was lucky enough to see her present. She understood the context and purpose of what we were trying to achieve.
- Thanks very much for your contribution to the Eraring Energy Safety Conference last week. I appreciated that you took the brief and hit every point we discussed. Your personal impact was terrific, all participants were very engaged, and, if your ears were still burning the next day its because we were still talking about you. It was an absolute delight to meet you, and a greater delight to be in your audience.
- Jane Hall, although a last minute inclusion in our program, as our first on stage presenter, set the tone and energy for the rest of the convention. The messages that were communicated about leadership we perfectly in sync with the presentation by the senior AMP leaders that proceeded her. Jane is the consummate professional. Her confident and articulate style of presentation really engaged the audience who rated her highly as a speaker. Jane was a joy to work with and for any conference organiser, she really is someone you can just plug and play - she's that good.
Australian Business Theatre
"Always a pleasure to work with the Saxton's team. I think the service is outstanding."
Subscribe to our newsletter