Jason Taylor has experienced a career of many highlights and many disappointments but says he wouldn't change a thing. The tough times made the successes that much more enjoyable.
A veteran of 12 seasons, and holding a career that has included 276 first grade games across four clubs, (Western Suburbs, North Sydney, Northern Eagles and the Parramatta Eels), Jason retired at 30, after the 2001 Grand Final whilst holding the title of the highest pointscorer in the history of Rugby League.
Now, 2006 beckons to be just as exciting for Jason Taylor as he has recently been appointed coach of his beloved Parramatta Eels. Since retiring, as well as enhancing his media profile with Channel Nine and their rugby league coverage, he has been honing his coaching skills. As a result, his appointment from assistant to head coach has given this gifted player a chance to demonstrate that his talents can grow from star player to head coach.
He is now regularly booked as an MC for award presentations and product launches. In his keynote presentation Jason draws on personal experiences and observations from his sporting career while speaking with humour and feeling.
Jason Taylor was the Western Suburbs Rookie of the Year in 1990 moving to Player of the Year in 1991 and played for NSW in the State of Origin team in 1993. Moving to the North Sydney Bears in 1994, Jason went on to become North's Player of the Year two years in row and won the prestigious Rothmans Medal for the best and fairest player in the ARL competition. In 1998 he received the Dally M Captain of the Year Award.
Jason broke both the goal kicking and point scoring records at North's as well as setting a new mark for consecutive first grade matches, playing 194 games in succession, missing only two games through injury, in his twelve year career.
At Parramatta, Jason not only broke the NRL all time pointscoring record but also broke Mick Cronin's record of the most goals scored by an individual. Jason's 2001 team set a new record for the most points scored by a team in one season and they also won the Ken Stephens Award for service to the games both on and off the field. Parramatta Chief Executive, Denis Fitzgerald at the Parramatta presentation night, described Jason Taylor as the most professional player he had seen in 17 years at the helm. In season 2001 he became the highest point scorer of any player in the history of rugby league.
Stepping from key player to coach, he is the current coach of the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
Client Comments for Jason Taylor
Jason Taylor travels from New South Wales Australia
- Jason gave a relaxed and well presented talk and encouraged audience participation which went over well.
- For an entertaining function, Billy Moore and Jason Taylor provided just the ticket. Well dressed, well spoken and terrific blokes to boot. Thoroughly enjoyable and made our Celebrity Luncheon a satisfying day for all concerned.
Blacktown Workers Club Limited
- Your role as Master of Ceremonies in the Legends Room was greeted with universal praise, and added significantly to the enjoyment of the evening.
National Rugby League Limited
- You did an exceptional job. Your presentation was flawless and a highlight of the launch. Even though you were only allowed a very limited preparation time, you were very polished in your delivery and related a real belief in what you were saying.
- Thanks for being with us at the Franchise meeting. It is no surprise to me why you are so successful at your career. Your 8 all with 2 minutes to go will stay with me forever.
Bob Jane T-Mart
- Thank you very much for being our special guest at Chairman's Club. I thought your interview with John Stanley was fantastic – both informative and amusing.
QBE Sydney Swans
- Thank you for you contribution as Master of Ceremonies to our recently fundraising event for the Westmead Children's hospital. The night was a great success thanks largely to your attendance and for the excellent job you did as MC.
- Thank you for your inspirational talk at our recent sales meeting. Whilst we regularly dedicate time on our agenda for a guest speaker, the topic has traditionally been devoted to industry related discussion. This is the first time we have had a presentation from a high profile personality, and judging from the way our guys left the meeting buzzing, it is something we will repeat. I felt that the analogies you used were entirely appropriate for our business. In particular, the words 'sacrifice' and 'professionalism', I am sure will continue to echo in the minds of our team. Furthermore, your words were reinforced by your actions, as it was evident that you had put significant preparation into your presentation.
Swift & Moore
"Caroline was always available to answer any queries we had, both efficiently and courteously. Excellent customer service. Keep up the good work!"
Subscribe to our newsletter