Dual Olympic gold medallist Jenn Morris represented Australia in hockey from 1991 to 2000, playing 150 games for her country and scoring 86 goals. She was one of the original players from the Ric Charlesworth era which remained undefeated in major tournaments for almost a decade. Jenn was one of the senior members of the team and shared the captaincy of the Hockeyroos during her entire career.
She was described by Ric Charlesworth in his book The Coach - Managing for Success as the 'best player in the world in her position, and also the most resilient', a resiliency underpinned by her determination to make the Olympic team in 2000 after spending two and a half years on the injured list following complications arising from a knee reconstruction. This was Jenn's second knee re-construction, her first in 1991 effectively ruling her out of the Barcelona Olympics the following year.
Jenn Morris sealed the gold medal at the Sydney Olympics for Australia in great style, scoring the final goal to claim victory in what was her 150th and final game of her distinguished career.
Jenn now works with leading international professional services firm Deloitte as Director of their Consulting Division, is the immediate past Chairwoman of Healthway WA (Western Australian Government Health Promotion Authority), and a board member of Western Australian Institute of Sport and Fremantle Football Club (Dockers). She is also an expert commentator for the ABC during major hockey events, member of the Industry Strategic Reference Group for the Western Australian Government's Department of Sport & Recreation, Patron of Ford Ladies Corporate Golf Club (with a golf handicap of six), and in 2007 was named Deloitte's National Deloitte Businesswoman of the Year.
Jenn holds a Bachelor of Arts with majors in Psychology and Journalism from Curtin Unversity of WA and is currently enrolled in Curtin's MBA program at the Graduate School of Business.
A naturally charismatic communicator, Jenn draws on the potent parallels between sport and business in order to reveal the common values and attitudes required for success. She regularly addresses events for corporate clients such as ANZ Bank, Commonwealth Bank, AMP, McDonalds Australia, Automotive Holdings Group - Holden Australia, Financial Planners' Association of WA, AON Health Risk Insurance Services, National Nine Network, BankWest, General DataCom, and many others.
Client Comments for Jenn Morris
Jenn Morris travels from Western Australia Australia
- Excellent presentation for our Senior Executive Forum. Jenny's speech encompassed a real depth of knowledge on leadership and teamwork from both a business and sporting perspective. She tailored her speech to our exact brief. We have since rebooked Jenny for a future forum.
- Jenn was great in catching and holding the attention of a 350 plus crowd at a cocktail style function. Her speech was relevant, motivating and very entertaining. Her great personality really shone through.
Shearmans Public Relations
- Jenn was excellent. Her speech was relevant, interesting and delivered with a great sense of humour. We will definitely be rebooking Jenn for future events.
Macmahon Holdings Ltd
- Jenn was particularly engaging and her style of delivery suited our event very well.
Jackson McDonald Lawyers
- Many Town of Kwinana staff have provided extremely positive feedback regarding Jenn's presentation for our Staff Summit. Her speech was well targeted, humorous and informative. Her DVD was also excellent. Excellent.
Town of Kwinana
Topic SynopsesCreating a Leaderful Team
This presentation encompasses training and work ethic, continuous learning, growth through adversity, common goals, flexibility, breadth of leadership, honesty and humility, what the Hockeyroos can teach business, core values of a champion team and dealing with change.
"Emma is a delight to work with. She has taken the time to understand our business and as a result is very responsive to our requests for speakers and matching the right person to our many events."
Subscribe to our newsletter