Jodie Fox is the Chief Creative Officer and one of three co-founders of Shoes of Prey, a website where women can design their perfect pair of shoes.
Launched in 2009, Shoes of Prey was the first company to offer women the opportunity to design their own shoes online, breaking even within two months and hitting multi-million dollar revenues within two years. Today Shoes of Prey is a global multi-million dollar company with a syndicate of influential investors including Techcrunch founder Mike Arrington.
Jodie Fox was named National Telstra Businesswoman of the year, private and corporate, in 2011, and has been named in SmartCompany's Hot 30 Under 30 for the past three years. In 2013, Shoes of Prey's first store won Store Design of The Year (less than 1200sqm) at the World Retail Awards; also in competition were Karl Lagerfeld with his concept store in Paris, and Puma's Osaka flagship store.
The shape and flavour that Jodie brings to Shoes of Prey is borne out of a career with one of Australia's leading advertising agencies. Jodie also spent a number of years as a practising banking and finance lawyer with Australian law firm Ashurst. It was at law school that she met fellow Shoes of Prey co-founders Michael Fox and Michael Knapp.
Client Comments for Jodie Fox
- Jodie was absolutely fantastic. She engaged with our audience, gave a great presentation she is the total package and we would bring her back anytime.
Central Coast Business Enterprise Centre BEC
- Agile: Why you have to do everything before you are ready
- How to deal with failure and how to properly assess its possibility so it doesn't become a barrier to moving forward
- How to make the change from a traditional career to your dream career
- Innovation: What it is, how to foster it
- Retail: Clicks to bricks, multichannel retailing, the future of retail
- Stopping expertise from getting in the way of a good idea
- Technology and how to use it to optimise disruption
- The personal journey of an entrepreneur: The truth as nobody tells it
- Women in business
"Carol and Tamie are the best people to work with on speaker engagements – can't get any better than them!"
People's Choice Credit Union
Subscribe to our newsletter