John Blackman is one of the most visible and successful personalities in Australian radio and television.
In a show business career spanning nearly 40 years, he has achieved enormous recognition, due (in no small way) to the 28 years he spent with Daryl Somers in the pivotal role as the voice of Dickie Knee and numerous other characters (including himself) behind Australia's longest running variety show Hey Hey It's Saturday.
John has also appeared on many television shows including: Paul Hogan Show, Holiday Island, Personality Squares, Blankety Blanks, Family Feud, Daryl Somers Show – just to mention a few.
John has also had vast radio experience starting out at 2GN Goulburn back in 1969 and hosting numerous radio shows ever since, including topping the ratings for five years on 3AW Breakfast from 1981 to 1986.
He has also hosted Breakfast shows on 3AK, 3UZ and, most recently, MMM in Adelaide.
John has also published several books through Pan Macmillan Australia – including: “Aussie Gags”, released in August 1998 and went into its third reprint just 6 weeks after publication, “More Aussie Gags”, “Don’t Come The Raw Prawn”, “Best Of Aussie Slang”, “Aussie Slang Dictionary” and the “Dickie Knee Bumper Comic Book”
His wife Cecile is a highly regarded children’s animation producer with a multi-million dollar series, “Moonsurfers” about to go into production in the latter part of 2008.
Recognised for his versatility as the 'master of the one-liner', John is now in constant demand as compere/host for conferences, awards nights and a many formal and social occasions.
His humour is droll, spontaneous, mischievous and laconic but never offensive.
It is John Blackman's familiarity and excellent rapport with his audiences that have made him one of the most sought after personalities on the Australian corporate scene.
Client Comments for John Blackman
John Blackman travels from Victoria Australia
- John was very professional and kept the audience well entertained.
Golf Tourism Australia
- Many thanks for the great work as MC for our Awards Dinner... I particularly enjoyed the way you were able to include our dignitaries, guests and qualifiers within your presentation. I felt the time and effort you put in, constructing your monologue and introductions were rewarded enormously with the warm and grateful appreciation of the audience. The evening was a great success and everyone had a fabulous time. This was due in a very large part to the mood you created.
Corporate Superannuation Relationships Manager
- John was very engaging with the audience, he was more than happy [to stay] for lots of photo opportunities.
Brimbank City Council
- John was very well suited for our golf event dinner. A very funny and nice gentlemen.
- John Blackman is an integral part of our conference, not only as an MC, but he also participates in all of our activities and events.
Leagues Clubs Australia
- John was amazing and is a fantastic source of entertainment for any event! Great to work with, he really made the night.
Franklin Web Printing Group
"Tamie and Trish: The A team. I would recommend Saxton without hesitation - I do not go anywhere else."
Flying Ruby Events
Subscribe to our newsletter