John Anderson is one of the most inspirational business speakers in Australasia. His story is unique with so many lessons for anyone in business.
At the age of 22 John left New Zealand for England for a one-year trip overseas. He returned 20 years later with a wife, four children and international tourism business Contiki Holidays.
With just 25 pounds in his pocket he found a way to not only see Europe, but start his own business - Contiki Holidays. When John sold the company a few years ago, it was, and remains an international brand-name and one of the world's major tour operators (the largest catering specifically for the 18-35 year old market). The Company currently carries over 100,000 passengers a year. To date around 1.8 million young people have taken a Contiki tour (including 920,000 Australians!) When John eventually returned to New Zealand, he continued to run the Contiki Group, and built and operated two resort hotels, one in Queenstown, New Zealand and the other in Queensland, Australia.
Subsequently as a member of the Auckland Rotary Club, he conceived the idea of The Ellerslie Flower Show which is now firmly established as the largest event of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. John traveled to London and met the Chelsea Flower Show organisation who assisted him with the development of the New Zealand show. He was the inaugural CEO with the event attracting over 100,000 visitors in its first year!
In addition to giving motivational and inspirational business presentations on the professional speaking circuit, he is the author of Only Two Seats Left: The Incredible Contiki Story and recently started a new company offering holidays for the over 45s!
John tells the incredible story of how he, together with a small group of other young New Zealanders and Australians developed a simple idea, 25 pounds, and a belief in himself and others into one of the world's major tour operators and an international 'brand' name and an icon in Australia.
The story is packed full of anecdotes with personal and business messages. It is told by the company's founder with passion, emotion and humour. It is inspirational, motivational - unique!
John's story is highly motivational and he adapts it to suit any type of event or audience.
Client Comments for John D Anderson
- John Anderson was a delightful, thoughtful and emotional speaker who had the audience at 'Hello, my name is John Anderson.' He took the audience through the highs and lows of starting his company, his passion for his staff and passengers constantly held in high regard and clearly evident. He engaged the audience throughout his presentation with his slides showing the progress from a little red combi to the 'state of the art' buses that 'put Contiki on the map'. Given 25 pounds could you turn it into a multinational company?
Maroondah City Council
- John Anderson was absolutely fantastic, a true inspiration and he did a fantastic job. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed his story and he tells it in a humorous way but is also motivational and inspiring at the same time. I've seen him speak a few times now and he never fails to entertain me, and his story obviously moves him every time he speaks, which is fantastic. Would definitely recommend John to anyone as a fantastic speaker.
Spectacular World Travel
- John's speaking session was very well received. He's the best motivational speaker we've had in the last three years. He's also very easy to work with. It has been an absolute pleasure working with him. Highly recommended.
Schneider Electric - APC
- John Anderson blew everyone away. He's great, gave it everything, and everyone had tears in their eyes. He understood the brief perfectly and his presentation was spot on the objective.
- Heartfelt and emotional, John Anderson touched people, connected with the audience and received a standing ovation. People swarmed him afterwards. Genuine, passionate, we loved him.
Tourism New Zealand
- John Anderson was extremely well received, did his research and fine-tuned his address which had tremendous relevance and delivered powerful messages to a diverse mix of professionals and academics.
- Excellent, amazing, very personable and sincere, John Anderson was the star of the whole conference.
NZ Motor Trade Association
- John Anderson far exceeded our expectations. Very inspiring, emotional, humorous - just one fabulous story!
First National Real Estate Australia
- John Anderson was absolutely awesome! So interesting watching the body language of the audience as he spoke and then afterwards how they could not stop talking about him - such a vibrant person.
PlaceMakers New Zealand
- The feedback we have received about your presentation, your delivery, your enthusiasm, your passion has been phenomenal! The impact you made on our people was immediate and long lasting. So many commented you were the most memorable speaker they have heard in years
Century 21 Australia
- An entrepreneurial super star! Arguably New Zealand's best and most successful entrepreneur, John Anderson wowed his audience as the School of Business's Distinguished Speaker of the Year.
University of Otago
- John Anderson was a fantastic speaker, very generous with his time and talking with different staff before and after the event. He was a great hit with everyone.
Banyule City Council
- John Anderson was fabulous, very relevant and emotionally attached to his subject which is vital when speaking to a family company. He was by far one of the best speakers we have had.
De Bortoli Wines
- John Anderson was very well received. A lot of information, humour, emotions. Great feedback received.
- Believing in yourself & staff
- International business
- Quality & Service
- Risk taking and challenges
- Sales & Marketing
- Setting goals and achieving them
- Working as a team
"Excellent communication and support. We renegotiated the performances and costs twice and were treated with professionalism, courtesy and respect every time."
Subscribe to our newsletter