For the past 21 years John Fleming worked as part of the internationally acclaimed comedy group Scared Weird Little Guys. As part of the group John won numerous awards including an ARIA award and a Moe award. The Scaredies consistently delivered a reliable corporate product and, as they disbanded mid-2011, John has been evolving his new act.
John is a highly experienced solo presenter and performer with over two decades of acclaimed work on TV, radio, live shows and corporate work both in Australia and overseas. He has hosted on many stages including MCing the Melbourne International Arts Festival main stage at Federation Square stage in 2004, and the Moomba Birdman rally in 2010. He has also MCed many corporate events with the Scared Weird Little Guys.
As a host or MC John is a clear and accurate presenter with the smarts to fill or tighten where necessary to keep the flow and energy of a presentation right. He sings and plays guitar and piano giving him the ability to deliver a corporate message or get the point across in a fresh and meaningful way.
In an entertainment spot John presents a variety of musical styles tailored to the demographic of the audience even featuring adapted lyrics or original tailored songs if required. Spots can range from 10 minutes up to 30 minutes. Some incidental comedy could be part of what is a mainly musical show.
John can perform solo, however he also has access to small accompanying groups through medium sized rock bands all the way up to a full big band or orchestra, depending on the scale and budget of the event.
What makes John Fleming stand out?
- John's experience in liaising with event organisers and clients makes putting that aspect of the function together a breeze.
- John has enormous experience in reading a crowd, be it an intimate gathering or a large plenary session
- John has the ability to compose entirely original musical works for your event. Deliver a message or poke fun at an audience.
- John's improvisation skills mean he is flexible and adaptive and his easy style makes the whole function run smoothly and efficiently.
Client Comments for John Fleming
John Fleming travels from Victoria Australia
- I would just like to say thank you for putting on an amazing show with limited time and information given. Everyone had a wonderful time and enjoyed themselves.
A. H. Beard
- John is an absolute pleasure to work with. It is obvious he puts in a lot of effort pre-event. His research into our industry and the particular regions our awards were held in was outstanding and added to his performance on the night. His energy and enthusiasm engaged the audience right from the start. We have had such positive feedback. He is a true professional and we would most certainly work with him again on future events!
Master Builders Association Of Victoria
- John's preparation and his natural humour kept everyone enjoying the night. He finished with a song that left everyone on a high. I would highly recommend John for your next event to add some fun and professionalism.
National Stroke Foundation
- Thanks so much for your hard work and commitment to our event. You were a great MC! We will definitely be in touch for future events.
Alloys IT Distributors
- Really appreciate the way you compered and kept the night moving along.
"Working with Trish, Tamie and the team is always a pleasure. I had a family crisis and everyone pulled together to help me with my events. Thanks so much!"
Subscribe to our newsletter