John Lees is one of the most versatile presenters in corporate Australia - he provides an invaluable mix of business wisdom, effective strategy and humour. He is also equally at home as a most polished and entertaining master of ceremonies. As a sales and marketing specialist, John Lees knows the proven strategies for successful results. With a range of conference presentations John Lees is an original, highly motivational, humorous and entertaining speaker. But most importantly, his presentations are full of practical knowledge and advice.
John Lees has a commitment to achieving profitable sales progress and so relates to audiences with the same aim. Senior managers, sales teams both small and large, customers, franchisees, agents, association executives, have all benefited from John Lees’ expertise.
A wealth of experience is available to all those who hear John Lees speak. He was a senior marketing and sales executive for Schwarzkopf, first in Australia and NZ, and then on an international basis, and has written 11 books on business development. John Lees’ special qualities as a trainer and motivator are evident - many progressive product and service companies have asked him to remain as consultant after hearing his addresses. Telstra, IBM, McDonalds, AMP, and leading accounting firms are among those vying for his input on sales development.
John Lees is a unique communicator, and being both a professional speaker as well as a humorist, he is effective and entertaining as a master of ceremonies or as an after-dinner presenter. John Lees is skilled at tailoring his talk to suit both the audience and a company's objectives.
Client Comments for John Lees
John Lees travels from United States
- John and his presentation will be talked about and analysed for quite sometime, so valuable and relevant was his message. The De Bortoli family could not speak highly enough of his impact, presented in such a humorous and enlightening way, on the company's sales force.
De Bortoli Wines
- John's session was an extremely relevant, practical guide to great sales behaviour. It was easy to follow and adopt, delivered with a great mix of content and humour.
ANZ Funds Management
- Your hard work in producing and delivering what was undoubtedly the best-received speech of the day is greatly appreciated.
- John pushed and stretched my sales staff to be where they should be.
- John was rated the best speaker in our audience survey; he was thoroughly entertaining whilst driving home our key messages with a great deal of credibility and knowledge.
IBM Global Services
- Just a short note to congratulate you on a masterful performance last Thursday evening; the feedback I received the following day was very positive and the message you left was not only inspiring but also very consistent with the objectives and business direction we are pursuing.
- The positive feedback about your after-dinner talk continues to pour in, with the most frequent comment being 'the best I've heard in a long time.'
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Extremely entertaining, relevant and just what was needed after a long day of workshops.
- It has been almost three months since our annual sales conference and still the positive comments keep coming in about your performance as master of ceremonies. Our advisors have had the opportunity to see and hear many professional MCs over the last couple of decades and not one has recorded the outstanding post-conference survey results given to you.
- John Lees offers a unique talent and relaxed style as an MC, and it was as relevant to the main plenary session as it was to his own workshop and the awards evening for some 250 people. John exceeded our expectations as an MC, and leaves us with great memories as a key ingredient to a highly successful conference.
Hillross Financial Services
- Thank you for being such a wonderful Master of Ceremonies and ensuring the success of the Guardian conference. You were magnificent!
Guardian Pharmacy Group
- Once again John gave value beyond the call of duty as our MC and key speaker. Our delegates just love his hard hits and his humour.
Australian Liquor Stores Association
- Outstanding presenter. A wonderful message delivered in a memorable way... with humour.
Elders Real Estate
- John was fantastic, relevant, professional and very entertaining.
- Dynamic, provocative, thought-provoking presentation with a very clear message.
- You were the most popular of all speakers; your excellent blend of wit and sound advice was a major factor in this achievement.
Minister for Small Business & Tourism
- Without doubt the most humorous seminar speaker I have ever heard, but this did not detract from "the message", only reinforced it. Thoroughly recommended.
Esanda Finance Corporation Ltd
- As always, John was informative, relevant, but most important had a presentation style that was superb.
Australian Business Theatre
- Great presentation, John kept it moving along - a perfect mix of light hearted humour with solid content. The Dealers loved him.
Yamaha Music Australia
- His presentation is constructive and relevant to the activities of professional sales people.
Business Incentives & Conferences
- Highly entertaining. Great motivator. Well attuned to audience. Practical in the application of the critical concepts.
Australian Protective Service
- You were able to combine facts and humour in a presentation of the highest quality. We were especially pleased with the way you incorporated the messages and feel we requested in our briefing. The feedback from the attendees has been impressive.
Lend Lease Corporate Services
- John is a pleasure to listen to-mixing humour and serious thoughts about retailing in the one go.
- Very professional, gained a good appreciation of our business - speech was very pertinent.
- John was perfect for what we were looking for. He applied a bit a humor on his presentation but was down to business. The team felt inspired with the words that John left us with and will most likely remember it for quite sometime.
- As always a very enlightening presentation with good links back to our industry. Has the ability to keep his audience focused and involved. A very good mix of presenting important strategies with a little humour.
Hardy Wine Company Limited
- John was excellent. He really brought the whole day together. He delivers a simple straightforward message with lots of humour. I have had nothing but positive feedback about the whole day and everyone just loved him!
- I would like to thank John Lees for doing a wonderful job. He was funny and professional.
- Got a serious message across in a very entertaining way.
GWA Bathrooms & Kitchens (Caroma Dorf)
- Well what can I say? John was the most talked about speaker we had present at our conference this year! John was engaging with his jokes but this was a very important vehicle for his message to our group of ensuring they have the right teams in place for success! Delegates have said that they could have listened to John all day!
Choice Hotels Australasia
- Thank you for the great session you provided at the conference. The audience rating was 15% 'good' and 81% 'excellent'!
- Completely engaging. Came away with clear ideas and ways to implement them form some very good and amusing real experience examples.
- I found your whole session informative and extremely funny. Afterwards every member of my staff and virtually all suppliers that I spoke to throughout the course of the rest of the convention congratulated me on selecting you as a speaker. As you recall when we spoke on the phone I told you how hard an audience it could be at his event. But this time was completely the opposite with everybody having a great time. I want to thank you again for making the event our best ever.
Independent Purchasing Company (Australasia) Ltd
- John was highly professional and very well received. His humour was fantastic and some of the jokes he told had the audience laughing. We have had received a lot of great comments about John's performance. Delight to have at the conference.
Retirement Village Association Ltd
- All franchisees have made positive comments about John's presentation. He had an excellent mix of humor and content which was explained in terms that were very easy to understand.
- John Lees was a feature speaker at the Real Estate Sales & Leadership Convention in 2011 and at the 2012 Leadership Conference, both hosted by the Pittard Training Group. After both conferences, our evaluation sheets rated John as the top speaker. John is funny, yes, and provides great content. He's not a hype-'em-up speaker of no substance. Your people will learn great leadership lessons from John. Our people did. If you are looking for a top-notch leadership speaker or consultant, you cannot go past John Lees.
- I extend my sincere congratulations to you for your extremely professional contribution to both conferences. This is a bold statement, however true! You are the first presenter that I have dealt with over the last twenty five years that can 'walk the talk' and venture out of a comfort zone and away from their repertoire of three of four keynote addresses and consistently nail it!
- John Lees is the consummate professional. He researched our company, spent time visiting a customer to understand how our business operated, requested and edited background profiles on all participants that he had to introduce and on the day presented his topic and subsequently hosted the day and evening perfectly. He did a great job all round.
MiTek Australia Ltd
- A very warm and heartfelt thanks for the wonderful contribution you made over the last couple of days. Having spoken with many of the team I already know you made a profound and lasting impact with both our customers and team members.
- Thanks for a positive, entertaining and impressive session today at the Australian Amusement Leisure and Recreation Association Conference. Really enjoyed the presentation and your outlook on business and service.
- John kept the crowd intrigued and entertained. Delegates were impressed with his performance and made mention that it was the best guest speaker they had seen. We would definitely use John again for future events.
Great Southern Press
- John Lees is a great speaker. He was funny and inspirational. I would book him again.
Australian Newsagents Federation
- John was absolutely sensational - he is so professional and delivers a compelling message about how to go about giving your customers what they need and yet so funny with it - an absolute delight!
World Travel Professionals
- Entertaining, informative and motivating.
- Although initially wary that John Lees' message might not apply to both of our sales teams, John held a demanding group of salespeople 'in the palm of his hand' for for hours whilst delivering an energetic, entertaining and effective message that many will not forget! John's strategy of moving into the 'Second Gap' is relevant and if practiced, gives a salesperson the opportunity to interact with a customer at an entirely different level. John's commonsense examples and keys to success have provided the BDT team with performance 'fodder' which will be chewed over and acted upon for a long time to come.
Having personally been involved in sales conferences for more than 25 years, I do not remember the last time someone was so aptly relevant to the current market and who delivered a message in such a deliberate and entertaining manner. John Lees added an immense amount of value to this team, in a very short amount of time.
Black Diamond Technologies
- We had 21 participants at our National Sales Conference and without exception all attendees felt that John did an excellent job and added to their skill set. Obviously John had done a great deal of preparation and tailored his presentation directly at our group. His presentation was direct, humorous at times and well delivered. Combined with this he introduced a selling strategy new to our group, which our BDMs have already tried in the field with positive results.
Cookers Bulk Oil System Pty Ltd
- Congratulations on receiving rave reviews again. For a group that have experienced so many of the best speakers and motivators in Australia address them, you have topped all ratings that I can recall we have ever received. Comments included...
- 'John has the best method of making you think how much better you can be';
- 'John makes you think in a different way';
- 'Top information - John Lees is most valuable, use him more'; and
- 'Great entertainment whilst getting the information across'.
- Perfect for our audience. A very good option where you need a guest speaker (who is very funny) who also delivers an important message. 10/10.
MGA Insurance Brokers
- John, I can only describe the time that you spent talking to us as a 'highlight' of the tour. My own enjoyment and appreciation of the content of your presentation aside, the feedback I received from all the delegates and Suncorp executives was effusive; from the moment you left the room. All agreed you are one of the funniest people they have heard, and your humour hit the mark – the slapstick, the subtle and the wry. As importantly, the serious message generated much discussion and debate at dinner the same night, and I believe you left many with much food for thought. Mission accomplished. I must acknowledge your generosity of time in the meetings we had leading up to the presentation. As well as enjoying your company, your thoughts went a long way towards my own peace of mind about the whole tour, and I learnt a few things along the way. I think I can safely conclude the 2011 Suncorp Repairer Study Tour was successful in the main, and I acknowledge and thank you for your significant part in that.
- Thank you very much for the talk you gave at our conference on Sunday afternoon. Your mix of comedy with some really great messages certainly worked. I personally had some good take-aways from your presentation particularly regarding the second gap and the difference between access and success which I am sure I will use.
- The Myths and the Truth About Business Success (insights into personal and business success)
- The Move from Order-Taker to Sales-Maker (basic selling skills for reps and retailers)
- Sell Pleasure First... Price Last! (business to business selling)
- How Sales-Makers Win New Customers (converting prospects at the large and small end of town)
- Making Sales in the Second Gap (specialising in an area of opportunity that is uncontested)
- How to Make Sales During a Recession, Using Positive Aggression (fighting back and controlling sales)
- Successful Sales Management (inviting the best from a sales team)
- Winning with Service Attitudes and Teamwork (adaptable for leaders or leaders and their teams)
- The Focus, Thoughts and Actions of High-Achievers in Business (moving from indulgence to excellence)
- How to Drive a Franchise to Success (driving customers, staff, results... and yourself)
- Small Business is Never Good or Bad, it's What You Make it! (controlling sales, no matter what external conditions prevail)
- Retail Success is an Inside Job: learning the servant and master roles in retailing
- The Incredible Power of 'Centre-Field Marketing' (maximising customer success)
- Creating the Spirit of Service and Success: succeeding with customers and staff
- The Myths and the Truth About Business Success (insights into personal and business success)
- Funny Business (a humorous ‘after-dinner’ view of business and business people)
- How to Avoid Being a Successful Misery (learning to enjoy business, rather than to endure it)
Topic SynopsesThe Myths and the Truth About Business Success (insights into personal and business success)
You may have noticed that some people in business appear to have a miserable countenance, to the point where many don't seem to have smiled since their honeymoon, and even more appear to have been weaned on a lemon... and yet these people are somehow expected to please customers. And then many under-achievers have the nerve to say 'I want to be paid what I'm worth', only to be told by their boss, 'Sorry, we are not allowed to pay less than the award.' There are even people who, when asked 'How is business?', will say 'Well, we're having to work very hard at the moment'... which makes you wonder what they usually do each working day! One of the main reasons we have so many unhappy, poor performing people in business, is that they have have been misled into believing the lies rather than the truth about what it takes to do consistently well in any area of business. In this very entertaining and enlightening presentation, John Lees investigates some of the most popular and enduring myths about 'success', involving much humour, and then presents the truth about the real price of progress... covering attitudes, motivation, problem solving, and the promise that 'service' applies to everyone we encounter.
"I am very happy with the level of service I received and honestly can't think of how to improve on what was a great experience with Saxton."
Australian Glass & Glazing Association Inc.
Subscribe to our newsletter