John Shackleton became one of Europe’s top inspirational speakers after achieving phenomenal success in many areas. Successful businessman, international sports coach, property developer, British and New Zealand masters swimming champion, executive coach to CEO’s and MD’s, quite a background!
John’s talks explain the importance of controlling attitude, confidence, self-esteem, and mental focus. 'My passion is helping people to understand how improving these things greatly enhances their performance either as a producer themselves or a manager of others.' John’s style is energetic, amusing and hard hitting, using examples from business and sporting achievements (and failures!) and then adapting them to his audience’s environment.
John Shackleton spent most of his teenage years training as a competitive swimmer but failed to reach international standard because of a lack of self-belief. “I now realise that I had all the skills and ability but I just didn’t believe that I was good enough.” Retiring from competition in his late teens, he became a coach and studied Sports Psychology. This eventually led him to coach the British Triathlon team to become European champions. It also persuaded him to get back in the water and he still competes today. In July 2000 he placed 5th in both the 100m and 400m Freestyle events at the World Masters Swimming Championships. He swims faster now at the age of 50 than when in full training at 18 years old!
In the 1980’s John Shackleton started a British based training company developing an impressive client list, including organisations like ICI, 3M, Honda, Royal & Sun Alliance, Rank Xerox, Securicor, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, etc. and it eventually became the premier company of it’s kind in the UK turning over more than £1,000,000. His role as MD of this company coupled with his sports psychology background led John to become one of the UK’s top business coaches, working with CEO’s and senior executives from many blue chip companies.
His eighteen years experience in business and training, combined with his sports psychology background, have given John a unique style and an unrivalled ability to help individuals grow and develop and therefore achieve more. His talks use the latest human development technologies to help people excel and achieve new heights. “Most people really want to achieve greater things, but are held back by their own thinking, negative attitudes, limiting beliefs and fragile self esteem. I love helping people to harness the awesome power they have inside and use it to create outstanding results in their lives.”
Client Comments for John Shackleton
John Shackleton travels from New Zealand
- I have been monitoring the teams performance and there has been a marked increase in sales immediately afterwards. Thanks for your help and I look forward to working with you again.
- Brilliant, exceptional, the best conference I've been to in 20 years.
Royal Bank of Scotland
- The feedback from the delegates is that you were Fantastic and they have gone away with plenty of vision for the future. If everyone acts on even 10% of what you said, it will move our business a major step forward.
- If the individuals concerned take on board your positive attitude, I know that we would be reporting back with significant improvement in our performances by the end of the year.
- Success comes from inner confidence and preparedness and you are certainly showing us how to build that. Thank you so much for your contribution at the conferences.
"Nina, you are fabulous and I couldn't have asked for a more helpful contact."
NSW Rural Fire Service - Region West
Subscribe to our newsletter